What does Veeky Forums think of the NC miata? Any good as a daily?

What does Veeky Forums think of the NC miata? Any good as a daily?

>good as a daily driver
Depends entirely on you anonymous. I bought my daily driver from a guy selling it because it was too stiff and small for him to daily drive.

Cool im sure ill fit well im 5'9''What year and milage?
Any mods like suspension etc.

It's the only reasonably priced Miata these days. A clean NA costs nearly as much as a boomer-owned and maintained NC. Bonus points for the Power hardtop version.

Yes so I've noticed this trend looking through websites
One near me is a 2006 with 72k miles gt trim for $9500. Decent deal?

Anything with less than 100k miles and less than $10k is pretty much fair in the NC world. $8k and below starts to be worrying as the salvage titles and other crap starts to appear.

Good to know.
How's the maintenance on them? Are the parts costly?

Good to know.
How's the reliability?
Are parts costly?

Not terribly expensive, aside from things like shocks, but you should be spending the $1k for Tokico's all around anyway if the suspension goes on one of these.

>Any good
No.

Ugly as sin.
All the problems of dailying a small soft-top roadster, none of the charm.
Instead of buying an $8000+ NC, I recommend buying a $3,000 auto Civic and a $5,000 manual NA.

It's a bit heavier than the previous gen, and a bit worse at handling because of that, but it's prettier in my opinion and a lot more comfortable than the previous ones

The worst Miata

Or you could say fuck the Civic and just buy a low-mileage NB for the same price as a well-used NC.

cheap if you do it yourself senpai

>All the problems of dailying a small soft-top roadster, none of the charm
lol yeah. So many problems. When I'm cruising with the top down, blasting around corners, or doing donuts in a snowy parking lot, all I can think of is how much I'd rather be driving some giant gas guzzler that barely fits in the lane and will tip over if I try to take a corner at over 10mph.

A lot faster than a ratty ass NA or NB Miata, and that triggers poorfags on Veeky Forums hard.

See

This right here .couldn't of said it better myself

Haha yeah I always wondered why it got so much hate it's a decent car
Either way I'm getting one who cares what people think about it
Opinions are like assholes..

Lol we triggered the NC fag

It gets a lot of hate because it is the heaviest Miata. This is compounded by the fact that it looks almost bloated to some people. Also, from what I've heard, there are some engine problems with the MZR l4s, which is something you should be aware of if you consider buying one.

I owned 1 NA, 1 NB, and 2 NC's.

When it comes to a daily driven roadster, I'd take the NC over the NA or NB any day.

It's roomier, the convertible top is a flick of the wrist to go up and down, interior is nicer, comes with better amenities, and the MZR engine has a huge following (utilized the the Formula Atlantic Races back in the old days).

Also, you can bump the displacement from 2.0 to 2.5 with a pretty easy block swap from almost any Ford/Mazda. The 2.5's are in pretty much everything, so they're usually pretty cheap (easily under $1k)

The aftermarket for them is insane! Go to good-win-racing.com, they have everything from a one-piece carbon fiber hood/fender/bumper that's ultra light, to superchargers from Cosworth.

Seriously. The following is ridiculous. They're starting to get closer to $5k for a decent one. Why spend more on an older/out-dated model for the same price?

NC is best miata aside from the ND. It has best power to weight of all mx5 generations. Its more refined, comfortable and a better value than the NB and NA.

I bought my 2006 MX5 w 110k miles for 5000 before tax and fees. I sold it because I wamted something roomier and more comfy for Florida. I was always hot in it since the vents are the size of golfballs.

Anyways, its a great car and is statistically better than the NA and NB and more comfy.

Go for it hell u can find a good one for 6-7k

Pic related was my bby

i love how the hood looks and sits

Somewhat unrelated but my dad paid AU$20k for one and I have no fucking idea why.

the front is the ugliest by far
mazda malaise period styling, like the rx-8

I daily a 2006 1.8l NC. Quite good except it's quite noisy and the stock shocks are shit, definitely first thing to swap out.

I'm from europe and I don't know if the engines are the same in the rest of the world, but the 1.8 is actually a ford duratec, and this triggers mazda purists. Also many (including me) report problems of fast oil burning after 100k km, so check it often and replace head/valve gaskets if needed (which is ~1000/1500 euro of work)

Also the 2.0l has 6 speed (instead of 5) and LSD, so go for that if you can. I got the 1.8 since I'm a cheap fuck and insurance costs less.

The one I'm looking at is an 06 gran touring spec comes with a six speed and a 2.0L
I belive it also has a limited slip diff

My wife liked hers until pregnancy made it hard to get in and out of the thing and we got rid of it for something that could fit a kid seat

Kinda miss it now but I'd probably go an RX8 instead for the memes and extra room

Oh yas that sounds awesome. The most based package you could get. What color?

A 2 seater car is a bit frustrating for groups of people. If only there was a four seater coupe like the mx5 with decent space...

>they will never bring back headrest speakers

maximum angery

Burgundy; tan top & interior
Not thrilled about the color scheme but oh well

dark exterior + tan interior is the patrician's choice

good car for a girl. or 20s b/tard

>groups of people
maximum kek must be tuff user

Nice! Widely accepted as one of the best color combos you can get (as stated). Guarantee you'd get compliments from all around. I JUST can't with tan interiors and it limits the options for me so much