How are you stopping the winter rust rape? Do you just let it happen like a faggot?

How are you stopping the winter rust rape? Do you just let it happen like a faggot?

don't live in a shit location

No you move to somewhere where they don’t salt the roads. My car that i brought from PA has 30k miles on it, and my project car is a retired police car(read: rode hard and put away wet) which i bought here in TX with 175k and it looks like it just rolled off of the assembly line. In comparison.

>No you move to somewhere where they don’t salt the roads.
Literally nowhere in the Western world.

>SNOW
>SALT
found your problem 2bh

The south, you retard. Doesn’t snow here in texas

If your country doesn't have any snow, it's not a white country desu.

no salt in California, only rust buckets are from the east coast

ya but california is a 3rd world shithole

You trying to make a pun?

Washing the car once a week and piling the underside every month

This.

Sucks to be you, OP.

By living in florida

No salt used on the roads in my region either (north central Minnesota), at least around all the lakes in my area, they only plow and treat with sand, to keep salt out of the lakes.

Yea ok retard

My salt free shit box, we just gravel roads instead

By living in Florida

>stopping the winter rust
Stop driving Toyota trucks.

By living in Texas.

1.dont live on the coast
2. Don't live in the north
3. Don't own a Toyota/Mazda

Yeah but then you have to live in florida

>le Toyota rusts maymay

>Toyota recognizes the rust problem, gives 15 YEARS warranties on the frame for Tacos and Tundras
>"HURR DURRR TOYOTA FRAME RUST"
>American trucks just as bad if no worse rust
>do fuck all about it
>"U SEE, MURICA TRUCK NEEDS NO RECALL. FERD BUILD TUFF DOGE THE FATHER FRAM THE DAUGHTER"

Americans are a special kind of retard

I get my WRX undercarriage oiled sprayed every year. Costs me 50 bucks and my car looks fairly new under it and it's like 12 years old

>Live in the south
> Don't worry about this shit

My car is zinc coated and literally fucked up with undercoat. i just wash the underside every two weeks. thats it

Jeez mate, you have enough salt for every road, where I live. Calm down

Central Yurop is generally salt city

could anyone confirm? is this a good advice? i'm willing to buy automatic car wash for my miata even every day if it'll protect her from rusting through the winter. i live in poland, so we have salt on the roads, and miata is famous for rusting

i don't have warm garage, so bits of water from car wash might turn into ice.

Before salt came
wire brush any flaky bits of rust away
Miracle Painted over surface rust left wherever reachable
touchless self serve washing every week at strategic times.

We'll see how it goes next season. I covered pretty much every single bit of rust I could possibly see and reach under the car, took like 4 days to do properly (on and off, I work full time)

here

I do mine once a week as long as its not like in the singles or negative.

Yes it freezes, not much you can do. If you use the "spotless rinse" last it helps a lot of the majority evaporate faster, so only minimal amounts actually stay on the car.

On a Miata I would keep the soft top up and dont fucking move it till it thaws completely or youre gonna have rips.
Also I use the self serve not the automatic, the one where you get a wand and go select the spray you want then spray it down yourself. It helps me focus on the underside.

thanks, i'm gonna use auto wash every week then. bottom of my car has this rust-protective coat, so i guess ordinary auto wash will do.

>top
i'm proud owner of hardtop, thought it's a must have since my softtop is already ripped in various spost as i bought it

they don't salt the roads in Alaska, you can find old as fuck shjtheaps with only a light peppering of rust from normal water and air corrosion

That's where you're wrong.

Can't you just use a pump sprayer like they kind they sell to kill weeds to wash the salt off?

Washing it frequently.

Twice a year:
>lift car up
>wipe down with ballistol

>las vegas
>rust

haha. i have a '94 civic and it doesnt have ONE SPEC of rust anywhere, body or underside. feels damn good not having a single rusty bolt on your entire car.

later audi 100`s and 80`s have god tier rust proffing. amen to those cars, sadly that level of quality has not been kept with newer cars. jaysus fuck, the only thing that can keep an old audi 80 down is a failed fuel pump, no fuel or the driver has expired.
dull shitboxes, but holy ghost, thunderous quality, 80`s west german cars were the shit. except opels.

>las vegas
That faded paint though.

How to deal with winter salt rusting the hell out of your car?

>~~WiNtEr CaR~~

Although this might be the last winter for the old Crown Vic, she did her job well. All my fun vehicles are parked in the garage until March.

wow Veeky Forums is a real good community full of really helpful people. you summer boys are funny

id get a beater. or just knock down the rust patch where needed and seal the whole damn truck good. wont stop it forever but it will slow it down

stop buying amerishit cars

I don't like Cali either but claiming it's a 3rd world shithole just means you're an inbred from a backwoods republican state taking more from the government than you give back.

>buy an already raped del sol
>repair with bondo

mfw bondo doesn't rust

I might buy an early 90s honda. what should I do to mitigate rust? are coatings memes? should I just go to a car wash every so often?

>been to Texas when it's snowing
>now I don't go to Texas
It takes a special kind of stupid to get into a wreck at 10mph in a quarter inch of snow, but damn that harvest was bountiful for y'all. Enjoy your next hurricane sleepover.

Or K-Jet.
K-Jet can keep an audi 80 down.

Send it to greener pastures where someone will care about a clean 90s Civic.

it's an accord tho

Several ways to do it:
1) Keep your car in the garage when they start salting the roads.
2) Maintain your paint and undercoat. Metal won't rust until it's exposed.
3) Spray your car with Krown or WD40. Those chemicals repel moisture and inhibit the chemical reaction that creates rust.
4) If rust has started in an area, you have to cut off all of it or it will keep spreading.