What is Veeky Forumss opinion on the 300zx? The one in the pic is the N/a variant

What is Veeky Forumss opinion on the 300zx? The one in the pic is the N/a variant

If I had one I would be happy

You want a Z32 with the twin turbos. It will be a bitch to maintain but it's great fun to drive. Anything else is just crusty disappointment.

Is it really that bad? And im coming from a 90hp shitbox, have never driven anything fast before

The 2+2 isn't fast or quick. In fact it probably has the same power to weight ratio as your shitbox, if not worse.

That said, they're not bad cars, just old and it'll more than likely have old car problems like rust, wiring corrosion, leaks, etc.

How hard do ye think it would be to swap in a turbo engine? Or maybe i should just keep looking. I want something to Cruise in during the summer, will keep the shitbox för dd

>not getting the best Z.

In theory it should just drop right in but if I were you I'd just keep an eye out for a turbo coupe.

I get the feeling OP isn't ready for a project of that scale, nor does he have the budget for one that's already done.

I'v made more money dicking around with these old Z's than I'v spent on my project.

Op, Look man there are like two GOOD Z cars. The S30 - 1969-1978 and the Z32- 1989-2000

The S130 gets an Honorable mention because underneath all the luxury crap there is a platform for some serious performance.

You get a z32 make it the Turbo version.. Auto or manual it don't matter... Get an s30 and look for a 1977-1978 for the future modding capability

'77 and '78 are the worst years for S30s, though.
Not only are they the heaviest but they're also the hardest to retrofit proper bumpers on.

What are you talking about? the 260z mounts work perfect.. they are the best to mod.. The trans tunnel is wider and they are setup for fuel injection.. not to mention the added weight is what makes them hold the power better without turning into a pretzel... if you remove the bumpers and emissions crap they only weight slightly more than the early cars and that added weight is in the right places.

Op here, the thing is that where i live there aren't that many Z cars at all. And since i looked up and saw that the n/a 300zx was still the fastest car to 100kmh i don't really care about the speed. I just wanna go cruising through my country and maybe down to europe this summer before i start studying.

And i like the looks, muh 80's

Wait... You are from Europe... HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAHAAHHA

C U C K...

Just get a z31, it doesn't matter what you do, life will always be shit 4 u noob

Z31 is not fast but it it's comfy and I've never seen another IRL but mine. T-tops etc. Probably would say get the turbo though.

Heavy for what it is, not fun to work on and grunt is middling, the drivetrain is pretty solid though.

>le yurocuck meme

Can we leave this in troll threads?

56%

slow and old

>How hard do ye think it would be to swap in a turbo engine?
Well they came with both turbo v-6 and rb engines. I'd swap in an RB if it was up to me. Either case it isn't as straight forward as it seems.
If you have to ask , how hard, then it's probably beyond you and you will never finish the swap.

I think the hardest part of this would be to find the engine. As stated above, i'm not in america

What this guy said, just wait to find a stock Turbo, my brother owns an n/a with an auto. Kinda slow but still fun and handles well, only issue he had is a crappy distributor cap and who ever owned it last forgot to tighten down the valve cover when they changed the gasket

Get it, ignore everyone else. The turbo is better but fuck it, you're not actually buying an old Japanese GT car to go fast by today's standards. One of my dream cars, especially with the digital dash.

Looks: Z31 > Z32
Performance: Z32 > Z31
The digital dash (if it has one) is bitchin', and it's comfortable.