"I don't even know HOW to pump gas and I am 62, native Oregonian...

>"I don't even know HOW to pump gas and I am 62, native Oregonian.....I say NO THANKS! I don't want to smell like gasoline!" wrote Sandy Franklin.
>"No! Disabled, seniors, people with young children in the car need help. Not to mention getting out of your car with transients around and not feeling safe too. This is a very bad idea. Grrr," wrote Cathy Dahl.
>"I had to do it once in California while visiting my brother and almost died doing it. This a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas. I can't even," he wrote.
>abc.net.au/news/2018-01-04/oregon-gas-pump-law-change/9304840
>america allows people like this to exist

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck. How can you not pump petrol? I was doing it when I was 12 for my parents lol wtf

I drove through oregon and there's tons of little coffee drive through stands.
I think they are afraid of leaving their cars.

Afraid? Or just lazy fat cunts

I cannot imagine someone else pumping my own gas. It's so painfully simple.

I pumped my moped when I was in 6th grade jesus fuck

These people are adults.

>Proponents of the bill argued that it's impractical for businesses in rural counties to have staff available to fuel vehicles 24 hours a day, so drivers in need of fuel after business hours usually have to call state police for assistance. Police would then bring a small amount of fuel and ask the operator of the closest gas station to open.
911 I hab emergency!

>home of the brave

>Jamal, fill up my truck and then fill up my wife!

Actually sweetie.

in my country, only staff can make refuel.
of course you can do it by yourself, but they be mad

All petrol station staff must have Certificate for flammable liquid manipulation.

What country?

>live in NY
>have both self-serve and full serve with the former being way more common
>they're usually the same price anyway
>get full serve and toss the dude working some hand warmers if it's cold outside
>gave the attendant a slice of the pizza I'd just bought once just because I was happy enough to not stand out in the fucking cold

Bosnia and Herzegovina

they also need to have anti static clothes

Where I live I've only ever seen two gas stations with full service in all my life.

And both times I stood around looking at the dude pumping gas and not knowing what to do while he proceeded to drip diesel all over the gas cap and me having to clean it up afterwards because diesel is fucking messy.

nah sorry i dont believe what you just said, if you are a lady maybe but then again no one at the age of 62 or any age over 40 would be in a shit house like this place.

buy a freightliner

Drive through New Jersey. Stopping for gas is on average 1.78 minutes longer than a self serve.

>I had to do it once in california while visiting my brother and almost died doing it

it'll get turned around in a month when niggers driving off without paying becomes the norm

What gas station let's you self-serve gas before paying?
I've never seen that before.

what the fuck? Where do you live?

California

Why would they give you the opportunity to steal gas when pumps are computer controlled now?

anywhere that isn't a republican shithole

I've driven across US and never seen gas station where you pumped before paying.

Hahaha fucking burgers and their inability to change gears or pump gas

most european stations are like that
>fill up
>pay with card or go into shop and tell them you'd like to pay for pump number X
>Almost like a civilized first world country
How fucking archaic are american gas stations? do you handcrank every drop and then toss the owner some gold nuggets, and head back on the newly graveled trail?

It's not that bad, you can pay with credit at the pump or walk into the convenience store and prepay in cash.
Some places have a kiosk that lets you pay in cash without talking to anyone, like arco.

Where I live, you use your card at the pump (or prepay a certain amount), fill up and leave. Otherwise I'm sure people would steal gas.

literally everywhere in australia except costco.

What? The normal kind? You pump the gas and go pay inside.

To ad to this. There are probably not any places left where you couldn't pre-pay at the machine, and I do that to not have to interact with people, but my dad for example uses the old way as he always wants to fill the tank up to the brim and also pay for gas in cash. He also pays for croceries in cash. He goes to the ATM before going into the store (here using an ATM doesn't cost anything as I guess it does in Freedomia)

everywhere in nz as far as I know, only places that dont are ones in dodgy areas after 10pm, and like unmanned places.
most places have extra staff so someone might come over and fill up for you if you ask but like it's w/e

Most places that aren't in shitholes

Oregon only has full service stations because of shitty protectionist laws meant to preserve an obsolete industry. I would compare it with paper mills getting a federal tax subsidy because their revenues are decreasing due to a lack of demand for newsprint, etc.

Stop spamming this dumbass thread. No one gives a fuck what goes on in liberal trash land

That's because they stopped allowing it pretty much everywhere in the US after oil companies jacked up prices following refinery damage due to hurricane Katrina.

Oh and by the way those same companies posted record profits for years following that, once they realized they could just keep the prices at $2+ without affecting demand, long after the shortage was over.

Imagine those people who live in a country where people would steal shit worth less then 100$ 'because they can', imagine that those people think Europe is not safe. Imagine that. The hypocrisy. The complete retardation.

Bong here, before I went to the US I had no idea there was anything different. You pull up, fill up the car, go inside, tell them you're at pump 3, pay, leave.

Minnesota does this

>Accepting anything but the most premium pump, pump number 1.
fagget.

Everywhere

>tipping the attendant

>tipping

>live in US
>have to pre-pay for gas in black areas because they steal it
>visit EU
>military police armed with automatic weapons every other street corner and all over the transit stations to deal with religion of peace

I'd rather just swipe my card for gas, thanks.

>I'd rather just swipe my card for gas, thanks.
Don't forget tipping the policeman after you get shot.

you haven't actually been there, have you?
I've been in both. Europe and the states.
In the states there is police everywhere, they're twitchy, they are armed with machine guns.
In Europe they are only at the most touristic spots. And even there they're not looking at you like they're about to shoot you for breathing.
Also: Veeky Forums related statistic: per month the traffic-mortality rate in the US kills more people than have died in the past 10 years by muslims in Europe.
But you guys sure have your priorities straight.

How the fuck do you fill up if you pay before? Are americans retarded enough to only put 20$ when they hit the low gas level?

In the last two years I've been in Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Rome and Naples. I've never seen (in the flesh) a US police officer armed with a shouldered weapon. And since I'm not a crazed drug-addict waving a gun at people while selling stolen cigarettes on the sidewalk, the police and I get along just fine.

Does it even register in your mind how low you are setting the bar by comparing murder rates to traffic fatality rates?

Just to play the devil's advocate:

I actually work as a gas station attendant in Texas. At least once a week, I have some inept jackass not realize that the pumps have these little flanges that will keep the flow open unless you squeeze the handle to disengage them first. They will remove the nozzle from their vehicle, gas spurting every where, and stand there utterly dumbfounded, staring, while gallons upon gallons of gas flows onto the ground.

Most of them realize they need to squeeze the handle it get it to stop. Some just drop the thing and let it run until the emergency stop gets hit (usually by someone else entirely). More than 90% try to drive away without letting anyone know there was a spill. Of the 10% that do let us know, it's because they are coming in to ask for a refund on the gas they wasted.

I've seen men, women, the old and the young all do this shit. The most gas I have seen spilled this way was nearly 50 gallons on a graveyard. The dumbfuck literally looked at the nozzle spraying gas for several seconds, in a total stupor, and then must have imagined the nozzle was a snake given how they dropped it suddenly and ran away from it, and refused to go near it.

I personally wish it was illegal for some people to pump their own gas. Being able to prove you know how to use a gas pump should be part of the fucking driving test.

I don't know American (and I've lived in many states and known many of us) who thinks "Europe" is unsafe. They think parts of Eastern Europe are dangerous, but I doubt they actually realize that the Balkans or Russia is part of Europe.

>only put 20$
That's enough to fill up your typical car here

You've been to tourist traps, if that. You've never seen a police officer armed with a machine gun in the U.S., because they literally cannot have them except for SWAT. You have never seen SWAT in person, because the likelihood of even a full-time resident of the U.S. being involved in a situation that requires SWAT is portions of a single percent.

No cop in the U.S. is looking at you like they want to shoot you for breathing unless you're acting like someone they should be concerned about. I interact with all kinds of cops all the damn time, and the only time I had a negative interaction was when I was a teenager acting like a fuckhead.

I've never been to Europe, so I won't comment on it.

Relevant statistic: comparing accidents to murders is assinine; there have been more terrorist attacks in Europe in the last two years than there have been in the U.S. in the last decade. The amount of dead in your terrorist attacks surpass the number killed in our mass shootings. inb4 you talk about mass shootings; even with mass shootings, once you removed the 15,000-16,000 or so gun deaths caused by suicide (because you wouldn't include suicide in violent shootings because that's vapid and disingenuous AF senpai), the U.S. has the 4th or 5th lowest incidence rate of firearm death in the entire world, per capita.

One of these days, you people will figure out that the mass media is actually presenting information that is designed to make you feel a certain way to get you to watch the news, because that's how they make money. It's literally identical to a vocal minority on an internet forum insisting that a car is shit, when real-world information shows otherwise.

>Or just lazy fat cunts
t. Tennessee or some other fat shithole

It's no harder than driving a manual car.

It's funny, in Germany you'd be fined for running out of fuel.

In Italy we pay first, select the pump, put the gas in and go. Where is the problem?

This guy's name is Kale. Fucking kale, the leafy green stuff hippies eat.

I fucking refuse to believe that California is skinnier than Montana
>t. Commifornian who moved to Montana

Dude! There go all your polyester suits.

No has ever pumped my gas I live in Illinois

shows the character of your people

Where I live, most gas stations you just hit "Pay inside", fill up, go inside and get your shit and pay for it all at once. You can pay with a card if you choose, or prepay if you choose.

In America, we have this thing called choices. We make them on our own. I know it's hard for a europoor to understand.

Oregonian here
ama

So stupid he doesn't realise he has described

Pic related.
Staten Island Ferry. Not 1 but 2 machine-gun armed coastguards need to protect it. AT ALL TIMES. Because some autistic sperg has thought up a situation where 2 machineguns are going to make a difference when a ferry is under attack.

Also:
It clearly shows you've never been to Europe. There's a more respectful atmosphere there.
The degree to which you can trust people is far greater. It is far less about who holds (physical) power over whom. Which is (imo) far better because you're not reliant on superior firepower, and in its absence are a potential victim, but you live in a society where you don't get harmed. (bla bla, terrorist attacks. As shown, statistically irrelevant but go-ahead. think that it'll make your point.)
Safety can be expressed in numbers and in state of mind. In numbers Europe wins hands down. In state of mind, i personally prefer the European approach where you can feel generally safe without a weapon or some other power-mechanism to ensure people abide the law.

Please do stop spewing your nonsense please.
>the U.S. has the 4th or 5th lowest incidence rate of firearm death in the entire world, per capita.
The USA has a TEN TIMES higher deathrate from fire-arms (excluding suicide) then any top20 country in the world.
cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/

Simple fact is that the USA is far less safe than Europe. On any 'safety number'. With maybe the sole exception "chance of getting blown up by muhamed". Which is negligible from a statistical perspective. Unlike gun violence or road-mortality.
And guess what? This shows. Average life-expectancy is significantly lower in the USA.

Never seen this outside California. But for the tards I'll explain
>Go inside
>Swipe card for high estimate ie 100$
>Only use 80$
>only get charged for 80$

>What gas station let's you self-serve gas before paying?

Every station in the civilised world.

Americunt's can't be trusted with £30 worth of petrol.

Only two American states, which are by coincidence shit in their own way, do not allow you to pump gas.

>Steal/threaten/otherwise be retarded around cops
>give them attitudes
>wonder why retards get shot

Holy fuck.
>be a Russian
>live in Russia
>most gas stations allow you to pump before paying
>others are either shitty or located in the middle of nowhere
>mfw US gas stations can't trust their drivers with $50 worth of gas

Well, more Americans 1196 times more retarded than Bongs I guess.

I spend 80k/year on diesel that I pump myself
When I was home last weekend I opted to fill at a full service station. It was -3 degrees and didn't want to smell like fuel.
Can I do it? Yes. Does a law need made to make everyone pump their own gas? No.
It's amazing how many of you soyboys are literally getting off to the fact that you can pump gas and think it should now be a social standard for everyone.
Pic: is me and my rig

They are a poor nation run by a bankrupt crook so what do you expect.

You just go back in and get change if you over-prepay

>he is forgetting the population difference

what happened to your trip, buddy?
are you evading a ban?

>I just filled you up with 87 because a Mazda doesn't need premium.

REEEEEEEEEEEE NEW JERSEY GET AWAY FROM MY ROTARY

Shithole dweller here, 95% of gas stations here let me fill the tank before paying
Most also have a dude that will pump your gas and/or wash your windshield for a tip

The Oregon gas crisis is interesting. I didnt think there were stations that filled for you any more

:/
Take pump put it in hole press until fluid comes out.
It's literally sex with cars. Those people can fuck, they should be able to do this too.

anywhere that accepts credit

>Those people can fuck,
they're all numales and fat people and angery feminists, so i doubt it

Pump number 1 in my country is the high capacity one, mainly used by trucks, vans and buses. People avoid pump number 1 because it usually has diluted diesel because it's for the trucks so why not.

How retarded you have to be to not be able to use a petrol pistol? I don't understand how you can drive, but can't into petrol pump.
Even a washing machine is rocket science compared to a fucking fuel fill up of your car.

I bet this is also why you aren't "allowed" with phones and cigarettes at the petrol station. They aren't actually dangerous (cigarette temperature is not enough to ignite diesel), but people are so retarded they might drop the cigarette in the fuel tank (this would get dangerous) or talk on the phone, get distracted and put petrol in a diesel car.

>"...grrr." wrote Cathy Dahl
People don't do this, do they?

>you'd be fined for running out of fuel
This is the shit that makes no fucking sense about Yurop

>this kills the oregonian

thats a military boat, just saying.

woot colorado master race.

>tfw you wouldn't know anything about that because you always pay for gas with card, put in however much you need, and not worrying about it

Because you create obstructions in the road by being fucking retarded

>super unleaded

how do I super-unlead a fuel?

What the fuck?
Where do you live where you can pump gas freely and not pay???!?!?!??!?!

When did this happen?
I was in Oregon sometime this last summer and I definitely pumped my own gas (I believe it was in Wilkesboro)

You pay at the kiosk after filling you dumb amerimutt.

I did wonder what the hell this meant though...