Is Nissan not bringing the GT-R to the States the biggest missed opportunity in automotive manufacturer history?

Is Nissan not bringing the GT-R to the States the biggest missed opportunity in automotive manufacturer history?

The Supra and 3000GT weren't sales successes when they were new, the GT R wouldn't have been either.

*when they were new in the US

If its being outsold by the corvette and 911 i don't see what opportunity they were missing. although Toyota probably kicked themselves after taking the SUpra out of the states in 98 only for the fast and the furious film to debut a year or two after then suddenly everyone wants a supra in the US so maybe.

most people didn't give a shit about niprides before F&F

other way around bud. The nip rides is what encouraged F&F to happen in the first place.

>be director, make movie about something nobody cars about, get no money.
or
>be f&f director, make movie about riced to shit cars being the hot shit at the time and rake in millions.

the culture creates the media, not the other way around.

As much as I love the R34 GTR, Pretty much this
Probably would have accelerated their bankruptcy too
They also would have to compromise performance due to "emissions" bs

>Is Nissan not bringing the GT-R to the States

But they did bring the R35 GT-R to the states.

And if you're talking about the ones before the R35, this topic has been beaten to death, there are valid reasons why it didn't come to the US. Fucking deal with it, it happened like 17/18 years ago.

Faggot.

They only brought it to the US due to the ridiculous demand because the old GTRs were so sought after. If they didn't there would be riots in the streets

There was a rumor they would've brought them over as Infinitis but cost too much to federalize.

Well, they did succeed with the later G35, G37, Q50, Q60 cars. It's a consolation prize I guess

>before F&F
bullshit, this was the car in all the boyracer mags before F&F came out. I didn't even know it was in a F&F movie before someone on this board mentioned it (I only saw the first one)

>If they didn't there would be riots in the streets

shut the fuck up. its a 100k sports car not some necessity like oil. isn't it past your bed time kid?

>implying the japanese would give their greatest engineering achievement to the filthy waito pigs that incenerated two of their cities and thrust jewish capitalism

get fucked burgers, you are lucky you can even import them when they turn 25

the other kings (RX7, NSX and Supra) were all sold here and all sold poorly.

Back before F&F hit the scene, one could be a massive cunt and more or less correctly call the car scene 'niche' in the sense that it catered more or less only to people that had a genuine enthusiasm for cars. Once it broke the ice, so to speak, all hell broke loose. F&F was basically Initial D for normies.

For bad, and good.

People never would've forgiven Nissan for not bringing it here. Even people that couldn't afford one would've resented them for it. These things are some of the most coveted cars in existence. Get over yourself

no, boiracers dont buy expensive cars. Look at the current GTR, it sells only around a 1000 units per year in the US. Some shitboxmobile like a maxima seel 60x that amount each year

shut the fuck up faggot

The Supra was very successful before the A80.

Almost Corvette numbers

Not an argument dipshit

it doesn't need to be because its over with. the r34 gt-r never came to the states and you can keep crying about it but you never will afford one.

>the awful photoshop seams everywhere in that pic

You're backpedalling now and still haven't address my point. And I do plan on owning one in the future. You still haven't refuted that bringing the R35 here was done because of the demand due to the GTR legacy and a lot of people would've been disappointed had it not happened. Fuck, a lot of people raged about the Honda S660 not being brought here ever since they learned the Beat existed, or they just wanted something that was somewhat of a successor to the S2000. The same could be said for Utes in general, especially the Maloo since they only recently became wanted over here and everyone was disappointed they cancelled the SS so they wouldn't get their new El Camino. Even if the majority of people complaining couldn't have afforded one, this decision would be one of the first things they think of when they think of Chevrolet.

*addressed, to avoid you sperging out more over a spelling mistake

>being this autistic
kys

How is making observations and stating facts autistic? You're really making a fool or yourself now

I'm someone else that dropped by to call you autistic desu

Which reminds me, we really need flags on this board. Not that it will prevent people from resetting IPs and the like, but it should help curb some of the shitposting and let us know whose opinions are worth listening to so we won't waste our time on them.

theres no backpedaling going on. You're just an underage brainlet who watches too many chinese cartoons

I haven't even watche Initial D and you haven't made any argument as to how this isn't backpedalling. Sperg more

*watched. Cause I know you'll jump on that like the autist you are

dont @ me.

you're swagless. get no cheeks at all and have no idea what you are talking about.

This so goddamn much

Who are you talking to?

who do you think im talking to?

(the faggot above that post you quoted)

They wouldn't have appreciated it.

>not bringing the GT-R to the States
this is the best decision Nissan has ever made.

The GT-R wouldn't be such a legend if the US could get them easily. It really was a good decision.

yeah just like the mkiv supra right?

that never came to america right?

Every normie knows the Supra and Skyline because of the f&f movies.

Riceshit was around before the movie but it catapulted into the stratosphere after it came out.