Imagine having THIS level of dedication to keeping one specific car on the road

imagine having THIS level of dedication to keeping one specific car on the road

Other urls found in this thread:

thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678846
blog.entfallteiledienst.de/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the 'before' shot

Why not just buy THAT car and use the one you got to keep it alive?

this is what I was asking myself when I stumbled upon it.

there is literally no good justification for rebuilding that much of a car when you could have bought the junkyard car for about $1k. though, the salvage title would be a turn off.

part of what makes me sad about scrap yards
any car in there will need to decommission another car to get it running
and most old cars you see on the road will have the parts from three or four scrappers

the circle of car life, really...

i have 5 1980s Fords, but I own parts from perhaps 40 different cars, distributed between the cars and as spares in my garage.

Most yards won't sell you a complete car. Once it's there, it's there and you can only buy what fits out the door.

What Fords? Owner of an '85 f-250 here. Gotta love the 80s make-everything-square-design

did someone seriously cut the entire floor/roof out to weld it back onto theirs?

I'll do you one better than that,

this one is going back together,
thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678846

blog.entfallteiledienst.de/

who the fuck would put such a nice condition caddy in the junkyard???

Same people who just throw away a car because it's old. I've seen plenty of cars in the yard that would have been perfectly fine with a little work that absolutely did not deserve being marked for death.

For example, this Volvo that was 100% complete minus needing a windshield. Was probably owned by and old dude who let it sit and died, then whoever cleaned up his estate just saw an old car and threw it away. It's a shame.

Then this Celica that had a perfect interior, which is incredibly rare for a Texas car. Most cars get baked to death from the sun and all the plastic and tops of the seats are cracked and falling apart.

Holy fuck, that's depressing. Reminds me of when I saw this triplet come across my local yard's recent additions- someone's project went awry and they junked all three of their parts cars? Someone really liked Swedish bricks, fucking died, and the family junked their cars? So many stories we'll never know and so many cars that didn't need to die.

The bodies are all straight, all the glass is there, I haven't seen 'em in person to look underneath but I'd guarantee there's no major rust and the orange one even has the Euro spec headlights. There's no way the owner didn't care about them.

why did this guy not take the glass? fair enough it's tinted but a smashed window will fuck your interior big time if you can't find a replacement quick unless you're prepared to take it off the road

people leaving windows in always confuses me

delayed response because ironically, was out at the junkyard.

1983 Grand Marquis 2dr
1984 Town Car
1985 Country Squire
1985 Ranger
1991 Grand Marquis

Also I didn't get a picture of it but it actually pissed me off. Someone junked a 280z with absolutely no rust. The body was perfect, which is incredibly rare. Most of them have the frame rails totally rotted out and this one was spotless. It got picked clean, of course.

I wonder why nobody took those pimp rims.

Wheelcovers on steelies if you don't actually know

>though, the salvage title would be a turn off.
only if you intend to sell it.

A lot of times, cars like this tend to have a fucked up/rotted out frame or maybe they blew the engine and didnt care enough to look for a new one and maybe that was on top of everything else in the car failing and needing replacement.

I imagine cases like this, the owner just figured it was worth more to scrap it and buy another one than to fix it up peice by peice or part it out themselves.

its a nice caddy, but they arent awfully expensive to find.

funny you mention Zs actually. this one was super clean, relatively, when it went in. over the next few months it pretty much disappeared. bunch of pics to follow.

and that's the last one of this car

true, but salvage title can have other implications depending on where you live. inspections for roadworthiness, insurance declining to cover or not offering physical damage coverage...

this is another one (potato, sure) where you have to wonder if it's "worth it" to fix that much of a car.

The reality is that, eventually, that's what you'll have to do to keep these cars on the road because there won't be donor cars left. Either you take another car off the road or you put in the time and money to keep the chassis in solid shape.