It's hard to drift a muscle car

>it's hard to drift a muscle car

Is he right

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-YKuNraTe9Y?t=1m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=NqtbaQL8K9Y&t=299s
youtube.com/watch?v=2eno46ooYm0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who? Also the quote is vague and thus both right and wrong. Longish wheelbase, plenty lf steering angle, good suspension geometry, power, shedload more things all factor into what makes a car easy to drift and there's obviously muscle cars that do and do not meet those requirements.

So all modern muscles are impossible to drift ? He's right ?

Where the fuck did you pull that out of what I just said? Who is "he"?

What a stupid thread

Based. How can I do this?

No

youtu.be/-YKuNraTe9Y?t=1m30s

Be a Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=NqtbaQL8K9Y&t=299s

Easy to get the back end sliding, not too bad to recover it, nearly impossible to hold and finely adjust/transition. The wallowy suspension and heavy weight takes a lot of feel away from the car, making it much harder to control in a drift.

>Rear wheel drive
>Lots of raw power
>Easy to break tire grip
>Lots of weight to swing around

Why wouldn't they be able to drift?

You know it's funny you bring this up
>lots of weight to swing around
I actually find this a lot harder to actually drift with a heavy car than a little car, as little weight on the rear wheels is best imo

Its old, it has leaf springs, has bodyroll, steering ratio is usually wide, etc.
Id say its more difficult than something more modern but its still rwd with torque
youtube.com/watch?v=2eno46ooYm0

Fucking awesome

that's why auscunts love making their utes go sideways, the 75/25 weight distribution helps a lot.

why don't more people drift trucks?

>decent power
>no weight over the rear wheels so its really easy to control

some people say its because you can't really drift at high speeds on a truck, but i think that's just people being fucking pussies on how sketchy it is.

This, I can flick the rear end out on my Falcon ute so easy because the rear wheels have barely any weight keeping them on the ground

High cog, leaf spring as control arm means axle steer is a big issue.

You tell me.

Light pickups from the 70s and early 80s are great for drifting.

What are utes made for m8? I literally don't see aNY other reason for them existing.
>TFW driving behind a Maloo yesterday omw home from work
>sounds angelic, but can't keep my eyes off the undercarriage
>like, 10cm tops, spacing between undercarriage and the road
These things are most certainly not haulers. Hell I don't know how people even drive them or any other lowered cars on Australian roads. Even our inner city roads are shit canned.

Hell, I drive an R33 at stock height and I nearly bottom out of particularly bad roads.

i used to drift my LS1 Fbody all the time. the car just wanted to drift naturally. Full throttle and FULL WHEEL LOCK. cant get any more angle without extended tie rods drifting

on fucking 275/40/zr17 tires also

Shit suspension, shit chassis. Though modern muscle doesn't have that problem any more.

>hurrr durr turn the wheel and floor it

typical cant drive fucking mustang faggot. making all domestic muscle car owners look bad

>has never drove a 2nd gen firebird with a 400ci pontiac

old muscle cars were made for drifting you fucking soy boys

Utes date back to the 30s as light duty vehicles that farmers could take to church on Sunday and haul a pig to market on Monday.
They gradually evolved to low-slung muscle sleds after traditional light pick ups took over farm duties.

Push the gas pedal a little

my thought exactly, a guy in my autocross group runs with an old chevy s10 with no bed attached. he hoons it like a maniac, and makes a hell of a show everytime.

>Driving fast through a residential neighborhood while you have shit technique

I hope this dumbass died

Jesus I've never seen more understeer in my life.

Yes thank you captain braindead, it was a joke.

>GTAIVdrving.webm

inaccurate, it didn't tilt 40 degrees on its suspension trying to turn

You can drift any car, it just depends on your skill and technique.

if that was an Audi impersonation contest, it won