Ywn alpha enough to change a blown head gasket on the spot infront of a crowd of 30 people

>ywn alpha enough to change a blown head gasket on the spot infront of a crowd of 30 people.

youtube.com/watch?v=HBcEBxLC-kY

why even live br/o/s?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=HBcEBxLC-kY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Must see!
fuck you

hooktube.com/watch?v=HBcEBxLC-kY

who has a head gasket just laying around in their trunk?

teardown and repair isn't the hard part. It's making sure the OHC is installed properly and the timing is correct when you don't have the proper timing tools.

The cringe is real.

>Having to remove cams to change a head gasket.

If he is just changing the head gasket, why is he loosening the camshaft?
Am i missing something?

I guess he figures might as well redo the timing too? or maybe its difficult to get to the headbolts with the cams on that type of head?

He didn't change anything.

>took the valve cover off
>Started to take a cam off
>Video ends
Description reads: looks like he changed a few in his lifetime lol
?????

>Stick finger in no. 1 hole
>Feel for tdc
>Turn intake cam so valves are closed
>Turn exhaust cam so valves are closed
>????
>Profit
Unless youre some kind of soyboy who can't change their air filter without using a dial gage and a micrometer to make sure it's in right

My cams are directly in the way of my head bolts.

You don't use an airfiltergaugemeasuretool (in german)?

for all the retards in this thread all hes doing is over tightening the head bolts- changing nothing, this'll let you go maybe a 100 miles

>iwn need to change a blown headgasket in front of 30 people
imagine having a car so unreliable it explicitly chooses a situation like that to shit the bed

>>Stick finger in no. 1 hole
>>Feel for tdc

Are you a spooky skelington?

I am a valvelet (tfw 8 valves) so my plugs go in from the side at an angle, very easy to insert finger or tongue and just feel where the piston stops going up. Use a short ratchet to do this so you can hopefully feel any piston/valve contact
>Tfw old volvo combustion chambers are the size of the state of Colorado
>At least an 1/8" of clearance, literally impossible to bend a valve

>He actually uses a luftfilterwerkzeug
>not just putting a piece of paper towel over the MAF inlet with a rubber band

I want a non interference engine. I currently have a chain drive OHV which isn't too bad but I don't know how people are comfortable driving around in cars with cambelts and interference engines. If it snaps a bomb basically goes off in the engine and wrecks everything.

Ehh, timing belt failures are extremely rare. You have to let it go a long ass time in order to be worried about it breaking. Chains pretty much never break persay but they can get stretched and jump a tooth which fuccs you up pretty bad

Current tech belts are good for "the life of the engine," which Bosch defines as 240,000-300,000km

You through your car away at 150,000 miles, right?

I do
>t. 1995-04 na 2.5l Subaru owner

>Knows how to change head gasket
>Not man enough to own a real engine

0/alpha

:(

It's a honda thing. I had to remove cams as well to take the head off on my car

I had to remove the cams to remove the heads from my Subaru, not just a Honda thing. They were quite in the way of the head bolts.