Do you consider yourself loyal to any particular car brand?

Do you consider yourself loyal to any particular car brand?

>Toyota
>Dodge/Fiat/Jeep
>Jaguar

Most car nuts I have met are only loyal to one particular brand. What makes those brands appealing to you?

Toyota. Specifically, pre-Genesis Toyota

Which brand would you consider to be Toyota rival? And if so do you loathe it?

*Toyota's

Not loyal to any brand, only loyal to good individual cars. Every manufacturer makes shit, but every manufacturer also has its icons.

Loyal to any sub-marques? (Corvette, Mustang, etc).

Toyota and Mazda

Lotus too

Good Ol' Chevrolet

nah ive had everything except a european shitbox engine

Which is worse?

Toyota before 2005 when they killed their last good car

Mercury and Oldsmobile. I only claim loyalty to those who died early and so never had to witness the horrifying future of blob-shaped crossovers and infotainment everything that was waiting for them.

Patrician taste, user.

Let me guess, you own a lightweight, RWD, manual car from one of these companies?

I'm loyal to Toyotas for life, all my past cars have been Toyotas, except for that hand-me-down Accord I was given as a first car.

everything is shit

BMW

I'm actually the opposite, I want to drive as many different types and brands of cars as I can before I die.

GM
More specifically their engines and transmissions

Pre-MR2 death Toyota

Mazda, forever more.

Pre-2005 Nissans and Toyota.

Nissan/Datsun.

Regretfully, however, as of late I've been informed their logo is part and parcel of the corporate symbolic energy direction initiative. Saturn, specifically. It's quite obvious now, isn't it?

Do I burn my cars and go USDM?

>nigggg
They knew what they did.

Bingo.

Great looking car btw

The only right answer

No way, every brand makes good and shit, no brand has everything

VW.

Yeah fuck you.

Partially GM, for anything with a V8, and I also like their electrics. My rule of thumb with GM is if they never put a V8 in it, it's probably not worth buying. Obviously the electrics (Volt and Bolt) get a pass, and maybe the new Colorado (time will tell)

Dodge by far. They make some cool shit, but a lot of shitty shit

I just sold wheels to a dude with a 1.8t with 300k on it and a built 3.0 making 380 wheel. made me reconsider buying one

no
>everything I want and can afford just happens to be a toyota

did that car get booted or did the owner put it there to deter thieves?

Any european brand

Pre-2004 Toyota/Lexus.

Thanks, i sold her last summer.

Its to deter thieves but it does jack shit, i was able to cut through it with a handsaw in 5 minutes lol. Im getting a detachable steering wheel and hub lock.

holden because im a cuckold faggot

Mostly Fords. Had a lot of 70's fords; they're pretty damn ferd tuff if you ask me

They never made a bad car.

I don't own one though lol

Toyota, my family has had a lot of Toyota cars that have been very reliable. Also there's a Toyota factory in my city so it's done the economy good here.

could always just wire in a kill switch for the battery or fuel pump

Brand loyalty is Pontiac
Car loyalty is the Corvair

Lotus, only because my mum has had two.

>Porsche
>Mazda
>Audi
>Dodge
My taste literally ranges from objectively great to objectively awful and I don't fucking know why.

thats a tuff one. ford has never made a transmission that worked and dodge hasnt figured out how to get their vehicles to stop rusting away.

Cheyy for me. I hate Chevy/GM but Im institutionalized. I can get into any noisy GM car and know just from the sounds if its a worn sway bar bushing, failing fuel pump, bad wheel bearing, ignition key turning off in an intersection, or just a squeaky seat.

>I don't own one though lol
It shows. They've made plenty of shit.

No. Brand loyalty is kinda stinky. Stay loyal to quality, not a name. I primarily go Japanese, but there are occasional euro (typically bmw) and American competitors.

Mercedes before 2001.
Everything else is just casual shitbox.

mazda

ford has the uglier logo

Mercedes
Ford
Toyota
Volvo
Are like, my top 4 in that order.

Not really, I like a good body style, mostly. I feel confident enough in my ability to fix an older car that I don't really pay much attention to the brand.