Abarth Help

Trying to summon A Freakin Audi or any other Abarth owner for some help.
I'm trying to trade in my FiST for an Abarth because the interior from Ford is such cancer i cant stand it. And the Abarth just seems like a lot of fun. So what are some problems you have had? If any? and how has your experiemce been so far?
Is this a good deal? I think so but also is 60k high for this car?
bellegladechevroletcadillac.com/vehicle-details/used-2013-fiat-500-abarth-3C3CFFFH1DT528543
Im also looking at a 2012 Abarth for 9,925 and has 36k miles (Pic related)
bham.craigslist.org/cto/d/2012-fiat-500-abarth/6442707585.html
But the dealership just randomly stopped contacting me which has been frustrating as I am out of country and wont be back till next week.
Either way just calling all abarth bros!
>inb4 fix it again Tony
don't be a faggot, don't like the car stay out of the thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Fiesta-ST180-X-47-340-Billet-7-Blade-Hybrid-Turbocharger_17318.jsp&pic=10
youtube.com/watch?v=8wuJXfOkT-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why you even need an Audi owner for?

because he owns an Abarth, are you new or somethin?

so you are new.

>trading in a fiesta st for a 500 abarth
>500 abarth seeming more fun
i'd encourage you to test drive it. i really like the 500 abarth and all but it has more weird compromises than the fist

For such a small vehicle it's still pigfat

I mean I dont think itll be more fun the FiST is a riot and loves to be driven hard but the Abarth is super cheap even more than my fist and the interior is miles ahead of Ford. I legitimately cant stand the interior its such aids. And lastly
> 3 door
so much better. Basically im looking for more styling while still keeping it pretty fun but i know the FiST is more fun overall.
what are the weird compromises?

I used to browse in the treequinox and the guy with the V6 Mustang and his water-retention gf days. Forgot the name of the guy, but he was always so ass-blasted when you mentioned his Mustang and his fat gf. Would appreciate if an user posted some good old memes of him.

Now life has caught up to me and I don't browse /4chin/ any more...

the seating position is super high which gives this weird feel of being on top of the car instead of in it
the transmission feels kind of weird to shift
the reliability is STUNNINGLY bad. read the fiat 500 forums to get some perspective, electrical gremlins like crazy
the engine bay is very heavily packed so even simple service involves a long time of unbolting things to get to them
the rear seats are useless for passengers, you might as well literally take them out since with the rear seat rests up your cargo room is comically small

the seating is incredibly high in the FiST too which is one thing i despise but nobody talks about. I've been reading the forums and people have been saying the clusters sometimes act up, i figured the bay would be cramped ill try and compare it to the FiST when i gocheck out the car, and yea i planned on removing the back seats anyway since
>family never rides with me
>no friends
>only chill with gf
so weight reduction and extra space lol, but the reliability really does scare me the most

hey man if you have a garage to work on it and a decent set of tools it's probably fun, it's just going to get annoying

yea we will see its not set in stone yet since stealerships are taking forever to respond since I can't come in til I return home

Ayyyy- the interior of my Fiesta ST just started rattling like crazy last night on a semi-long highway cruise (~35k miles). I gotta fix the rattles because it's driving me nuts.

I wouldn't switch to an Abarth, no matter how cute they appear.

Good ol' Setk

mines always rattled of course lol but just the interior in general is absolute garbage. it's so boring it drives me insane

Thank you based user. Now I will proceed to laugh at his blue V6 Mustang and his water retention gf.

What is it with americans and Fiesta STs, they're nice cars but damn, they're everywhere!

Do get an Abarth user, it's way fun to drive, even though it probably won't be as fast as the ST...

... or will it?

I have no idea where you live that they are everywhere, where i am theres only 5 of us, 2 driven by old dudes, 2 driven by chicks who dont care, and me. But yes I want the Abarth, its really good looking and people seem to enjoy them a lot

Oh, where in live in eurocuckland there are none to be seen, not STs at least.
Lots of 1.4 TDCi around though... It's one of the most common cars on the roads.

But everybody in the USA seems to love them!

stock they're fairly close in speed because the FiST weighs a few hundo pounds more, which makes up for its hp advantage. The Abarth can be very easily modified to top 200hp, and getting to 250 isn't too hard either, but there's really not much point in going above 200 unless you like cool vibrations or something

You can take a Fiesta up to 300hp/300tq on stock internals, with a hybrid turbo.

Up to ~380hp if you want to go full retard

Do you have the restyling model or you're still stuck with the older Abarth?

The new one has a better interior and is fuck huge fun, it has a sort of torque vectoring as standard (it really works) or you can have the performance pack with the limited slip differential.

Also the steering wheel, like the one in pic related, makes my dick hard.

>V6 Mustang
>"water-retention" gf
Fucking Setk

>those numbers
You talking Dyno or flywheel?

>tablet
>with rotary knobs
Sergio, YOU GENIUS

Dyno/At the wheels.

pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Fiesta-ST180-X-47-340-Billet-7-Blade-Hybrid-Turbocharger_17318.jsp&pic=10

Big turbo dyno sheet attached from this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=8wuJXfOkT-M

Is that hybrid turbo on an unopened block?

Both are on stock blocks from my understanding, the 1.6 in the Fiesta comes with forged rods from the factory.

Also for what it's worth, DHM (before they went bankrupt) popped off a plastic manifold at around ~425hp from what I remember? That's likely why the guy in the youtube video has a built manifold.

Damn, these things are going to be meme taxed to Subaru levels, aren't they?

They've held value better than expected, but they're ~probably~ being discontinued going forward, so there will only be 4-6 model years they are available in.

Likely just a niche car no one really notices, it has a lot of aftermarket support though. I think I've had one person stop and ask me about mine in the past 6 months.

>lightweight hot hatch with strong as fuck engine
>Limited run
>not going to be meme taxed
Oh my sweet sweet summerchild

Is this the exact same engine that's on the lower trim Fusions and Escapes? Cause if that's the case I just got a few good ideas

It's an FF Ford Fiesta. It's not noticed by normies at all, doesn't have an LSD stock, lots of them ar modded now, etc, etc.

It has held it's value though, I bought mine just over 3 years ago and it's depreciated $6-7k in that time from what I paid for it. Better than your average Fiesta, but no where near the WRX value memes.

It's the same 1.6L Turbo, but not I'm not sure of the exact differences. Likely, Fusions and Escapes do not have the forged rods from the factory or aftermarket support from Cobb. But I truly do not know.

The Fusion SE can be had with the 1.6 Ecoboost and the manual, but I don't remember if the Escape could have awd and manual with the 1.6 ecoboost

eh it would be either the 2013 or 2012, and I would wanna buy one new because they depreciate to real low numbers so quick , but it is dope they get an LSD

nah man my FiST is so under the radar it's actually kinda sad, I wish people would recognize this great little car, even most of the "car enthusiasts" I've met call it a Focus. Itll never be meme taxed because normies want the Focus and anyone who actually cares about it are few and far between

Someone's selling this in my local classifieds. Did Fiat ever offer Martini livery from the factory? Shit looks fantastic.

2012 American 500 Abarth
>cv axle
>driver window
>coilover rubber perch thingies
>coil pack
>rear hatch electrics
I like my car tho. What do you want to know OP?

have you done any mods? anything you would recommend to new Abarth owner? Are those the only problems you have had ? How has the experience been? Do you personally think 60k is too many miles? Can you post a pic of the boost gauge? Anything you would change about the Abarth? Lastly is the seating position really as high as people say?

Are there even any other hot hatches in this price range available in Murica?

If you drive it, you'll fall in love with it.
That's pretty much it.

not even close my man, Abarth is the cheapest in terms of new
I figured as much that's why I really want to get into one and test it out

One Word of advice user, look into an Alfa mito qv.
It is has all the pros of an abarth, while a lot less of the cons. Its the same size, has the same engine(so identical aftermarket), yet feels roomier, you sit lower, feel More planted, and imo it looks better. Its also cheaper becuz no boiracer meme tax.

Maybe if you'd stop being so fat you'd fit in the Recaro seats, and not hate the interior so much

are you a retard? I love the recaros and fit perfectly, it's the absolute boring design and all the trash plastic that I hate

I would Bro but I can't because I'm in America unfortunately

The Mito is the same size as the Punto.

Punto Abarth is also pretty dope if you can find a non-riced one in decent condition.

>implying the abarth is designed better

All modern dashboards are made from shitty plastics. The Fiat is no diffrent.

I thought i was the only one. The Fiesta interior reminds me of a 90s schoolbus.

compare the two and tell me the FiST is anywhere near Fiat. The gauges are better, it has a nice glossy plastic piece the same color as the exterior and a nice little boost gauge. Now look at the FiST, hard plastic everywhere no sign of originality, and the most generic garbage gauges I've seen besides dodge.

Yeah, youre right, my mistake. Still it aint a lot larger and gives you a better driving feel imo. Theyre the same weight too afaik.

Yeah. Both the Punto Abarth and Mito QV feel a lot more planted, especially at highway speeds.

Right dude? don't get me wrong the engine , tranny and overall mechanics are amazing but fuck there is just nothing intriguing.

Frankly, you should be looking at the road and not your interior. IMO, you'd be making more of a lateral move than a true upgrade.

>mods
It has neuspeed intake and lowering springs and a full stainless exhaust after the downpipe. I wouldn't recommend the intake necessarily, it was a gift. I'm planning on upgrading the rear torsion bar and getting a high flow downpipe.
>recommend
I don't know what you're looking for, user.
>only problems
the cv axle attempted to relocate itself and was the most jarring experience by far. I would preemptively have them serviced if I bought another Abarth, the PO might have been an asshat. The driver window and actuator have been serviced by an FCA tech three times and while it works as it should now, it lets in the smallest amount of air to bother somebody while cruising. The strut mounts were a bitch because of the design. Take a look at the strut towers under the hood and make sure there are plastic caps on top of the hardware. Mine have fallen of/been misplaced/lost over the years and so the threads were all rusty. PITA to deal with considering the struts mounts are a wear item. Some guys have to replace them earlier than others. After hurricane Irma the hatch would blow a fuse when I tried to open it and the window wiper would go back and forth a couple times when i would turn on the vehicle.
>experience
I got it three years ago expecting an Italian designed, Mexican made mess, but I've been surprised thus far. Thise are the only "issues" so far. The panel gaps can be hit or miss, the seats can squeak, the paint might sluff off if you get a sunroof but then you drive it; good A-pillar design so you have visibility for days, the chirping of the wastegate as you grab another gear, the unadulterated wailing coming from her wind pipes. I didn't quite understand what visceral meant before this car.

>intake
Don't you get heat soak? Our engines kinda run hot.

>60k miles
I've put on most of those miles myself so I wont speak for other cars, but I've done oil changes every 3-4k miles and the engine has been wonderful, some people have issues with the connections on the charge pipes and so opt for a FMIC but I haven't felt the need to go that way.
>change
I wanted a fun daily driver that wasn't a two-seater and wouldn't eat through gas money, I got what I wanted.
>seating position
Truely the elephant in the room for this car. You either hate it or don't care. even though my car has been lowered a bit I still sit eye level with other car drivers, it's a comically tall car for being so small. You can adjust the seat up and down maybe two inches but if you're a taller guy you DO NOT WANT THE SUNROOF. So it's not sports car seating, and coming from a FiST you may not like the seats due to a lack of bolstering. I've heard that cloth seats mitigate the 'bar-stool' sensation of the leather seats by virtue of introducing more friction but have yet to test that out, I wanted the leather seats so idgaf. I could keep talking about the different pros and cons of the seating but I'm no journalist; you should just go test drive one to save yourself from the rambling.
I'll go grab a pic of the boost gauge and put it in a response, desu it's nothing special.

thanks man for answering all of my questions i really appreciate it. Youve made the car quite appealing and I'll be looking forward to test driving one once I'm back in the states. Yea the seating position in the FiST is the same exact way extremely tall for a small car, so i should be used to it. And it may not seem that special but for me it's a big step up from the FiST because i dont need to spend 200$ to put one in myself and fuck around a bunch

thats kinda cool, if only the shift up light was a digital boost gauge too.

>heatsoak
I said I wouldn't recommend it, don't make me start calling you names tripfag

most guys that start doing serious mods will replace it. I don't think I've ever seen the shift up light come on now that I think about it. But making it a digital readout would be cool if a bit redundant.

o-ok :(

yea i just mean thats my own personal preference but idk i like it overall.

something I forgot to mention, the attention my car gets is not something I was expecting. It is rosso, so I imagine that has something to do with it. But older gentlemen will give me thumbs up, younger guys tell me it sounds badass/throaty/etc, women tell me it's cute, and girls tend to stare or try to get my attention. I've only had a few run-ins with people that knew what it was by name. But this attention is not something I wanted when I bought it. I didn't even want it in red, but I found it at price I liked with the options I wanted. I would have probably waited to find a grey or black one if I knew this beforehand. Just some food for thought.
I've gotten used to the attention I guess, but when that qt3.14 called my car by name and told me it was cool or whatever I spilled my spaghetti like mad.

man thats gotta be nice, I made my FiST stand out but it still blends in hella hard which is something i didnt expect, only other ST bros notice me

But i think for now im gonna wait until tax season that way I can just put down a hearty chunk and maybe some better deals will pop up. Thank you for all your help user, you wouldn't perhaps be close to the panhandle of florida would you?

I didn't really make it clear I guess but I don't like the attention. It's not in my character. But if you want it, you'll get it with a 500.
I live in broward county, so not close but I'm in the state, why do you ask?

ohhh my bad dude yea i enjoy the attention it's nice lol and damn cause i was going to ask if you knew of any good spots to drive on plus it'd be dope to have an Abarth pal if i end up getting the car