ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/39

> Previous Thread

> Next Demo Day 16 itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16
> Play Demo Day 15 itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-15
> Play AGDG games on Steam homph.com/steam/

> Helpful links
Fanart and stuff: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6j4pcv3V-vfb3hKSlhRRzlLbFE
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627 (embed)

> Previous Demo Days pastebin.com/JqsQerui (embed)
> Previous Jams pastebin.com/jAByvH3V (embed)

> Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org
UE4: unrealengine.com
Unity: unity3d.com

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com

> Free audio
fantasymusica.org
freemusicarchive.org
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
ampermusic.com

> How into .webm
OBS: obsproject.com
Webm for retards: gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
ShareX: getsharex.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R1JBQMXbN2k
reddit.com/r/gameDevClassifieds/
youtube.com/watch?v=VKhpE-oNoGY
deepspacebanana.github.io/blog/shader/art/unreal engine/Wormhole-Shader-Effect
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-oriented_programming
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=R1JBQMXbN2k

You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets

reminder that refactoring is the mother of bugs

tfw you can do everything except art

idk what to name my company

Remind that writing tests makes refactoring easier.

Is it really such a crime to have more than 2 seconds worth of reading in your LD game?
Lots of people complain about it and then weren't able to progress at all in the game because they never read the instructions even. I thought that in LD i wouldn't have to pander to the lowest common denominator since those people are also devs.
also the hugbox is real
>i couldn't figure how to play your game at all but it was really good breh, god jeeerb
o-ok

reminder that brainlets literally believe this

You did it AGDG, I'll have to make a waifu in my game.

Etherpad is the most intellectual collaboration tool

Why do you have a wall of text though

You need to remember that casuals are known for their inherent laziness.

>rotate-levels of retardposting

90% of the text is a back story introduction for the game and it is completely optional, they don't have to read it, if people at least tried to scroll down they could skip it and only read the instructions.
I even edited how to play the game into the short LD page description of the game and people still don't read it.
This is really funny to me and makes me understand with AAA games treat people like idiots with the "PRESS W TO MOVE FORWARD" tutorials

Where can I commission hobby game devs.

I'm thinking of simple shit, like 1-2 week game dev competition kind of stuff, or just laying out the engine groundwork on an Unreal or Unity project.

I could almost live off of $500/month and I don't even live in a third world country.

Unreal (and I presume Unity) has a hiring section on their forums, I'm sure you could find people there.
reddit.com/r/gameDevClassifieds/

OOP is trash

There's LITERALLY nothing better than OOP. In fact I'm so sure there's nothing better than it that I'll instantly stop devving if someone makes me see light.

Show us how to change a piece of OOP code into a non-OOP code. Go on, you seem confident about yourself so it shouldn't be hard.

what are some examples of bad devs with god-awful coding?

I already know about YanfereDev and there was that other dragon game with the art that looked like it was coloured with crayons

Think you can clone something like an N64 game's engine in one month?

A lot of the people there look more experienced aka expensive than I can throw down for.

Even shitty code, I can at just re-write the game from the commission.

Uh oh, it's the Object Internet Defense Force, reporting in from India!

I remember someone in here talking about how it's almost necessary to make stupid tutorials and easy modes for ease of access in your game. You can't know if the guy who's gonna be playing your game is smart or dumb, so you have to keep these two possibilities in mind.

That said some genres are more or less impermeable to retards because of their nature.

I'm a french student. That's more than what I have every month I'm at the uni and I'm doing more than fine.

GODOT 3 WHEN
O
D
O
T

W
H
E
N

People are usually playing 20 jam games in a row, they don't care enough to read for five seconds
And this is the twitter generation, anything more than 140 characters is lost
Built in tutorials are better because fags can't skip them then complain. Go play gunkat's demo from like 2 demodays ago for a good example

>not "with"
You had one job

*trying to make a game with OOP
You shouldn't used the wrong tool for the wrong job.
A broken hammer taped to a broken spear taped to a broken brick is NOT useful at producing software

>not just "trying to make game"

>Think you can clone something like an N64 game's engine in one month?
>$500
You better be joking nigger

Where are your games? I mean, if OOP is so bad shouldn't you post your games to prove it?

>trying

I'd assume that a lot, if not most, indie games have god-awful coding.

You retards keep talking about this magical tool that's better for games than OOP but have no idea of what it is or how it works.

I said engine, not assets. Fucking PS1-era. There's not an indie-game-dev-oriented engine/kit that doesn't have at least that much functionality in a few plug'n'play packages.

engines aren't easy, and it's pointless these days to make your own engine if you want to make games

>OOP peasants unironicly thinks that just because the smartest people, the biggest and most profitable companies and its persistence through time means OOP is good.

Hahahhaha oh my sweet summer child.
I bet you are gonna say that just because the bullet replaced swords and polearms, and is now used universally means that its better than the katana next?

The problem is that you said "engine". Just because PS1 era games look like shit doesn't mean it's any easier to make a game engine, especially since you seem to be implying it would be 3D.

You're asking for something complicated, and you want it fast, and you want it to be cheap.

>gunkat
just downloaded it and first off, wasn't clear how to open the chest and now its not exactly clear how to grab this item

> success
if you use this word, or chase it - just fucking kill yourself desu

instead jus like make game, and make a game u wanna make. end of story u faggots, an if you're not homeless/starving then stop whining about money

I guarantee most of the code you write isn't actually OOP.
Most if it is probably procedural, some of it is OOP but then that's masked by other stuff like
component based design (which isn't OOP) and the more modern features of languages that are functional

>OOP kiddie has no argument either whilst i just put one up

Kind of ironic that you seem to think everybody's definition of success is making mad dosh.

I deleted the notepad
I also made the notepad

Saying "OOP is bad" is not an argument.

Okay. Now post your game made without OOP.

kind of ironic that i didnt say or imply that u pondscum

>He expects counter arguments to spawn from non-arguments

>instead jus like make game, and make a game u wanna make
You assumed that wasn't my definition of success.

No, I deleted the notepad!

Yeah! I mean components has nothing to do with the official meaning of object-oriented programming where code and functions are associated in chunks that get passed around and can be combined into bigger chunks! OOP kiddies just haven't read up.

>OOP kiddie butthurt because he never went to university
Hahhahaha oh my. Just because you didn't have a smart professor to teach you the good stuff doesn't mean you have to shitpost and get mad at superior systems.

Oh hey look, it's that same muslim image again.

As another guy said, post your game without OOP.

>professor to teach you
>muslim images
>shitting on OOP
>incapable of understanding the meaning of "argument"

>he's a mass produced pajeet codemonkey
It's all starting to become clear

>shitposter reusing his pics

I'll stop shitposting if ONE component guys show me your game since you guys should be so much faster then the guys using OOP.

Alright, so who of you superiors wants to show us how its done?
>Inb4 someone unironicly doesn't understand that Unity is object oriented (Spoiler alert, components on objects is still object oriented!)

>What is bait

No argument here

> OOP wars, again

You shitposters deserve not to make it

Fuck off, OOP isn't just "classes 'n shit". I swear, 99% of the "muhhh OOP" fags only defend it because their spaghetti code looks vaguely OOP.

If you think records and structs are OOP, then you're retarded.
OOP style classes are retarded.
Free functions are better.
If you want encapsulation, do it at the level of namespaces and modules.

tfw you can do everything except program

Lets make a deal: I'll make us the cliff and you program us jumping off it.

Hmm... All non oop'rs are nodevs... Really fires my neurons...

Team up and make game.

If I wanted to make a Paper Mario style game in Godot, do I use the 2D scripting and then transfer that to the 3d scripting or do I code everything in the 3D section?

this needs to stop.
notice how it's always the same pattern.

>Non oopr tries to associate the guy calling them out with one of their own retards
Also really fires my neurons....

So gonna post nogame again so i can continue shitposting or?

These threads are like 60% stale bait that's been repeated 800 times over. This isn't exactly unusual.

If only you guys could put as much effort into making games as you do shitposting.

The fact it isn't unusual is the reason it needs to stop.

shitposting doesn't require effort, only time

>Mfw OOP cucks think that just because the biggest companies use it means that it must be good in some way
>Mfw OOP cucks think that just because the smartest people use it means that it must be good in some way
>Mfw OOP cucks think that just because almost every single programmer in the world switched to it from other paradigms when it came means that it was in any way better
>Mfw OOP cucks think that any games are actually made using OOP

I don't get why we even let OOP cucks like Unity and UE4 devs into these generals, don't they know no games are done in those engines because they are OOP?

>Inb4 some Unity cuck doesn't understand that its infact OOP

You guys just need to go to uni and read up.

>T triggered OOP'r doesnt understand that multiple people can use the same image

Oh boy

>The fact it isn't unusual is the reason it needs to stop.
Good luck getting mods to give a fuck.

The shitposter(s) will samefag and respond to themselves if nobody else does, or loop through their folder of copypaste bait until someone responds to them.

If you come here lot you start to notice when mommy wakes up a shitposter and he enters the thread.

Reminder to ignore shitposting.
you are better than this.
ignore them completely.
thank you.

>good god what even is the point of agdg or generals? its like being stuck in an endless loop of the same shit everyday, are we here to try to find some company or people to discuss shit or what?

Mfw i told you guys id stop if a non OOP'r (who are the guys shiting on everyone) posted their game.
Mfw they havent
Mfw there's at least 2 other guys looking at the timings

>unity is OOP because because it has components
That's some advanced shitposting

youtube.com/watch?v=VKhpE-oNoGY

show me this effect in GODOT

Cool art but where's the game?

>show game
>trigger shitposter
>end up on some shit-list
Sorry not interested but good luck!

Anyway, shouldn't OOP fags post their code/games? So we can see how many of the OOP principles/paradigms they actually follow.

>Was nodev all along

Hahahhaha, go back to /g/ nodev

As I've said, it's pretty obvious, it always follows the same dumb pattern and reaction images. At this point it's almost spam

That's a great effect, I'm gonna copy it.

>he's trying to OOP with unity
>he's trying to OOP to make a game
explains why you have no game only old pictures of old women that i assume you inherited

How many cards does your trello have

Now that gogem gave his opinion in the matter I'm certain OOP is the correct choice every time.

Unity is OOP.
But OOP is good, so it doesn't matter.

How is this effect done?

deepspacebanana.github.io/blog/shader/art/unreal engine/Wormhole-Shader-Effect

>another "OOP means not having everything in one big script/class" brainlet

Daily remindee if you arent making a game engine you arent making a real game. You are just making a mod that will never sell.

Thanks user. Once Godot 3.0's new shader language is documented I'll try to recreate that effect.

The same argument could've been used to defend imperative programming back when OOP was not mainstream.

What did the living god of algorithms mean by this?

simply what everyone of sound mind in 2001 could easily see.

Did it ever occur to you that OOP doesn't really mean anything? If you wanna talk about you'll need to agree on some definition.

Think of your favorite videogame character.

What makes them appeal to you?

look at the filename in almost each of those posts

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-oriented_programming