My fucking transmission blew out after 175,000 miles on my 07 corolla beater. I paid 5...

My fucking transmission blew out after 175,000 miles on my 07 corolla beater. I paid 5,500 for it a few years back so it isn't worth replacing the transmission I'm just gonna scrap it.

I guess I'm gonna get something new because my local used scene is absolute trash with used 100,000 mile cars going for $12k+

I've got about $15k to maybe $17k and I want something manual. What '17 model base cars am I looking at in that price range? US, East Coast. Southern WV, specifically but I don't mind driving to Columbus or something for a good deal. I'm not really all that into cars as a hobby so I thought you guys might be able to help me out. I'm not asking for anyone to find the exact car I want to buy and call the dealership for me, but if you don't mind I'd really appreciate some recommendations and options. I did a little bit of research on the '17 kia forte because a dealership has a good deal on it but it isn't a manual so I'm not going to bother.

Where do you live where a basic used car is 12k??

i fell for the bait so you dont have to

You ain't gonna get anything good that's new with 17k. You'll need at least 19k for a base civic or mazda3

Id get a few year old buick regal 2.0T. The 2.0T is available with a good auto or manual transmission. The other regal has a shit auto.

Second biggest city in the state, population is only 50,000 so the market is a disaster. Like I said, I don't mind driving a bit but if I was driving for a used it would have to be in damn good shape with less than 20,000 or 30,000 miles for what I'm willing to shell out. There are cars around for 6-10k but they are absolute pieces of shit that will barely last two years without a major failure, they all need new tires and are automatic.

Wanting a manual transmission is the biggest issue with finding a used car in my area, everything is automatic and everything manual has rotted on the lot or is way too overpriced.

Let's say I could swing 19k with 6k down and 0%. What are some reasons that I should go with either of those cars? Like I said I don't really know much about cars I have other hobbies and never got into them.

Reliability and both the Mazda and civic are pretty fun to drive, especially in manual. Go test drive them, even my non car friends think they are fun.

I've been calling around and I can't even find one in manual to test drive. Either the mazda 3 or the civic are both impossible to find in a manual near me, every dealership I call wants to order them in and won't order them if I'm not willing to buy before I try. I guess I could try the automatic version and it wouldn't be all that much different, right?

Just test drive the auto, the manual will just be more fun and cheaper.

Transmission failure on a Toyota before 500k miles ?

just fix the corolla faggot.

Obligatory

>Second biggest city in the state, population is only 50,000
Are you in Fairbanks, Alaska? I think I remember hearing that statistic when I was there.

He said everything already

thread closed I bought a mazda3 standard transmission '17 for $16k

decidedly not worth a new transmission

>A hook can be placed through a small fish or grasshopper without killing it. The distressed movement of the bait will attract fish.
Lol. Also trips checked.

Good job, the mazda is a lot better than the civic.

>a 1000 dollar transmission repair is too much so he bought a brand new Mazda for 16000
Uhhh

it isn't too much, it just isn't worth putting $1,000 (conservative in this area where barely anyone works on manuals and it needs other things too like a new clutch, a bit of body work, new brakes etc) into an 11 year old car with 170,000 miles

Was the 1000 in sales tax you donated to the government worth It? And theres no excuse of having a conservative area and no one knows how to work on manuals that's the lamest bullshit excuse I've ever heard. Any shop worth a damn could swap a transmission and put in a new clutch. Hell you could even get some Mexicans to do it for cheap.

You care an amazingly large amount about someone else's money, neckbeard.

Anyway enjoy your car, they're pretty zippy for what they are.