/khg/ - Kingdom Hearts General

Halloween Town Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start Guide:i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018
D23 2017 Toy Story Trailer: youtu.be/E4y7UK4nqnQ
Excerpt—Hercules Trailer: youtu.be/GNebfmXqHQ4
Less Disney worlds: gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areas July 18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story: siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/ July 18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions: ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expo July 18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760 July 19, 2017
Dengeki Interview: khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827 July 21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread:

First post for thiccess character in the series

You know when I think about it I think Pete is kind of a weird weird character
He is first introduced as some villain that Mickey Mouse sealed into another dimension which in of itself is kind of weird, and then acts as a recurring Gilgamesh-esque boss and one of Maleficent's flunkies, which isn't, but then you realize that Maleficent herself gets totally sidelined in favor of the Organization which in turn consists of the main villain and 12 OC flunkies so that makes him like a fourth-rate villain who gets more screentime than the rest of them
And then in BBS it turns out it wasn't even Mickey who tossed him out, but Minnie, so now you have to stop and wrack your brain trying to figure out why on earth Donald and Goofy would say that it was

>main villain and 12 flunkies
how did i never make the connection to jesus and his 12 apostles before?
now i need drawfag or some shoopmaster to make the last supper with organization 13

I hope we see Sora sit on the throne of Kingdom Hearts in KH3.

should they appear in kh3?

They will

>Halloween Town in KH2
>intro implies Jack is seeing Christmas Town for the first time ever
>"This year we're handling Christmas too!"
>later dialogue implies this is after the movie and he's just doing it again having learned literally nothing
Why not just adapt the movie? What's the point?

Yes, my thread idea was used.

maybe like Toy story the people said they dont want them recreate the movie

Xion should wear something green when she gets a new outfit.

I was thinking purple

>doctor xion

>C'mon, Roxas! It's time for your daily dose!

Yea but no other game has the 'secret movie' be the actual end of the game.
I've never even looked at one of the xehanort reports before.

>I've never even looked at one of the xehanort reports before
>not reading about the universe lore

>wrack your brain trying to figure out why on earth Donald and Goofy would say that it was
I'm pretty sure it was a simple ret-con. When you first visit the Mysterious Tower, Donald is surprised to learn that Yen Sid lives there. Then in BBS, the Mysterious Tower is pretty much the only place we see Donald, which makes his surprise in 2 a bit misplaced.

I assumed it was just him cackling evilly about DARKNESS or whatever

Oh boy. Every game has a form of Reports in them. Be sure to read them as they expand upon the lore of certain things in the KH universe.

Since radiant garden is blocked off in final episode, can I go back to the aqua save, grind some, and then start final episode off of that? I'd assume I have to beat her final bosses again.

You'd have to beat the final boss again and make a new Final Episode save file. Same thing with the Secret Episode.

Do I have to beat all of their final bosses, or just one of them? I really don't want to play Vanitas' RNG dark hour again.

Just Aqua's final bosses, so Braig and Venitas.

I would recommend loading the main Aqua save, completing everything you need to, then proceeding into Final and Secret Episode.

Aqua's report only becomes complete in the Secret Episode, so if you're missing something that can't be recovered in Final Episode, you'll have to go back to the main file and start over.

only Aqua

good

might as well ask whille on the topic of reports, is beating the superbosses necessary for the reports? I've gotta beat them once regardless for the trophy but I don't know if I need to beat them with all 3 people.

Yes. You pretty much have to do every last thing in BBS to complete the Reports. Oh and it gets better, you have to do that with each character.

You need to do everything with all three characters.

Every enemy, every Unversed Mission, every secret boss, every minigame, etc.

There's no shared data between character reports.

can't wait to play a lot of volleyball

Don't forget the ice cream rhythm game. Three times for all songs. Perfectly.

I'm sure I'll come to hate it later but the ice cream was a lot more fun than the racing or the volleyball. I had zero clue what to do during volleyball and only won by like a single point

You only need Excellent rank on all Master songs one time.

The report doesn't care about your rankings in any song other than Dessert Paradise Master, which you need to unlock Frozen Fortune.

You can phone it in for everything else.

There's also the Mirage Arena. And the shitty racing game. BBS had way too many mini games for 100% Reports.

Yea I mentioned the racing. In true racing game spirit it seems like they make the opponents cheat as soon as you get in 1st.

It truly isn't that bad, the racing, volleyball, and command board is far more annoying than the rhythm game by far. I am absolute garbage at rhythm games to the point I can't go past Easy/Normal and I can manage the BBS stuff easily every time, I don't get the complaints for it.

I think it's worse when you ARE good at rhythm games, to be honest.

Because the visual cues are really hard to read, and the timing isn't very tight, and occasionally the prompts aren't even on-beat.

Tell you guys what, these Days cutscenes are pretty fuckin boring.

There are some decent comics by that guy. That is not one of them

post decent

It's not for everyone. Gets a bit better towards the end though.

I did already play the game when it came out, but haven't since then. Trying to refresh myself on the franchise before KH3 after falling out with it around 3D's launch so I figured I should give these a watch again, I barely remember the game.

Days is generally regarded as the lesser KH title of the series. I'd still watch it til the end if you can though. There's one scene where Axel really shines.

I like the manga more then the cutscenes but its taste really

I'll give it a go, I'll probably just leave it in on in the background.

How does the manga handle it? I've heard it's good.

What said also. Manga isn't canon but they're a great read if you get the chance.

It's the main source for all my KH related reaction images

I've always wanted to read the KH manga so maybe I'll give them all a read sometime.

I can't believe I hated this franchise for the last few years and now I've been just pulled right back in.

man the game really does not know what to do with damage syphon and a good shotlock

i just wiped out both terrahorts with ease

BBS has no game balance whatsoever.

yea i spent the past half hour making mega flare/time splicer/dark hour and then I barely ever used them because I just kept spamming shotlock and then using cure if I got low

I need help to stop commissioning artists.

All this big flashy strong moves? Absolutely useless against bosses, 9/10 times its a death wish. Surges and mines are pretty much the only useful ones.

I remember when I played through BBS as Aqua I just had some Thundaga and the mine spells, cartwheeled around using them and wiped out every boss with ease, some were over in like 30 seconds. I couldn't beleive it.

firewheel does a surprising amount of damage too, i almost thought about trying to kill him with just that too

dark hour and time splicer did speed up the braig/vanitas redo though, so there's that

You should commission a picture of Miss Wedge.

Firewheel has fewer i-frames so it's worthless.

I dont have any pics of wedge saved

i dunno man any game where you can dodge roll a final boss to death is a good game to me

now that I'm done it (or the story, at least) I think I can safely say I'd much prefer the game if it was just a "full" game instead of three iterations of the same like 70% of a game

I guess I have to beat extra episode to get the critical competitor?

You have to beat all five episodes on Critical yeah

Is there another final boss in extra or is it just walking around doing stuff

>Mickey bows to MoM
>In contact with the Chirithy
>Possess foresight abilities
>Controls the Keyblade Unions with an iron but fair fist
>Own castles & banks throughout the Realm of Light
>Direct descendant of the ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities in the Lanes Between (TWTNW will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of replica research facilities in the Realm of Light
>First replicas will in all likelihood be MoM replicas
>Said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & the Hundred Acre Woods
>Ancient Agrabah scriptures tell of an angel in flight who will descend upon the worlds and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
>He owns data R&D labs around the Realm of Light
>You likely have MoM's data inside you right now
>MoM is in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Unions. Who do you think set up the meeting between the seven lights and thirteen darknesses (First meeting between the two groups in over 1000 years) and arranged the Union leaders' first trip to the RoD in history literally a few days later to the castle in Daybreak Town?
>He learned fluent Heartless in under a week
>Worlds entrust their munny reserves with MoM. There’s no treasure in the Imperial Palace, only in Daybreak Town
>MoM is about 2 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.

There's a boss yeah

SUITS

Think there'll be a part in KH3 where you get Riku and Kairi in your party?

I'll be kinda bummed out if we don't get any Kairi action, I've been waiting for what, 12 years now?

Yes.

I certainly hope so. I know people home and complain about how useless Kairi is, but she can't really be useless when the story has barely given her a chance to BE useful.

say wasnt there something that aqua's model got changed that her back covers more skin?

Yep, she was changed from the previews in all versions

Absolutely

Is there a recommended order to play BBS?

Terra Ven Aqua

Terra > Ventus > Aqua

Aqua, Ven.
Import a completed save file of Terra's story

>get hyped seeing Lucifer raises Gen atk buff 2, and lowers def 2
>it's your defense it debuffs
I hate this game so much

its a medal that buffs for free. as a downside it debuffs you

It's pretty shit in normal play but it becomes really useful for some of the Proud quests

The Manga is great

The FF characters not called Zack were meant to appear but the writers (perhaps Nomura himself) decided there were too many characters.

FUCK the Organization

But then Maleficent could get him out too quickly

I just hope they don't fuck up the resolation of the counterparts thing like in Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

Not him but why?

Doesn't the story go in the order of T>V>A?

I'd be disappointed if there isn't a part where the seven lights fight as a party.

You can only have 5 party members though

>tfw killing a LV800 Captain Avaricious in one turn

Am... am I a whale?

Do we have a full list of the 7 lights?

And I mean including yourself. I forgot to mention that

>hercules footage
>omg max 4 party members
>toy story footage
>omg max 5 party members
>shibuya footage
>omg max 7 party members

I don't have to ever worry about that wooden slate Xion coming back, right?

user, I...

That's already wrong

Post set up

Riku Art has Lux&Abi+&ATK XL
Terra Illust has extra attack

My Burst is LV1214

As long as Riku Art's skill procs, it's a done deal. ezpz

I also did the third quest in two turns.
Strangely easy for a five-star event.

>Ariel will never call you "Daddy"

Yes, but Nomura decided to make the change, not Disney as many assumed.