/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #852 - Hesse edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Mania OST - Stardust Speedway Zone Act 1
youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5iLGWqg4M

Sonic Mania OST - Special Stage ("Dimension Heist")
youtube.com/watch?v=OLcblxrrE0Q

Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

>General Interest Links

I wish Sonic was real and my friend.

Friendly reminder that Bimbo Sally is canon.

daily remider that bubsy will be better than forces and mania conbined

Does anyone here write? I'd love to read something.

I'm trying to again.

Sonic is slower than Shadow

Me too. I want a good Boom fanfic.

Read this post, then.

I like that cover art.

Quick, someone give me a good idea for a Sonic fic. Preferably with smut potential.

rouge suduces amy

>stock art sonic
>aosth robotnik
>satam's sally and swatbot
fucking outstanding

Rouge making the Spider Troupe guys feel better after being gassed and almost eaten by Eclipse and his darklings.

If I liked the Advance and Rush games would I like Sonic 4?

There was this one really good fic called "Alternate Reality", where Shadow goes to another universe.

What happened to that blind sonic fic that user was writing a year ago?

I really enjoyed reading it.

eggman makes a eggwoman robot becuas he is lonely

When will it be our turn?

The one fanfiction I want over anything else and it's literally never happened, is what happened fully in the Year that Sonic was lost in Space in the Archie comic. There was a lot of vague things said, but no depth and I want to sink my teeth in that depth.

Sonic 4 has rush style physics, but no boost to let you ignore them.
The level design is also really bad. Even worse than the worst Advance 3 shits out.
I don't think liking either of those would incline you towards liking sonic 4.

Eggman would make another Eggman, not even female. He is ego is a black hole.

Sonic 4 is a clear step below.

hopefully never since FEW looks like ass and it would be an awful game format for sonic

i'd rather they made a good actual sonic game instead

Reminder to not do what Sonic does, don't even try

Second

If it was anything remotely like that it'd be nothing but Sonic, Classic, maybe Boom and a CaC.

I'm thinking of writing a simple fic that goes into Tails' backstory. It'd be an alternate take since nothing's concrete other than "he got bullied".

do you want two old men haveing sex or an old man and an old woman having sex

Sonic and Sally accidentally lock themselves in a maintenance closet on the Sky Patrol after Sonic does something reckless and causes the FFs to lose out on what could've been useful Eggman Empire data.

Neither

There were a lot of things in both continuities that would make for excellent fic material, and that has to be one of the biggest ones. Another one being semi-related, covering what the hell Antoine went through on Moebius in that year.

well what do you think egg man should yoke?

Eggman Warriors, yadayadayada

Anyone knows if there's any mobianxhuman fic?

>tfw disucing fan fics of sonic charicters during REAL ECHIDNA HOURS

I need it so badly.

Rouge seducing Amy sounds like a fun idea.

Now do I make it mushy and gay as fuck or do I make it like 90% smut?

write one

I would say 70% smut, 30% mushy.

90% SMUTmake amy reluctent at first tho

[spolier]I'm not even a shitty writer, but I guess I'll have to do it, since those fics are non-existent

>[spolier]I'm not even a shitty writer

post it here when your done lad

Haha, sorry. I meant, I'm not a literary guy.

Let me see what I can do.

I gotta admit I'm a sucker for mushy lovey bullshit, but I'll try to keep that sort of thing out for the sake of the people. 85% smut. That's a good ratio right there. I think.

i'd make it 80% smut

are there any sonic visual novels?

The thing with with a human x mobian story is how to naturally show the differences between both species, instead of telling.
Don't know if I make sense.

honestly you really just write it like a size difference scene because that's all it is.

how would one with sonic work? would his dangus just magicly come out?

But the blob feet.

>exactly two weeks until Mania

FUCK

I want to know if the Collector's Edition will ship before it comes out or not. I need to know how long to stay off the internet.

pretend they arn't there
bubsy will be better i cant wait too user

Bubsy's game will probably be decent.

The hype is becoming great and I'm not even that much of a Sonic fan. Shit looks good.

/bubsythebobcatgeneral/ when?

>Play Hyrule Warriors
>It's okay, just another Warriors game, nothing special
>Nintendofags can't stop telling me how its the best warriors game that ever came out

I hope we never become that desperate.

Not exactly counting down the days here, but I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

In all honesty, between Crash, Mania, Forces, Mario Odyssey & the possibility of Bubsy being good, this is looking to be a good year for platforming franchises from the 80s-90s.

Would be there enough material to make it last? Bubsy had his fifteen minutes of fame in late 90s and then disappeared, to be resurrected as an ironic meme that businessmen are using to cash in nostalgic pandering.

Ima go to sleep. When i wake up i better have a fan fic to jack it too.

just you wait bubsy will become the new sonic with every second game being ok or shit

Bubsy did that after the second original game.

people here already are, they're excited for Forces.

They probably haven't played many.

The idea isn't a total loss. Instead of making yet another Warriors game, they could just make a combat-oriented 3D platformer, like Heroes but with better controls and more depth. I know musou games generally aren't that deep, but the addition of platforming and physics could make for something really special.

user, don't start

this is a sonic thread user
we started in 1991

Sonic was a mistake

Random question, does anyone think that the Bem's De-roboticizer could turn NICOLE into a flesh and blood mobian if she was placed into a robotic Lynx body just like hers?

You were a mistake.

That's not nice

I want to ride the storm.

Sonic Inflation Adventure

fun is infinite, changing is for the better

What is the purpose of loops in Sonic games? What is the thought process behind the game design?

is that what it takes to be infinite?

goan fast
You're probably too young to have a concept of what was exciting in a video game over 25 years ago.

what if I told you I had access to the Archie FTP and found all of Overdrive just sitting there

I'd tell you to post it

I'd call you liar and wait for an excuse to not post any of it.

>"All of you ungrateful humans, who took everything away from me, will feel my loss, and despair!"

Jesus... did anyone get chills during this cutscene?

zzzz........

what if I'm a sadist and get off on depriving people of happiness

If you had it you'd post it, but thanks for trying to liven up the ever dead /sthg/ nights

It just reinforces the ideology of the original games, after the transition to the city.

Human's are the bad guys.

Then you'll be called a dick & people will just wait for Heese to leak it and move on.

What do you think is, numb nuts.

that looks like a doujin cover

A Sonics

gonna sleep

not something that hasn't been shared already, stop getting mad nobody is taking your bait dude.

Quickie Zazz. He's strangely hard to draw.

Good shit, Yoto

I'M GANNA
MESS
YOU
UP

"Go to hell"- Zazz (Japanese Dub)
Nice drawing Yoto

Sonic stop eating your arms.

Is there even a Collector's Edition available for PC in the UK?

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.