How much does it cost to get a driving license in your country?

How much does it cost to get a driving license in your country?

In Portugal it can go up to 600€ depending on the city

cca $500 but it depends on the school and location
t.croatia

$110

t. Canacuck

around 3000$
God bless Norway

For the price, does that include a car??

The actual theory exam is like 30 eurobucks and the driving exam is like 100.
Lessons are where shit gets really expensive, you'll probably spend upwards of 800 on that.

Car: It cost me 1310 euros which were 25 lessons, 1 written exam (electronic lel), 1 driving exam and the books for the written exam.
I've heard various numbers from classmates from around 1500-3000 euros if they need 4-5 attempts. The highest I've heard do far is 6700 with 70 lessons so far and too much exams to count. Netherlandistan

Bike: 20 lessons total, 2 exams 1 for handling on a closed course and 1 road exam plus the writen exam, 1150ish

I've seen from 300 to 600 yuros
Motorcycle license is around 250-400 or so

I hear they actually teach you how to drive in various road conditions instead of driving around the block a few times and you're good

that's fucking expensive!

in a close circuit?

$2300 for mine, but I have heard some horror stories of nearly $4000 inside Oslo

so long ago in tx, you pass written an driving with cop, you get license.

Car + bike license (any cc bike) costed me about 700 US dolars, on a kind of above average driving school. cheaper ones must cost about ~500 - 600 dolars.

$70 for a class A in Tennessee.

Pacific northwest fag here, a license before 18 costs ~$600 for classes and then $100 for the license. After 18, you only need to pass the driver's test which is like $40 and then go buy the license which is $100.

>tfw tractorlet

Jesus did your school not offer a course?

South East Asia
US$10

Atleast it was included with the BE... I mean, I'm restricted to 25 ton total combied weight of tractor + trailer, but it still allows me to pull a decent sized load, and drive any tractor with any equipment that isn't a big trailer

my license doesn't even have the placeholder, weird
thought these were standard across europe

about three fiddy

Under a hundred dollars if you aren't retarded
God I'm glad to live in the USA
I can't imagine spending THOUSANDS on getting a license

I paid around 1000€ a long time ago with all medical checks and theoretical and practical lessons and exams, but today it's supposedly a bit higher, up to 2000€ in some regions of Germany.

>tfw still have a non-expiring license
>tfw the fucking EU will make it expire in 2032 anyway

Driving school in Europe usually provides its own cars, if only for additional mirrors and passenger side emergency pedals. All you need is a functioning brain and body, and you'll actually know how to drive halfway decent in the end, not just have a card saying you do.

Bit weird because German tractor classes are limited by speed, not by weight. Never stepped a foot into a tractor in my life, but with my car license I've gained the permission to drive tractors and work machines with a top speed of 40 kph, and tractors and work machines with trailers with a top speed of 25 kph, all with a weight limit of 40 tonnes.

With all the well educated and competent drivers on the roads, insurance rates should be dirt cheap. Right?

Here its both... relatively complicated system with a few too many. My 144 code allows me 25 ton total weight & up to 50kph

With the normal license you can drive any tractor with any trailer (as long as the weight is within the tractor & trailers legal limit", and the speed is restricted to 40.

If you take the T-license at 16 you're restricted to 25 ton and 40kph until you've had the license for two years. Same applies if you get it at 18; two years experience needed. When you reach 21 the weight-restriction falls away no matter how short you've had the license

From there on its speed thats the deciding factor. To be allowed to drive with higher speed tractors (over 40kph) you'll need to have a car license, light truck license, or a semi license, each dependent on the total allowed weight of the tractor

If you want to drive a high-speed tractor AND pull a trailer behind it you'll need the same licenses above, but the extended-versions that has to do with pulling trailers

Here in the US it costs your allegiance to be drafted to war if need be. Sucks

Why is Mr bean in my literal fucking zip code

It does obviously, modern af Bimmer with 6 gears

I started on a forest gravel road for the first hour then went driving on the main to get to mountain gravel roads for like 3 hours and then proper town driving.
t. never driven before

bike license is the same price

I've found them a bit lower than in North America actually. I'm paying about fifty bucks a month on my 2008 Toyota for partial comprehensive meaning pretty much anything that's not directly my fault, including vandalism, theft, fire, weather, flooding and animal collisions, and of course damage to others with 100 million euros coverage.

it varies because you HAVE to go to driving school but every school here charges the max because they can

so about 800-900 bucks

quebec, canada

$20 to take the driving test but most of the drivers here act like they ended up paying $300

fuck, here you can BUY a driving license, delivered to your doorstep and no questions asked, for that price

I hope you dont see that as a good thing

In California I got driver's ed on a groupon for like $40 and the behind the wheel was about $300. I don't remember what the fees were but it cost me $35 to renew my license.

about $150, welcome to Ontario, where the bar to get a licence is so low the insurance rates rape your bank account.

It's a good indictstion of how retarded it is in the rest of the world

Low as 50 bucks in California

32 bucks if you don't want to donate your organs if you become a vegetable. or you can save 2 bucks and let them harvest your guts.

>thanks California!