Where does Veeky Forums shop for auto parts irl? For me, it's vatozone the best in auto parts

Where does Veeky Forums shop for auto parts irl? For me, it's vatozone the best in auto parts.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/2002-mercedes-clk55-amg/6452824431.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

located in a border city in Canada.
RockAuto with international shipping for light stuff
RockAuto shipped to my buddy's house in US for heavy stuff
Advance Auto Parts for in-store pickup in the US, when current coupon codes can beat RockAuto sufficiently

CarQuest Canada in-store when they can beat prices vs the above, or when it's a part I want to have a warranty on.

PartSource (Canadian chain) when it's an absolute emergency and outside of CarQuest business hours.

Autozone because its the only auto store within my area that has employees that actually give a shit

Rockauto for stuff that can wait. Autozone for shit i need now. NAPA and Advance Auto are price gouging faggots.

Ebay and aliexpress

I go to O'Really first.
Then Vatozone if OReally doesn't have it.
Then anywhere else
Then NAPA
Then Advance because they are terrible

I go to who is close and cheap and has the part I need
/thread

>NAPA and Advance Auto are price gouging faggots.
>shops at Autozone
the autozone price on a given product may be $19.99. the Advance price on the exact same item may be $23.99.

Advance has 25-30% off coupon codes on the regular, and SpeedPerks basically gives you a $5 reward every time you buy anything of significance.

it's all the same shit at the end of the day, you just choose how much to pay for it...

>hey user, sign up for our coupon club so we can sell your info and you get massive savings that equal what you pay elsewhere.

but that's the thing, it's not equal to what i pay elsewhere

spectra premium fuel tank. made in canada. i live in canada. $370 from the cheapest store here.

advance? same spectra tank made in canada. like $110. used a 30% off coupon code. $77 minus a $5 speedperks coupon i had.

so like 90 Canadian.

but even if it were just Advance vs Autozone vs Oreilly, Advance still wins on cost almost every time. some things are weird like extremely high core deposits on brake calipers though.

maybe its just where I live. i drove around one day doing price checks on stuff and napa and advanced were easily 30% higher for a lot of stuff. even stuff like motor oil and filters were insane.

Nobody has aw11 parts in stock except for the local pull and purchase junkyard. They actually have more than a handful of dead aw11s

Amazon, sort by lowest to highest, buy the ugliest, crappiest chinesium product for my RX7

O'Reilly's for Wix filters, Walmart/advance for oil, amazon/rock for noncritical parts, dealer for critical parts like sensors

Only the MESSicans buy at the AutoZone
I do not care for those anchor chuckers fuck them I use napa know how
Or the local parts shop that rapes my wallet in its litlle fruity cabooty but they are good peoples I dont want to see you twig boys in my shop wring your scrawny neck fuckers
I dont order no parts off the internet they are stealing my credit information the chinese gooks

Autobahn in Australia. Their shit in the shop is overpriced but all their actual parts are cheaper than online shops, decent non chink brand and usually have shit in stock. I'd like to shop at my local parts shop but he never has shit I want in stock. I'm 90% sure he just orders shit off ebay and adds 30%

Facebook groups

>yuropoor living in pizzaland
>don't have nationwide supermarket chain like Autozone
>have to rely on the internet because the local autoparts store are literally 100% more expensive
Timing kit and aux belt + water pump cost for a ferd fecus on average 160€ while ~75€ online

Milner for actual parts (brakes, suspension, engine stuff)

Bilxtra (only local car stuff store) for fluids, cables, extras, audio, the odd tool, filters and parts I need real quickly

>I dont want to see you twig boys in my shop wring your scrawny neck fuckers
leave us lanklets alone

Hot off the presses.

>Was $125.99
>Order total: $131.66
>YOU SAVED $18.00!
????
What did they mean by this?

Also:
>Sites specific to my car (primarily Moss Miata)
>Amazon for various hard to find shit
>RockAuto for cheap unimportant shit
>Junkyard and eBae for used parts
>O'Reilly for fluids
>Sears for tools

Advance

Have commercial account at Advance.

For me it is the dealership, the best place for auto parts.

>amazon for hard to find shit
i only use amazon for aftermarket, and even then most of the stuff on amazon is chink shit

I meant specific shit like filters, fluids, etc. that's either cheaper from them, or I can't source locally/don't trust the quality coming from RockAuto. Also, I derp'd, I get motor oil from Walmart since it's cheapest for me lmao. But yeah brake and other fluids from O'Reilly.
>Spend $56 on membership because they had Bridgestone tires on sale
>Order the tires I want
>They wait until after the sale to cancel my order and say they don't have it in stock but will order it - at full price
Wish I cancelled my membership right then because I only went shopping there only one time the entire year. JUST...

I'm sorry.

shhhhhh

I get almost everything online now, either through Amazon, ebay, or oem dealers. For some parts I'll go to my local napa. I only go to autozone/advanced/oreilly/pep boys if I need small parts, fuses, lube, etc., or if I have no choice.

Irl isn't it?

B-but user the stealership is too expensive!!

Baka desu senpai

>O'Reilly's for Wix filters

Why?

Affinia bought the rights to Wix, and Mann+Hummel/Bosch bought out Affinia in 2014. Mann/Bosch has owned Purolator, which advance stocks since 2006.

It's all the same fucking filters in a differently painted can besides Fram.

Not him, but I thought they were all different. From my experience I would say that WIX filters are top tier t.b.h

Hey, I just bought a bunch of parts
>amazon
I got moog linkages
>ebay
I got a kit of various items and only 1/3 of the parts fit. I had to send back
>rockauto
parts didn't fit had to return
>NAPA
got parts and they fit.. the price was decent too
>Autozone
rented tools

Why shouldn't I buy a 16 year old clk 'benz with 162K miles?

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/2002-mercedes-clk55-amg/6452824431.html

>bought 100$ axle off autozone
>vibration 2 months later
>400$ for oem axle online

should i stop being a jew and just go for the oem? fucking hurts my wallet, i'm a poorfag atm

I own 4 old shitheaps, to keep them going I shop-
-Autozone, not my "best" choice but they're literally 1/2 mile from me, so they're my "emergency shop"
-Pep Boys are GOAT, they stock parts that are special order everywhere else
-Junkyard, only place to go for some parts for early-mid 90's cars
-NAPA, the guys there at my local are all old GM guys and know their shit about cars, even if the NAPA prices are a touch higher than everywhere else, I'll still go there.

because it has 162k miles and the seller notes that he had to dump a bunch of money into repairs in the second sentence of the description

>Be me
>1990 NA Miata
>Mazda local $1,100 for new driveshaft
>Local fuckers want 500~ for 2 new U joints and balancing, DROPPED OFF.
>Rockauto is $180USD + $100 shipping so 400~NZD
>2nd hand good NZ ones $200

It's a fuckin tube for christs sakes, y u so xpensiv.

Work 8 hrs a week at advance, if I can't jack what I want I still get coupons and 20% employee discount. Nobody counts core batteries on the pallet so if I'm low on car part funds I can just tell the system I brought in 6 or so cores and cut myself a store credit card.

O'Reilly and rock auto for all other new parts or chemicals.

Car-part.com for used engines and heads and stuff.

I have 5 vehicles. I get parts from about 6 or 7 different places for them depending on price.

>be a canuck
>highschool and no mechanic experience
>jdm shitbox calipers seize and rotors crack
>lordco is only store I know of for quick parts
Ended up paying over 600 dollars to do my front brakes on an Impreza. fuck Lordco

>Welcome to the Rock
Excuse me, general... but what about the fucking money?

Look, I'm just a biochemist. Most of the time, I work in a little glass jar and lead a very uneventful life. I drive a Volvo, a beige one. But what I'm dealing with here is one of the most based auto parts sources the earth has ever known, so what say you cut me some FRIGGIN' SLACK?

Which cars do you own user?

Lately it's been dealership stuff, surprisingly BMW still sells steel body stuff.

Advance is the cheapest physical store around even without speedperks. It's still overpriced but not as bad as autozone or napa or anyone else. And I just feel like walmart trash when I walk into autozone, half their fucking store footprint is devoted to fake plastic chrome shit that isn't an actual car part. If it can wait, rock auto. I can still get OEM shit from them and it's still cheaper than buying it in any local store.

bc bro

What a dumbass. You know you'd save more by getting the perks card bullshit, right?

Fuck off, nigger.

It's only aisle 5 and some keychains by the register. And they price match, so if price is an issue, it's your autism that is the problem because you're scared to ask.

O'reilly for the stuff I want now or in a day or two.

Rockauto for insanely cheap closeout stuff and expensive stuff where O'reilly is going to be $30-$40 more after shipping.

Pelican Parts

Is that your account?
Feelsbatman.jpg
;_;