*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

>we all need to drive sports cars to handle the twisty roads here

*lanesplits*

why are they on the wrong side of the road

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>teleports behind you
***knocks you off**
what do?

Sportbike kiddos can barely ride in a straight line.

>lanespli-
>*bumps into tow mirror*
>*hits horn accidentally*
>*falls over*
>*posts entire thing on youtube*
>ASSHOLE CAGER !!RUNS INTO ME!!

Had a lovely person try to commit suicide off the bridge one year, happily lanesplit past all my coworkers in the traffic, arrived 2 minutes late, didn't see them for another hour and a half lololol.
>Boss when he walks in and only 4 of 51 people are present

*lanesplits with 380 mm handlebars*

had a bikecuck try to lane split past me a few weeks ago. the light turned green sooner than he expected (they normally get to the front and then cut across and turn onto a side street, because they don't want to ride up the side of the road) and he was stuck riding between lanes with cars with a scared shitless look on his face until everyone passed him

the roads are not designed for bicycles. they're too slow. cyclist friendly roads are normally artifically slowed down to 25mph ("pedestrian safety") with tiny car lanes and huge bike lanes

which just makes a huge bottleneck for 99% of the population and worsens traffic through surrounding routes...so some rich hipsters with friends on the council can get to whole foods in style.

*destroys your nation*

the problem isn't cars, it's density

>okay so we put all the jobs in one 4 mile square
>and all the houses around that
>traffic will be great

>25 mph
Why?
I can go faster than that on my bike.

The problem is trying to combine both.

Hell, a traffic jam is often slower than walking.

the problem is the dogshit urban planning

[D E J A V U]

>amount of times user has seen this happen: 0

burgers should never be in charge of city planning

Photoshop destroyed my nation?

>I can go faster than that on my bike.

Not for any distance. And then you'll get sent home from work because you smell like a goat and your co-workers complain.

You're right, the problem is density. But the problem is that metro areas aren't dense ENOUGH. The obsession with detached 2500 sqft houses in quiet streets means neighborhoods are spread out like shit and ironically everyone's forced to speed through neighborhoods, making them anything but quiet. Partially also the fault of garbage zoning because God forbid you have a grocery store in your neighborhood, the delivery traffic twice a day will ruin everyone's lives, better make every household drive ten miles for groceries instead.

*cluelessslutchangeslanes*

Mixed zoning is the solution, not cramming everyone together like fucking bug people.

this! driving anywhere into the city and encountering traffic becomes 10x more annoying once you've lanesplit a few times.

>takes A road instead

I lanesplit on my motorbike and my bicycle. I often get into this situation when im on my bicycle but once you do it enough the scared shitless face goes away and you just dive to the right before people start moving. Its only really a problem if you don't have balls, as usual on a bicycle. More afraid you are, higher the chance you're going to get fucked in the ass.

>long ass line of traffic
>lights red
>'haha sickkk'
>start filtering
>light goes green
>traffic doesn't start moving for another 5 seconds
>stay in middle and dive to the right when cars start catching up to me.

works everytime m8.

bbbut how can it block my path

(me)
I want to add that i think filtering is actually worse/less fun on my motorcycle. Although it's easier to run away if someone gets pissed at you, the amount of times people have gotten mad at me for filtering is much higher when im on my motorcycle. On a motorcycle if you make it to the front of a traffic jam and it's a red light, it gets REALLY awkward because people arnt used to being in the same lane as a motorcycle. On a bicycle when you get to the front you can just get to the right side of the right lane (near the sidewalk) and wait for the light to turn green and it looks normal. Also running the red light is much less awkward on a bicycle, feels like no one even noticed, cant pull that shit on a motorcycle.

*opens car door*

*blocks your path*

Urban sprawl is the problem, cities start out small and travel is easy, yet they sprawl out endlessly and the time spent in cars sitting in traffic increases exponentially