Does anyone know of any car shows similar to say pimp my ride and overhauling...

Does anyone know of any car shows similar to say pimp my ride and overhauling? (IE take a car that’s shitty turn it into something amazing) that’s still on the air? I have a 67 chevelle that my grandpappy bought new and it has become a family heirloom with a great history and story behind it and I wanted to try and get it on one of the shows

Pimp my car didn't fix mechanical problems it was all cosmetic

The only shows that do that are the hot rod flipper shows where they buy the car, spiff it up and then sell it. Or a client pays them to do it. Nobody is going to fix up your car for free, but they'll gladly take it off your grandpa's hands.
I remember the one time they had to just buy the kid a whole new car because his was actually two different cars that had been poorly welded together.

There was the one episode where they put a diesel engine in a 65 Impala.

But although the show operated within such a minimal framework, things were a bit more complicated behind the scenes. From cars that would break down in a matter of weeks to fat-shaming a contestant to one MTV employee apparently trying to convince another car owner to break up with his girlfriend, there was a lot more to the creation of this show than Xzibit simply saying, “Yo dawg.” The Huffington Post spoke with three of the kids who got their cars pimped: Jake Glazier from Season 4 and Seth Martino and Justin Dearinger from Season 6. All three had previously done brief AMAs on Reddit about their time on the show. (It should be noted that each appeared on “Pimp My Ride” near the latter half of its run.) And for a perspective from the other side of the camera, co-executive producer Larry Hochberg responded to a few of the claims made by contestants.

Although all of the people spoken to about “Pimp My Ride” ultimately had mostly positive experiences, the reality of what it took to get pimped ended up being even more strange than expected.

“I was very excited and naïve, so they could have told me unicorns were making me breakfast and I wouldn’t have questioned it,” Martino said. Viewers of this aughts-spectacle ended up having the same experience ...

Sometimes additions to the cars were just for the show and would be taken out of the vehicle immediately after filming.
In Justin Dearinger’s Reddit AMA, he claimed that “they actually take out a lot of the stuff that they showed on TV,”
That said, it seems as if things were occasionally put into cars with no intention of them ever working in real life. For example, a robotic arm installed into Seth Martino’s car was, as he put it, actually solely “controlled by commands that were entered into a laptop by the spiky haired guy off screen.” In reality, it “was just a robotic arm with a bunch of wires hanging out of it.

Pretty much anything on the velocity channel. Graveyard Carz would be perfect for that chevelle though.

I think op wants it done for free

>Graveyard Carz
>Chevelle
lulz
Also those shows don't take charity cases, you have to pay them to fix up your cars.

Lol fuck i overlooked the free factor. Guess you're outta luck OP

Roadkill, but I don't think you want them touching it.

Do it yourself faggot

I would anons But I’m far too busy with college starting a family and trying to save for student loans to fix it
I mainly wanted it restored before my grandpa passes as he’s always been worried about us forgetting about it and leaving it to rust away after he passes even though we’ve assured him half a thousand times that we most definitely won’t

>Going to College
Go learn a trade instead, less debt and more income. College is for suckers and fags.
>Starting a family
Don't start a family until you're financially stable. Like 5-10 years after you've established a career and have net positive income.
Get a real job, skip the women's studies degree and don't have kids until you're 30 and you'll have plenty of money to fix up that Chevelle, Jamal.

>PIMP MY RIDE
They frequently removed original engines and replaced them with a crate engine.

>let it rust away
>we’ve assured him half a thousand times that we most definitely won’t
Doesn't look like anyone has done shit. Empty talk is hardly reassuring to a seasoned old man.

I’m going to college for software engineering to make more than 100k a year I don’t think I’m wasting my time
And I made some poor choices in my earlier years and have a daughter already so I’m always working to provide for her also I’m not a nigger otherwise why would o care about an old muscle car so much?
That’s not the actual pic of the car user I’m phone posting and don’t have any photos of it recently on my car it’s been kept clean and tidy it’s just missing it’s interior wirings going to shit and the body’s starting to get Rust on the bottom panels and I’m starting to worry

I'm curious as to why you would post now, as opposed to when you had actual photos, considering that this is an image board and all.

Your post seems like bait...
On the off chance it's not, don't send it to a shop they will charge you 100$ or more an hour and cut corners whenever possible.
There are a few professional restoration guys around that don't have big shops that will do it right but for more cash and they take 6+ months for the car to get done.

Best option is to restore it yourself, your grandpa would be heartbroken if the shop you send it too puts in a crate engine and blingy 18" tires.

>Wants someone to fix his car for free
>Knocked up his girlfriend
>Thinks he's going to make $100k a year with a worthless degree from ITT
>Not a nigger.
Sorry DeShwan, I meant "Proud African American"

Do they at least cut out rusted spots and fill them in with sheet metal or is it all bondo?

They don't even do that

Just go to a body shop if you want rust out.

Don't worry, I can fix the rust myself, I'm not OP. Just curious about how they do it on the shows

I’m phone posting plus the car is in storage a ways away so I don’t really have any photos of the car ATM and I’m not gonna drive 3 hours to go take some pictures of it to please you guys
Believe what you want but I’m just a guy who made some mistakes when he was younger who cares a lot about his heritage.

>ike 5-10 years after you've established a career
>until you're 30
lmao the fucking memes you guys fall for and repeat to try and sound smart.

not even gonna bother explaining to you why you sound stupid for repeating this. You'll just argue with me CONVINCED that your meme that you read and repeated just like the previous guy is 100% accurate and true.

Doesn't make OP not a dipshit though.

foam, cardboard, and fibreglass. don't ask how I know.

>I dindu nuffin, I's just tryan' to get mah life on track! We wuz Kangz 'n sheeiit!

Do it yourself you lazy faggot.

>im upset because OP is actually white and trying to make his family happy like I never could do!
The post

Yeah, I'm so upset that I'm not a brain dead loser that knocked up some slut and now has to bury himself in debt because he didn't know what a condom was for.
Protip OP, no amount of rebuilt cars will ever make your grandfather see you as anything other than a disappointing fuck up.
Because it's not about heritage, it's about trying to regain your family's approval.
And I'm sorry, but if you actually are white then I'm just going to laugh and your stupid ass even harder.

>crawwwwling in my skiiiiiin

There is a YouTube show from Hagerty, the wrenchmen. I think those guys do it. But so far it has only been boomers. Maybe they will pick you to market towards retards.