My brother is a hardcore Veeky Forums user (basically a neet but no interest in anime)

>my brother is a hardcore Veeky Forums user (basically a neet but no interest in anime)
>"car guy"
>hates pretty much any car out there unless it's a early 90s BMW or JDM
>MANUAL ONLY
>try to get him to come down and try a lease return M2 at the dealership
>shoots me down for a couple weeks
>CROOKED SEATS
>POST 90s BMW LOL
>AUTOMATIC LOL
>At one point mommy needs to come down to the dealer, he doesn't have a car right now so he's with her while she does her errands
>he's walking around looking at all the cars while mommy is at the service building
>"So what do you think?" I ask him
>these cars are fuckhuge (he says that)
>tell him like I've told him a hundred times, most newer cars are increasing in size slightly, due to safety regulations being tighter
>lel (he says that too)
>we eventually arrive at the M2, less than 10,000kms on it, long beach blue
>miraculously he agrees to hop in
>I can tell immediately he is intimidated by how modern it is inside compared to his bare bones 90s cars
>he's flicking with the buttons and knobs, gives a "i guess i'll admit it's nice inside" comment
>tell him to take it for a test drive
>he starts getting nervous
>"n-nah... it's so new... probably drives like shit... not broken in yet..."
>arrange to "inspect" the car's performance on a road test, brother in the passenger seat
>hit the freeway, floor it
>he actually grips his seat
>"w-what the fuck are you doing user!"
>basically drive like a maniac for 15 minutes
>fast forward a few weeks
>hear from mommy how he has been trying to budget/figure out how to lease a 2018 BMW or Mustang
Just kind of reminded me of some of you negative busriders.

>b-but new cars are not REAL driver's cars!

>modern BMW
>ever

Fuck that get wrx god mashun

>LARP: the post

I don't believe you

>mommy
Weirdo.

*vapes @ u*

Basically all that needed to be said.

subarus are slow as shit my 1998 is just as fast as a 2012 sti lmao

Your brother sounds a lot like mine; just instead of 90s bimmers, he’s obsessed with late 90s and early 00s weebmobiles
>currently drives a 5th gen prelewd
>talks shit on anything that is not JDM
>memeshift is GodTier in his eyes
>I point out a nice car, and he won’t even so much look at if it’s in peasant autotragic
>worships the evo 9 and surprisingly the GTR (despite it only being sold in auto)
>I buy a 135i, he laughs and calls me a libtard for driving something made in europoorland
>then he finds out an auto
>let the bants begin.wave
There’s no pleasing these people

weird that he'd shoot down an m2, even the most jaded old bmw fan can admit the 2 series is the only good modern bmw

since when did being a neet mean having interest in anime

Always

Lol, if you're a grown man watching anime there is definitely a problem.

>neet
>buys a bmw

Yeah nice story here m8

>>hates pretty much any car out there unless it's a early 90s BMW or JDM
This shows how low his low power level is. He's still learning. You should appreciate all automobiles, but new cars are shit. You should have gotten him a 90s BMW, why are you forcing new cars on him

>but new cars are shit

enjoy having your new car hacked by AI and driven into oncoming traffic.

or better yet, driven into a crowd of people, effectively framing you for mass murder without a trace.

enjoy your prison/death sentence user. welcome to the future.

this is probably the most autistic argument you could have made about modern cars. congratulations

You sound bitter. Im old as shit and have owned cars from the 60's up until my 2017. Newer cars are definitely way more comfortable, faster, and practical than my other vehicles. Having a muscle car to take it on the weekends is nice but daily driving something like that gets old fast, I had to do it for a while and the second it hits 90 degrees out you're eyeing anything that has a/c rather than the muscle car. Also, no matter what suspension you put in an older car it'll never quite rival anything newer.

Also, by newer i mean higher end cars on the spectrum not the base vehicles. Not necessarily a 100k luxury mobile but a 40k-50k new car far outclasses anything made before it.

>muh AC
I swear you are a fat fuck.

not talking about comfot factor. if it can connect to any type of wifi or cell network then im paranoid.

I've owned automatics in the past. Having driven both, if you actually enjoy driving, why do you think it's some kind of weird tic for someone to only want manual? Do you really not see any significant difference between the two?

>hates pretty much any car out there unless it's a early 90s BMW or JDM
>basically a neet

That probably explains it. Old cars are fantastic, but if you have a daily commute, there's no way on earth you can deal with an E30 for long without going completely nuts.

if youve owned a car in the 60s... you must be at least 60+.

so tell me old man. how did you find Veeky Forums and what made you keep coming back

>owned cars FROM the 60's up
somehow turned into
>if youve owned a car IN the 60s
that reading comprehension tho

>no car
>somehow trying to budget
Does he even have a job?