Why are BMW's v8's cheap? the BMW 540i MMW's are pretty cheap

Why are BMW's v8's cheap? the BMW 540i MMW's are pretty cheap
it makes me think they cause a lot of issues

2018, i have set my eyes on BMW's, but i don't know what to get? im saving lots for 2018, i just want a Gangster Ride this year, What should i get? I also don't care if manual or auto

But i just want a BMW, what should i look for?

actually thread update

Why are Bmw's so cheap? give me a quick run down i just want a GANGSTER RIDE to drive slow and cruise in and look cool playing BOOM BAP new york hip hop

neglect them, they'll bankrupt you
keep up with maintenance, takes time and cash
most people aren't willing to put the time in

because they cost the amount you paid for it yearly to keep it running. I used to have an e30 I bought for 3500, put near 10gs into it before I gave up and sold it for 2500 with it needing another 3-4k in work..

Wow these things really tanked in value over the past couple of years.

I remember looking at manual M package 540i's two or three years ago and decent ones were going for $8000 - $10,000.

Now I hardly see any above $4000.

>because they cost the amount you paid for it yearly to keep it running.

Not really I've only put 2k into the 540i I've had for the last 3 years, including tires for maintence, probably another 2 grand on upgrades in suspension.

> I used to have an e30 I bought for 3500, put near 10gs into it

You got robbed or you're an idiot if even if you replaced the engine and suspension and the fuel system, you probably only come out to 3 grand.

at this point i wouldn't bother unless it's had its timing chain guides replaced already

>I just want a GANGSTER RIDE to drive slow and cruise in
Then why bother with the V8? Clapped out BMWs arent gangster anyways. Get an old clapped out Benz instead

Found the badgewhore. You are aware that people with money and brains will laugh at you?

i'll sell you my 540i for 2.4k euros

Just wait until you start hearing that little timing chain rattle when you shut it off. Or when it pops a cel for cam timing. The m62 was a mistake.

>i put $10.000 in the maintenance of an E30
nice bait

they're expensive to maintain. the 2003 540i M sport is worth much more than the other e39 models though, except for m5 obviously.

My dad drives an e60 545i
At 100k he had warped valve covers, and a slipping auto transmission. It's a great car, does burnouts easily.
But he bought it used with 60k miles. So all things considered, for 40k miles so far he's spent 20k for the car, all the maintenance between now and then, and another 10k for the tranny, valve covers, and other seals. He's hoping he gets a reliable next 100k out of it.

Tell him to prepare for valvetronic failure

You sound like a nigger. BMW V8s are all haunted with Nazi ghosts and high running costs. Just finance a V6 300C and stick big rims on it.

Most people that drive BMWs don't give a shit about cars at all.

>dont care if manual or auto
get a 325i

i agree
have the same car love it
pretty shitty in the winter tho

Oh you mean the reason I have another engine sitting on a stand at this very moment, waiting for forged, and sleeved internals so I can boost to hell and back?

Roommate has one, they typically require thousands of dollars in upgrades to the cooling system etc.

His has a weird no-start issue and he can't even figure out what is causing it.

They're nice to drive but thats about it. The 540is don't age well at all.

>sleeved internals