I just bought a 2003 Ford Expedition XLT with 211k miles for $1,700 (pic related is from Google, mine is black)

I just bought a 2003 Ford Expedition XLT with 211k miles for $1,700 (pic related is from Google, mine is black).

How did I do Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/d/1997-mazda-mx6/6448625678.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not a bad vehicle but the mileage is pretty high. 4x4? V8?

4x2 4.6L V8 unfortunately.

It's the XLT Popular trim.

Congratulations,

You bought a boring car.

Different strokes for different folks, I like SUVs.

I still have $1,200 left, maybe I'll buy something fun next.

My family has had three of them. They are pretty reliable up to 200k. Then shit starts going bad. Coil packs rear ends trans. Good suvs in general though.

Hey man, if you've got 1200 you could buy a 500 dollar shitbox project and put some money into it. Since you already have a daily.

I know just the car.

fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/d/1997-mazda-mx6/6448625678.html

His wife sounds reasonable

Please be aware of the Fuel pump. These year models have bad fuel pumps unless it's been replaced already.

Most fail-prone components were replaced after reaching 200k miles, I read about them before making my decision.

The transmission is probably going to explode before 230k

Personally I'd use that $1200 to fix any broken shit on it to make it a more reliable/more comfortable daily.

man you got a 03 huh?

arent those the 3v tritons which are even more shit than the 2v ones?

Please explain

You are right, I'll probably keep saving for a rainy day.

>fort myers
glad I no longer live there but the CL tends to have more old cars babied by old fucks

I just got an 01 Suburban 5.3 for $2k.

It is super clean, leather, heated seats, third row seating. Not worried about the mileage since I daily a motorcycle. It has room to go camping/expeditions, strong enough to tow, and big enough for the senpai.

Feels like a tank. And driving it around LA isn't so bad. I tend not to drive to areas with small streets or limited parking, so I'm fine.

Terrible, transmission is going to explode any day now. I’m not kidding. Stupid fuck.

>LA

That’s why you got the pig for 2k lol but congrats

What if it got replaced already, stupid fuck.

Sweet truck m8.