Outside of US, which region/country has a good Drag Racing scene?

Outside of US, which region/country has a good Drag Racing scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9VAN1zN2is
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_inventions
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wg1VwVYwXI
youtube.com/watch?v=qIrdK9xEEcw
youtube.com/watch?v=_F7p1DI-YfY
youtube.com/watch?v=a1hBfBH0CWo
youtube.com/watch?v=mUKnCw8gFgo
youtube.com/watch?v=KpooQlFNVQg
youtube.com/watch?v=jHelzrG2YEM
youtube.com/watch?v=qYeFvV7U4ig
youtube.com/watch?v=h2HzeKuWxPI
youtube.com/watch?v=AjZETsS3tXM
youtube.com/watch?v=AVEtHxqjHbA
youtube.com/watch?v=D0vDU8XgFXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In the UK it's small but dedicated.

We have the fastest strip in Europe and (arguably) the world's fastest road legal car: Red Victor 3. It runs a low 6 at about 240mph. I don't follow it like I used to, but I think it might have been beaten in the USA now at Drag Week (maybe Larry Larson)

I'd guess Australia will have a pretty decent scene based on their car culture in general

>Germany
>UK
>Australia
But Scandinavia definitely takes the cake.

Well I just googled it, apparently, 5 is the new 6. Larson and Lutz are both into the 5s in street legal cars

Yeah, we're generally slower than the US but there has been a couple of times where Aus drivers have taken records, helps that we've changed our classes to emulate the American formula now too so it's easier to do back to back comparisons.

I can say though my local venue is booked out week in week out for the street meets.

If you just want to see something different, the Euro/Scandi scene is full of these.

The Pod holds the record for the fastest pass in the world at 386mph

>US
>Good for anything

Pic related is great.
Brazilians have some crazy fast fwd cars, Argies only have some awd VWs and a bimmer. Scene is not so great here as in Brazil

Cuba apparently has a great drag racing scene, but only because they spend all their time cobbling together their cars from parts imported through sketchy channels.

Source: Epic Drives Cuba Episode

Australia, UK, Germany, Scandinavia, Brazil, Argentina.

Brazil surprisingly has a decent drag racing scene. Some crazy Pro-Mods and some the fastest FWD are from there.

youtube.com/watch?v=p9VAN1zN2is

>>Us
>>good for anything
What is the saturn V, what is Space Shuttle program, what is Space x

The satrun v alone is the single greatest human achievement and you bet your sweet ass it was built right here in burger land

feel free to go through this as well en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_inventions

>being in brazil

t. 56%

I'm Argentinian.

>what is Space Shuttle program
Of all the things you could have been right about, you chose one of the worst things to ever happen to space travel

a reusable suborbital spaceflight platform? deployed GPS? enabled decades of scientific research and engineering? Parked the ISS?
yeah man definitely hot garbage

I'm argentinian too, we just accept that they have fast cars

>what is Space x
Trash, Space X is trash.

>t. Proud burger

More expensive than pretty much every other alternative? Blocked american rocket and unmanned space travel tech development for decades? Not able to perform the only task that forced it to have the kind of wings it had (bring military stuff to polar orbit)? Deadlier than any other space program? Slowest launch schedule? Pointlessly endangered the lives of 7 astronauts each launch?

Yeah man definitely the Pinnacle of space travel

When Russians, of all people, try to make a carbon copy of your amazing space tech because they want to understand what's so special about it, and then they scrap the whole program after the first launch, then you know you made something wrong.

Humankind had the tech to do completely unmanned missions anywhere in low Earth orbit since the 70s, one of the crafts we send to the ISS to this very day is a 40+ years old russian design, but then big boy NASA wanted to risk 7 lives and waste billions each time they wanted to launch a lame comm sat for absolutely no reason. There is a cheaper and safer alternative for every single one of the things you listed.

Even NASA executives said the Space Shuttle program was a failure, I don't understand how could someone still defend it.

It was absolutely gorgeous to watch, I may or may not have shed a manly tear when they retired it, but it was an absolute failure on everything it originally tried to do.

I was expecting Japan to have a good scene, but goddamn they're bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Wg1VwVYwXI

Straya.

youtube.com/watch?v=qIrdK9xEEcw

Pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=_F7p1DI-YfY

Australia has a huge drag racing scene.
>youtube.com/watch?v=a1hBfBH0CWo
>youtube.com/watch?v=mUKnCw8gFgo
>youtube.com/watch?v=KpooQlFNVQg

Some no-prep action from Finland.

youtube.com/watch?v=jHelzrG2YEM

and some pro stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=qYeFvV7U4ig

Brazil.

youtube.com/watch?v=h2HzeKuWxPI

>fuhrer

suborbital flight has nothing to do with the space shuttle

t. le 56% face

I don't think there is a Top Fuel category outside US desu.

Wrong

Tell me where?

Heard he don't go easy on the gas.

Australia

Straya cunt

UK has Top Fuel at the Pod

Fukin straya

youtube.com/watch?v=AjZETsS3tXM

>a reusable suborbital spaceflight platform?

Do you even know what that means or did you just throw 4 words together to sound smart?

>Canada
>Sweden
>Qatar
>Australia
>Japan
>U.K. Somewhat

Qatar? Isn't just oilrichfags?

>The satrun v alone is the single greatest human achievement
Many people would argue that antiseptics and modern medicine are mankind's greatest achievement.

The FIA runs a European top fuel championship.

Dubai

Top Fuel only?

Don't they have some worldwide championship with Pro-Mods and Steel bodies? Must be fun seeing builds from around the world competing against each other.

euro championship:
top fuel
top meth
pro stock
pro mod

Only China
youtube.com/watch?v=AVEtHxqjHbA
youtube.com/watch?v=D0vDU8XgFXY