Do you have more fun driving a slow car fast, or a fast car slow?

Do you have more fun driving a slow car fast, or a fast car slow?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UKqkJ3TzVqY
youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Former, fast cars are only fun when you are able to really drive them which is only really possible on race tracks.

i dont have fast cars because of the fear of death, but I take my car always to the limit and wreck them due time

Is a 99 cobra a "fast" car?
It can do 163 on the highway, probably not real speed, but it has an abysmal 13.4s quarter.

fast car slow

there is nothing more fun than taking a 90 degree turn at 40km/h in a little peugeot and anmost bodyrolling to the passenger seat

this guy gets it

Medium car medium

Fast is more fun in general, until you're fighting the car to steer correctly in the corners. It depends on skill level and the car itself. Of course, this is talking about a track. On daily driving
This is the best.

i bet you are centrist too

Slow cars are fun slow, slow cars are fun fast, you can't lose with slow cars, except in a straight line.

>driving a slow car fast, or a fast car slow?

I wish this dumb shit would leave Veeky Forums but it never will because it's the favorite line of people to justify being poor fags that can only afford base model basic bitch commuter cars. Notice it says driving a slow car fast as if to make the reader think of having a good time through the twisties in a small little fun handling car, then it turns and says a fast car slow as if you can only drive a fast car through bumper to bumper traffic and not on these same roads where the slow car was fun.

A fast car is always more fun unless for some reason you assume a fast car is some cant turn rocket ship that can only go in a straight line on the highway, which is completely false.

>A fast car is always more fun unless for some reason you assume a fast car is some cant turn rocket ship that can only go in a straight line on the highway, which is completely false.
the most fun you can have with a car as at the limits of what it can do, which is going to be harder to obtain in a proper sports car than in an entry-level one. with that said, suspension design, weight balance and so many more factors also effect how much fun you can get out of a car which means that you shouldn't buy the worst, shittiest car ever on space savers to try and get maximum fun

That's slightly faster than a stock FD

>the most fun you can have with a car as at the limits of what it can do

Nope, it's at the limits of what you the driver can do. Just because you are pushing a car to it's limits doesn't mean you are automatically having more fun. Like we cant just assume that the driver of the Evo in this video( youtu.be/UKqkJ3TzVqY ) isn't having as much fun as all the other dudes in the civics ect that he is running with just because his car was built with performance in mind. And don't get me wrong, I'm in no way saying that a slow car cant be fun or that hooning in shitboxes isn't a blast, I've owned both an Na and NB Miata as well as a 93 Ford Probe GT and loved them all so trust me I appreciate slower cars and cars that aren't built from the ground up to be track monsters. The line in general is just way too much of a sweeping generalization that is constantly used to discredit actually owning, modifying, and driving a sports car.

Yes

Fast car fast.

Lol @ shitbox sympathizers.

You guys should try driving a fast car before coming to a conclusion, it's pretty fun

>Nope, it's at the limits of what you the driver can do
The limits of what you can do have to also match up with what the car can do - ie, if you're not comfortable pushing a sports car hard because the point where the tail starts getting a bit loose and you have those little moments of 'holy shit this car is amazing' is at a point where you don't feel ready to push it to, you're probably not going to have much fun with that car despite the fact that it could potentially be the most fun you've ever had in a car.
I fully understand that a lot of people use the 'slow car fast' argument to justify their 1.2 micro hatchback being a fun experience when they haven't looked at their suspension since they bought it and pop on chinese tires, but that doesn't mean there isn't some truth to it.

step on my lawn and see what happens

I think it's pretty exhausting because you could fuck up and wipe out your life at any moment.

HOW CAN YOU BE A CENTRIST WHEN WE HAVE THE BIG ORANGE NAZI BLUMPF IN THE WHITE HOUSE TAKING AWAY OUR HEALTHCARE AND PUMPING GREENHOUSE GASSES OUT OF HIS ASS

Is 13.4 seconds 1/4 mile considered slow or decent or quick?

Depends on the weight, slow cars are only fun when they are small weightless shitboxes.

why not just put thin tires on a fast car?

youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY

Decent, faster than most but slow compared to actual quick cars. Stock modern Mustang GT's run 11's with an automatic transmission.

gross, a faggot
t. commie

>this is a bad thing

>implying you actually die, and just end up in the hospital with a charge for reckless driving and an insurance hike

I have more fun riding your mom's ass as ahrd as I can.

depends on the car
>drove a euro turbo diesel cuckwagon from Rome to/around Tuscany
>terrible at everything, engine has some power from 2500 to 3500 rpm but that's it
>not a joy to drive even on some fantastic twisty mountain roads

>daily drove an NA6 miata for 3 years
>anemic but a fantastic feeling clutch, nice throwing shifter and great pedal arrangement make it a joy to keep in the power band
>extreme but predictable body roll made the car feel fast in most slow corners
>will be buying another in the spring

mate I got a 350Z and I know
>>>fast
but it's already too capable to enjoy on public roads, I often catch myself running 75mph to get near the cars limit in 45mph zones

However I'm sure a faster car would be even more fun for those 6 track days I do a year

Apparently money can't cure autism. You should at least be able to afford a tank of helium or a rope though.

The rope comes for everyone, but it will find the commies first.

If an econobox with modern suspension can go through corners faster than an archaic leafspring pigfat "sports car", then which one is the faster car?

fast car fast > slow car fast > fast car slow

Based.

>
Yes.
>Shitbox civic hatchback
>2nd gear
>redlining
>smashing apex on left hand turn on a double lane street
Oh fuck I miss that piece of shit sometimes.

As someone who owns a literbike and an NA miata, it's really both. I can't choose.

Because of the phrasing, I like speed to speed wins. Driving a fast car slow is not driving, it's getting from A to B. Trying to control something that spins in 3rd in a rollon isn't fun, it's thrilling. Only after you're not about to die can you risk smiling.
I know what's not what the question asks, but 140km/h on my bike is just shifting into 2nd, but for my miata 4th has more or less run out and the ass starts to lift at that speed.