/nioh/ - /O K A T S U/

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Disassemble it all. Offer at shrines if you are short on elixirs.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
No. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Save it for endgame.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

>When will I lock the X region or X mission in Way of the Samurai and beyond?
You unlock new regions by completing missions, any missions. When you are at the mission select map hit square to go to region select. There is a meter on the bottom right and as you finish mission it fills, when it reaches the lines the next regions unlock. Fully completing all mission in a single region will unlock some dojo missions

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed)

>Umbracite is now a thing. Use it to pick the Reforges you want
>Silabar ingots are also now a thing. Forge them at the blacksmith with Patronage points for a makeshift soulstone
>Can now use patronage to Soul match. You can now use those extra levels Old man or Waifu wouldn't accept
>Clans have improved stats across the board. Equipment can now be traded for Honour using the 'Donations' function
>No, you cannot forge ethereals

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PRLUiZ6VB38
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>almost 700 luck
>etherial droprate is still ass

>700 luck
what the fuck

how

I thought I was reaching a lot to get 400 without living weapon

>ethereal drop
>set bonus I wnated, awesome starred effect
>6 slots

marobashi is dead to me, even with good luck the ethereal droprate there is hot garbage. pretty much if you want ethereals you have to farm missions from the DLCs.

2x living weapon luck talismans, 1 is yasakani +95 each
5 +25 luck inheritables
3 set bonus swallowtail +25 luck
furata clan +60 bonus
90 luck prestige
itokuri as secondary +42 luck
gyokuto as living weapon spirit +130

So where should I be at if I'm just starting WotD? I've got my weapons and armor at about +10 with most of their levels hovering around 170 or so, and about 3000 health at level 165. Should I invest in health or damage while levelling at this point?

where can I read about tome? the wiki has nothing

>can't forge Ranmaru's custom helmet, also can't refashion other helmets to look like it
>can forge Yamamoto Kansuke's helmet, one of Katsuie's helmets, and two of Mitsuhide's helmets

Is my copy bugged or did TN really have such little foresight?

>ethereal drop
>set bonus I wnated, awesome starred effect
>6 slots

iktf

adding to this, i keep kingoshit so i dont lose a ton of damage for a tiny amount of luck

her character dictionary page? it fills in every time you collect a kagatsuchi magatama

>farm a few hours earlier for yasakani magatama
>check tome now
>she's selling one
reeeeeeeeee

hard to believe you didnt have a yasakani till now, congrats anyway

>get a mystic yasakani
>all the rolls are shit

I havent played much until the second dlc came out then I went hard, halfway through wise atm

user-tachi, I need help. I played the game when it was new and after beating it and getting like halfway through Way of the Strong, I dropped it, only coming back for each of the DLCs.
I have no idea how ethereals and other new shit works, my weapons' damage are barely in the thousands. What should I farm and what's the best way to get stronk now?

Is this in a place im not seeing? Cause under people in amrita memories there aint shit about anyone.

make sure you go to it when you are at the main mission select. I've found if you go there when in the middle of something, like the sell menu at blacksmith, it doesn't work properly.

yeah youre right I checked it again at the map and it came up

I bet my life there will be ethereal fragments in the next dlc but they will cost something outrageous like 15 divine fragments to make just one adn you'll need heaps to have a chance at crafting an ethereal bit of gear. it will make farming revs viable again and by the time it drops people will have ethereal gear all over the place so you won't have to wade through seas of divine shitters to get them.

This game is my first introduction to a diablo loot system and it has 100% given me chronic terminal autisim about requiring perfect rolls.

Got this axe off a revenant and I think I can reforge better attributes than this. What should I am for? Or should I wait for something with a starred skill to show up?

Music that gets you through those gauntlet missions

youtube.com/watch?v=PRLUiZ6VB38

You want CCD to be 15%, so it's 20% at full familiarity. I don't really rate weaken melee weapons, the way I see it if you get hit a measley few % won't mean a whole lot either you die in one hit or your HP is chunked hard anyway. I'd prefer armour weakening, I go with torso thoug I'm not actually sure how it works in PvE, i do know it lowers defence. Killing blow is always handy, but for axes I would probably go for something that boosts ki damage, I forget if there is one that boosts damage when out of ki too that's good for axes, it might be a set bonus though. Just so you can really shred human enemies the turtle up. Familiarity and CTA are both good enough and it's not worth korean farming for AA over A or A+. I have wind +26 on a kusarigama so maybe that could be improved too or +20 might be the limit for that axe, I'm not too sure.

What you could do is backup your save to ps+ or USB, then just reforge the fuck out of all slots with divine fragments and see what is available. when you get a list of good effects you like reload the save and reforge again for them all with umbracite, if it takes too many resources, savescum again.

weaken melee weapons is absolutely necessary, its not JUST a measly few %, its over 50%

weaken "armor part" ONLY works on human enemies

it procs on all enemies and was lead to believe it does lower defences for all of them. either way there are tons of human enemies it's handy for. There are more dangerous human enemies, especialyl bosses, than there are yokai.

there is already wind damage on the axe, so when wind is applied so would the weakening. if that was the case I would much rather stack say water and weaken torso so you could pump out as much damage as possible. most builds in wotw are effectively glass cannons anyway. I'd much rather put an enemy down quickly by lowering the defences, then prolonging the fights so they don't hit me as hard.

wind stacks on weaken melee weapons stacks on divgorate which makes you tank anything

and neglecting your defenses meaning that ONE hit means a lot of retries means longer "fights"

eh once you get a few ethereal good pieces in wotw you can survive a lot of the one hits without applying any attack debuffs to enemies. debuffs don't last long so you need to capitalise on them where possible. I'd rather kite around avoiding damage and go for a big defence debuff right before the big combo, vs devigorate and know the boss won't hit me as hard, if they hit me, for the next few seconds. I'm not saying your wrong or it's a bad setup though because like you said stacking attack debuffs would essentially remove all danger from getting hit. but if it takes 15 combos to kill a boss with attack debuffs and only 5 if you stack defence debuffs I'd rather risk the 5.

the debuff of weaken armor part vs weaken melee weapons is way to large

stacking just that and devigorate allows me to outright tank anything in late game

which works well for me spamming moonlit snow

also leeching is the only attack buff I need

>killed Yukimura over a span of 2 days worth of farming
>still no ethereal spear with an open slot for inheritable
Looking for a million ochoko cups.

I get most of mine from pvp

No, I want his great chidori spear. I don't even think a revenant with full slots for it exists.

>yukimura's set enhances trust attacks
>some of the best spear moves arent thrust at all
?

Has anyone else got a sepcific build just for umi-bozo? I like helping people do this mission on wise I've got a bunch of fire boosting stuff and I just spam iga bombs at it. Apparently you can make some absolute beast fire cannons and rifles though. I'm not sure about the omnyo either.

something with fire

Those wheelmonk masks rip him apart.

even in WoTW?

Haven't tried in WoTW.

they do much less damage than a ninjutsu build does with iga bombs and bombs don't leave you wide open for a long. even if you used all 15 you can carry at once you wouldn't be near killing umi I tried it just then. I'm waiting to help somone else so I can try burning oil jars. I did umi just now and instead of jumping onto the platform it went way underwater and stayed there so I just dropped bombs on its head.

I should have farmed Twilight Missions on Wise from the beginning. I just around 3 Tsukuhyomi (or whataever, the Omnyo set) a Sarutobi's Tonfa and a bunch of stuff from one go.

Gonna keep at it for a while, and you were all right, heavy gear is worth the investment for a while. I'll forge or SN the Gotta Go Fast set once I'm there.

Wish there were more bosses though.

>get the ethereal drop I want
>not 7 slot
>if it's 7 slot it's a set bonus I don't want
>if it's a set bonus I want all slots are taken and it can't receive inheritables

I've already ordered my helium tank.

Haven't been keeping up whats the general opinion on the tonfas? Is the tonfa gun modifier worth a slot? It looks cool and all but it doesn't seem all too practical against bosses outside of Earth stance Heavy -> Light combo ender

>caring about 7 stats when all the new stats are shit

Why are you people having so much trouble with ethereals farming? I have over 500 right now nearly every set all the grace stuff. Starting to sell my ethereals because I don't have enough space for the trash ethereals

>tfw at work all day and only up to Kinki region
At least I got an ethereal tengu-kiri, but damn you guys farming endgame WotW? Teach me your ways

>STILL no additional item quickbar slots
How the fuck am i supposed to use all this shit?
I already moved suppa and catwalking from quickbar and activate them via item menu but the further i go the more shit gets piled up and there's just not enough slots to use it all.

>Haven't been keeping up whats the general opinion on the tonfas?
Trash, easily the worst weapon type in the game and i don't know what their designer has been smoking while making them.
>extremely mediocre normal attacks, low stance is awful damage-wise, high stance is highly inaccurate for a weapon type that is supposed to be used close and personal
>AWFUL specials (slowest kick in the game, uppercut that is just a way shittier odachi move, massive multihit that does no damage, only one high stance distance closing move is good for something)
>demon dance pulverize is the only interesting gimmick it has going on for it but it deals pathetic damage compared to any actually good DPS moves in the game and on later difficulties it's like trying to destroy a wall by hitting it with your head
>both mystic arts are good but weapon just sucks too much and should've had at least one of them (damage increase from multihit moves) by default
I'd say they are as awkward as 2kat but with worse DPS than a fucking spear.

>not using the secret two player gesture glitch to get doubledrops from revs

>needing to farm revenants for ethereals

lul

>I wait for something with a starred skill to show up?
yes you wait until skill for lumber chop or the skill for hold triangle in lowstance appears

>the debuff of weaken armor part
how is that supposed to help tanking

Bump for axes

Is it normal to get 2-shot by the oni in the first cave level. I feel like the only way to kill them is to be way safer than should be needed.

No it's not, git gud, both yoki and cyclops are easy to evade and punish on any difficulty

If you perform a high stance attack and aim it well, you can break a Yoki's horns which'll drain his Ki and leave him vulnerable to a killing blow. Shoot a cyclops in his eye for a similar effect. Both are vulnerable to elemental status effects too.

>Shoot a cyclops in his eye for a similar effect.
or just bait its ground poind and hit the head
or keep dodging behind because they cannot do crap about it outside of wotw and barely can do anything there

>soulsbabs autists would even use harakiri knife over earthfolding talisman because of their autistic talisman hate
Sometimes i wish they won't continue the series past Demons

what does souls have to do with nioh

soulbabs play nioh because it's similar and bring their shitty attitude with them

>autistic talisman hate

Care to explain? What's this sudden stigma against talismans? Travel amulets are common and cheap.

Old souls meme about anything but using weapon being cheap

Are those duration boosts on gloves and talismans worth shit? Kekkai lasts too little.

holy shit ogress actually gets a buff if you use weakness on her no fucking wonder she takes so much damage. It would be nice if they actually explained the ten million status effects the new enemies get.

Why does this fuck look like Mitsunari?
This is actually a pretty common buff so you have to look your damage values with every boss

What the fuck? Can I not quit from the game when I'm visiting?

I have Duration B or B+ for Sloth, Rejuvenation, and Earth Talisman. It is very noticeable. Roughly 33% to 40% more uptime on buffs. My Kekkai will run out and Rejuvenation will have over a quarter left to go.

I mostly use Earth Talisman since Raging Bull and my weapon trait stack Earth damage for a nice boost. It seems to last roughly 50% longer. The bar has a very slow burn and feels like it lasts for ages.

I can't say much for Sloth, it certainly lasts longer but I never knew how long it originally lasted. It's one I always keep on me for big enemy double trouble moments.

Overall, I say it is worth getting if you have a certain talisman or two that you use often.

>struggling to do hyakki yagyo on WotW
>have ninja but only for the spiders use kusarigama mainly
>huge health pools, even buffed hits to their back only does a few thousands
>change nothing on my build geared for ninja, but equip extraction talisman and use LW
>beat it first go with bat spirit absolutely shred them

looks like I'm doing a LW build then, that was disgustingly overpowered and I don't know how I went so long without trying it. I can only imagine what a properly made critical build could do. Ninja doesn't exactly want for damage on the majority of enemies even in WotW it was just this mission particular has a few damage sponge bosses ina row.

>Unlike every other Guardian Spirit being an animal associated with nature or divinity, Nurarihyon is a straight-up Yokai, and the most powerful and influential one known to man. Unlike other yokai, Nurarihyon is firmly allied with humanity, and in Japanese myth, is still a polite being even when pulling the mischief yokai are known for.

>This rather benign image belies its true nature as an incredibly powerful yokai, and is even called "the Supreme Commander of All Monsters". Its presence is such that all yokai listen to the Nurarihyon's every word with respect and treat him has their leader.

No wonder he kicks ass

>Earth Talisman
those seem to be affected by extended elemental effect

does the blind effect even do anything for yokai or it's for humans only?

Is it even possible to use travel talismans in the coop?

How much of range yokai incense has and does the effect move with you or stays?

It's a status effect that just increases aggro range. I use it with Living Weapon and a few 'surrounded' bonuses to melt more enemies

that's kinda lame desu, shell still seems to be better

What does everlasting ki do?

A chance of not going to no ki mode when you deplete it
You can see descriptions if you press options key in equip menu.

Interesting. Thanks. I kinda want to get it to 100% to see what's it like.

Pretty sure you can't because i only saw it rolling on 2 armor pieces and never higher than around 30%

you can inherit it

Get it on legs and boots and then get Yukimura set bonus and it goes already over 100%.

Like 1 in 4 WotW hosts that summon seem to think I'm an NPC. They just summon run straight off and start summoning revenants. What the fuck is happening this WotSamurai shit. What kind of dickhead gets to WotW and still can't farm revenants quickly on their own.

that's what you have the shell for
still don't get why people bother with revs in wotw, the drop rates are atrocious and rewards are barely worth it, it physically hurts seeing all those revs with tatenashi and monohoshizao and getting fucking fragments stop i already have thousands of these.

Did they put any shitty buffs on gashadokuro or it's still easymode?

Those work as well, but I prefer to use other spirits besides Tengen Kujaku.

The buff says outright that it specifically extends that spell. It's a big difference in extension. I haven't tried stacking it with Tengen Kujaku, but if it does it would last incredibly long.

Spirits also have a buff in the bottom space and it can be extend effect as well. Mizuchi definitely has around 20, there are other spirits with it as well.

He's kind of spongey and everything will oneshot you. It seemed to do his twirl a lot more when I was killing it.

I don't think the droprates are that bad when you know what you are after. If you know for a fact people have dropped a certain piece or set it's one thing. But blindly killing revs all over with only partial sets is just stupid. What are they even looking for? At the moment it's such a shitty dice roll getting ethereals that match you shouldn't even farm, just play WotW and if you happen to get a set try it out. But trying to farm 7 pieces of the the same set is fucking awful. I've been mainlining this DLC since it came out and have kept every single ethereal I've found and I still only have 3 complete sets of grace. Not to mention even if you do get a piece from revs you want, the cost and fuck around involved in bringing that up to at least +25 is huge.

Yeah, certain elemental pairs also extend elemental effects into the 15% to 20% range depending on what level those spirits are.

Are all of the guardian spirits based on spirits from real folklore or are someof them like Saoirse made up for the game?

>What are they even looking for?
Probably anything useful, i did get an ethereal warrior monk hood off the rev yesterday

Anyone remembers what heavy armor the revenant at hino's hot spring wears?

Hino's hot spring?

N-N-NANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

All of them are based on real stuff.

Oh shiiit

If only we knew what the status effects actually did

Everything except Atlas Bear. Yasuke should have had an African spirit like Anasansi.

>there a people in this very general actually using swallowtail over pirate armor

I dont expect the japs to really care about african "culture" very much

Missing out on 10% luck isn't worth using a shitty clan and shite armor.

Still, he was historically a slave brought from Africa. I was kinda disappointed that he only showed up for a boss fight. I was expecting him to be Wirriam-sama's rival throughout the game as another western samurai.

infinite ki is one of them
so is knockdown immunity

it might've been more of a thing if William came earlier but nobunaga is too busy being dead