/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Human Chunk Loader Edition

Previous vev: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=meNg8kchook
youtube.com/watch?v=T7naPxQVqoQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Java VS Win10 version?

reposting from last thread

What are some good addons for Thaumcraft? I got Technomancy and Thaumic Energistics.

>Win10
no

just don't

hello

what?

If I just want to improve gameplay without adding new craftable items, what mods should I look into?

I'm thinking stuff like Rogue-Like Dungeon mods and stuff like that.

don't bait

is thaumcraft addons a typical bait people use here?

I'm actually enjoying that quite a bit at the moment.

It might get old as shit down the line, but I'm fairly new to it, so it's a pretty neat experience.

When you mention two of the worst addons ever made for it, yes
Get thaumic warden and thaumic potatoes to compliment them

didn't know they were so looked down on. What are some good ones then?

Reposting

>That fucking modpack [GTNH] gives me flashbacks. Is there a skyblock that requires gregtech levels of automation but excludes the bit of searching out individual veins of metal? Honestly that was the absolute worst part of GTNH. I can handle the microcrafting autism better than I can handle needing to search for hours to get one fucking copper vein.

No, but you can make your own with Gregtania and Garden of Glass

how do any of you enjoy single player?

Obligatory list time. Needs updating with more addons

Energistics is for people who are too lazy or not clever enough to set up a proper essentia system with base TC/Automagy

>DON'T PLAY WITHOUT TIER
TC Inventory Scan
TC Node Tracker
Not Enough Thaumcraft Tabs
Thaumcraft NEI plugin
*ModTweaker (+MineTweaker)

>HIGH TIER
Automagy
Gadomancy
T.Horizons (hobo version)

>GOOD TIER
Forbidden Magic
T.Tinkerer (hesitantly)(fork or GTNH one) - disable the fucking fire though
Witching Gadgets (fork) (+Travellers Gear)

>ACCEPTABLE/LESS USED BUT STILL OKAY TIER
Magia Naturalis - nice, but has its bugs
Nodal Mechanics - good for servers if nodes are sparse
T.Bases/Based (fork) (+DummyCore)
T.Exploration (fork)
T.Machina - minmaxing+lore
T.Alchemy - direction locked reverse centrifuge
T.Infusion
SymCalc

Thaumcraft Minus Thaumcraft - if you hate reeesearch
T.Sanity - unlocks eldritch via research not RNG

>OPINIONS TIER
Technomagy >technomawpc
Tainted Magic
Warp Theory (fork with configs)
Advanced Thaumaturgy 2 - WIP as fuck, but at least it's not ded

>MISC
T.Dyes - slightly upgraded dyeable armour +some completely new sets
AOBD - ore processing compat
Magical Decorations - only adds 2 items, lamp and decorative matrix
T.Utilities (fork, hesitantly, needs more testing/work) - minor tweaks, HUD fixes, nether ores
Railcraft - adds own research tab/items for magic crowbars
Magic Bees - let's face it, bees can be pretty unbalanced sometimes, and this is no exception.
TC Mob aspects - if you can be bothered to config it
Botania/Blood Magic MT aspect scripts - on curseforge somewhere

>TRASH TIER
T.Warden/T.Revelations
Everything else. Probably

Oh shit, this is more than I ever could have asked for.

>Not Enough Thaumcraft Tabs
if you have to use this, your pack is bloated

whatever happened to trainserb 2?

>muh bloat

>Warp Theory

That shit should be fucking TRASH TIER

Do I even want to know?

What's the best mod pack for building autistic contraptions at the moment? Played a shit load of technic back in the pre-release days.

Once all the console and mobile versions get server and mod support, Minecraft. Until then, Java edition.

Probably

>Research a few warp things
>random lightning starts striking you for an undisclosed amount of times
>random poison
>Research more warp things
>random withers spawn in base, blowing shit up

It's horrible bullshit.

Good farm mod that isnt overcomplcated with genetics and has useful plants? Right now I only have that cottom from Natura (why the fuck they even added barley?) and some cherries.

Also on another note, we do need a updated version of the balloon mods for 1.7.10. I know theres archimedes ships, but a more compact entity we canmake and actually has a gun to shoot things is always nice.

I'm really liking this place. I just have no idea what kind of house to build on it. I'm just wandering around the island trying to decide.

Forgot picture.

that's a peninsula user

What mapgen you using user? Also, I think something small would work better

>Seconded. PHC is the only mod I have seen that has managed to make plants lag, and upon seeing the code I can see why. I had to open its jar to add compatibility, and I saw things like accessing the Nth element in an array by iterating N times across the array.

Shhhhhhhhh

Anyway, I thinking of getting my weeb on just a tiny bit. I'm trying out the iYamato thing too, so it might be nice.

ExtraBiomes XL and Realistic Terrain Generation. I'm also using Journeymap. I think you're right about making something small, and I think I found a place I wanna make it. Does anyone have any examples of a small house with just a hint of weebiness that would fit well here?

sauce?

Some nips live in like... slightly large coffins, right?

you don't really wanna know - just google it

youtube.com/watch?v=meNg8kchook
i found this a week ago if it interests you.

I remenber loving extra biomes versions ago, but been using BoP for quite a while now, and I think using both is be way too much. Will need to see if divinerpg spawns work with the mapgen tho, and also add maricraft for the ocean biomes.

what are some mods that make singleplayer less lonely?

A Discord chat bridge?

more gameplay related
something like a population manager/city mod

Depends user, you want just pets, some useful mobs, better villagers or to waifu creepers?

Pretty sure, yeah. I also heard there's like fox girls that live in the woods or some shit.

This is pretty neat, thanks user!

Not only fox girls, but also mushroons and cows. Theres a historical mod that was made called grimoire of something, even.

Any mod for 1.7.10 that lets you enslave/tame hostile mobs?

thaumic horizons

>thaumic horizons
Fug, I was trying to leave thauncraft out of my minecraft this time, still thanks

Is this acceptable

>awoo~

You must name every single one of them now user.

I know that feel - I love a lot of items and things I can do with TC and its addons, but I feel that with it installed I use most of my time on it instead of playing with the other mods

youtube.com/watch?v=T7naPxQVqoQ

I just might. I didn't intend to get them, I broke a lucky block and it spawned all of them already tamed. I keep getting scared of them dying, but having them attack things is kind of fun.

Make a comfy house and add all the cute furniture from your weeaboo mods you don't in it for them user!

Please stay here!

Which ones do you mean? I haven't gotten too much into furniture stuff. This whole excursion was just about finding dark oak for my first house in this world.

What's the mod that generates ores in giant veins but not all chunks have ore?

Don't have many mysef, jus applmilktea. Just thought you had more weeb mods due to the awoos.

Oh it's this mod again.

What mod is that? I never remenber that golem thing.

Is anyone able to run PortalGun in 1.7.10 with the sounds working? I've been fucking with the downloads and files for four goddamn hours. I downloaded the .pak file, it doesn't work.

Alright, this time I will add Grimoire of Waifu and try to make a zoo with every single one of the monster girl mobs. I will make them slightly weaker as I am playing on hard difficulty, remove some like the hunter, and make their spawn rate rarer. Them i will use thaumarturgy to make them passive and add the mob to the zoo. I still have stuff like divine rpg, so they will not be the only things spawning in the world, and I will have more than just waifu hunting. Thoughts about the idea, and any suggestions?

holy christ what the hell happened to FTB?

has 1.11.2 fixed the shitty optimization issues of 1.10.2?

>Haven't finished building my house yet
>Walk around looking for materials
>Break a lucky block I found
>It makes a well, tells me to throw a coin in
>Do it, get 20 diamonds, 30 gold, 25 emeralds and a beacon
>Don't even have iron at the moment

o-okay

Once it gave me diamonds emeralds and gold, but I was without food and ended dying due to a mix o hunger and jumping a small hole.

Also, someone knows if realistic terrain generation fucks up divinerpg spawns?

I will try something different or once with my world. BoP with only the nether biomes, Forgotten Nature, Thauncraft enchanted forest, divine rpg dimensions and ridiculous world. Lets see what sort of clusterfuck will my world be. Now is curse stopped going down today so I could download the biome mods...

Is there a mod other than Better Than Wolves that lets me place trapdoors anywhere?

This is the first time in my time playing this game that forge microblocks has come in handy, and it feels so good.

i'm geting back into MC and i wanted to know what i should branch into after i check out how vanilla has gone

>Change from natura to forgotten nature
>more varied and fancier blocks, crystal biome is nice
>Only misses the block bushes that grew differently from trees

Dammit, I don't want to put natura back for a bunch of bushes, but I really like them

What did you do user?

Not him, but the roof of Brickfort was FMP Chisel blocks. Was a LOT easier than filling in a shitton of Carpenter slabs

>forgotten nature
>those textures
Holy fuck. Do people not know that every image editing software has a saturation slider?

They do look quite nice.

Just change them with a resource pack, they can get quite saturated, like the jacaranda who actually looks like taint or puple goop.

What is the ranged weapon tierlist in TCon or is there even? Can't make tool forge ones, javelins look stupid with their low ammo count, shotbows look meh because short, throwing knives are ok but still so little ammo...is there no other choice than crossbow?

I never got why almost every fucking pack has Tinkerer and no Horizons. Horizons is metal as all hell in the endgame while Tinkerer gets into the Ichorium shit and that OP enchanter. Gadomancy has that godawful pylon desu, should be below Horizons. Tainted Magic is disappointing because it has some good shit and terrible shit. Exploration is good except for that fucking curve ball Replicator. I never liked the spawner in Forbidden and the enchants it adds. Move Thaumic Bases to Trash, that fucking RWBY scythe is enough by itself, but all the terrible OP content screams terrible mod.

Journeymap is terrible. Massive performance hog.

> I never got why almost every fucking pack has Tinkerer and no Horizons.
Probably because Tinkerer was the first one (it even was in TC3) so it's too mainstream and always used as like an essential part of Thaumcraft
And Modpackers, especially FTB ones are really conservative about what mods they add.

Tinkerer has the benefit of having existed since TC3
>Gadomancy has that godawful pylon desu, should be below Horizons
Explain. The aura pylon?
Also >thinking mods are ranked within the tiers, not just as I remembered/looked them up
>Tainted Magic is disappointing because it has some good shit and terrible shit
Agree. Newer updates have been better as he revises things.
>TX Replicator
Good concept, could've been done better. What about it don't you like?
>FM
That's just like, your opinion, man.
>Bases
le herobrin scythe was about the second thing removed in my fork. Meme trash.
I don't disagree that some parts of the mod are funbalanced, but no-one really seems to mind it.

>IT HAS FEATURES I CAN AVOID AND SIMPLY CHOOSE NOT USE IF I DONT LIKE THEM SO IT'S LITERAL SHIT
kill yourself

>godawful pylon
you mean a more versatile vanilla beacon? how the fuck is that godawful, and how the fuck does that make the rest of the mod worse since, as the other user said, you can just choose not to build it?

what fucking drugs are you on? Exploration is fucking AWFUL, it's buggy and crash-prone as shit, doesn't justify the actual content it implements at all.

What should I use instead?

pls send help i'm dumb

>hating on thaumic based

tobacco hater detected

>unironically defending DUDE SMOKING LMAO

It's not weed though, the thaumonomicon clearly states so

Input is on the bottom of those lights.

still nothing

shit this was meant for

>user can't even get a simple lantern to turn on
Maybe it's time to uninstall and get baby's first techmod, Thermal Expansion, instead.

no
i'll either find out what fucking retarded mistake i'm doing that prevents me from wiring simple fucking lanterns or kill myself trying to

Well, let's go through the tech support 101.

1) Have you tried turning the lamp on?
2) Have you tried unplugging it, and then plugging it back in?
3) Have you made sure the generator have enough energy for the lamp?
4) Have you made sure the generator is on?
5) Have you tried reinstalling the mod?
6) Have you made sure the cable is plugged the right way?

The wire links directly to the lamp when joining it, not a connector

fuck, i wish i had killed myself trying to now
thanks user

Anyone know of a good modpack which features mainly magic mods, and also has a server with PvP/factions in it?

There used to be quite a few but I can't find a single one that's populated anymore.

This mod STILL exists?

Anybody got some 1.12 inspo to share?

I sure hope not

YOU -CANNOT- MAKE THIS SHIT UP