I've been thinking about importing an obscure 2-stroke car to the US

I've been thinking about importing an obscure 2-stroke car to the US

Tell me why this might be a bad idea

(random shitboxes like the Trabi or Wartburg can be had for around ~$5k

if you live anywhere with hills or where it snows a lot this car will 99% be your cause of death

Lets assume I live in the midwest and dont plan on taking it on roads with speed limits above 55

They stink, they're not at all fun to drive, parts will be non-existent and in the case of the Trabbie you'll be stuck with it forever because it's made of toxic resin and can't be recycled.

I'm not looking for speed, I'm looking for something different

I didn't mention speed at all.

I own shitty little slow two stroke bikes and snowmobiles, they aren't fast but they're fun as shit. I don't see why not

Well with a bike you're not stuck in a noisy, confined space slowly filling up with engine fumes. Also two stroke bikes are fun because they're bikes, not because they're two stroke.
But if OP is so desperate to be different and interesting then the "fools and their money" axiom rings true for another.

>They stink
t. soyboy
>not at all fun to drive
Still better than all these Chinese shit people drool over here.

Four strokes are superior in just about every way in the context of a car. I see no reason to willingly spend exuberant amounts of money importing some shitty meme two stroke. You wont be the special snowflake you wish to be, you will be laughed at by everyone, enthusiasts included.

>random shitboxes like the Trabi or Wartburg can be had for around ~$5k
That's because they're shit.
They're not quirky, ironic or fun. They're just shitty cars.
If you want to blow $5k on a quirky Euro box get a Citreon Dyane. At least it's kind of funny.

>t. soyboy

Sorry for not wanting to drive around a fucking lawnmower with 4 doors then, you filthy commie

Parts for east german stuff are cheap, but getting them shipped over cost time and money

5k will get you a perfect trabi or wartburg with the trunk and rear seats full of spare bits

2stroke DKWs are similar, but offer much better build quality and design. They were only built until the mid 1960s, much more rare and therefore more expensive of course.

Did they sell 2 stroke Saabs in the US? Getting one of those might be more straightforward and easier than ímporting something unseen

>Tell me why this might be a bad idea
1. You need to premix
2. the torque curve is bad (pic related)
3. they suck at partial load
4. If they are not properly warmed up before using their full power, the pistons get scored
Over time this leads to the engine siezing up.

>Did they sell 2 stroke Saabs in the US?
yes they did.

get a kei car that is importable then. you at least have A/C with some of them.

>slowly filling up with engine fumes
just mount a roof exhaust senpai

KEK although that's a four stroke

A 1975+ Wartburg 353 is probably your best choice if you don't want to get a Saab

>water cooled 3cyl that sounds like a tiny, angry inline 6
>electronic ignition
>freewheel in all 4 gears, both column and floor shifter available
>disk brakes, seat belts etc
>enough power to not hold anyone up on the highway
>body on frame, so the body structure is fairly simple, front and rear end bolted on (very similar to a panther body)

>saab 96
>four stroke
nah mate, 840cc two-stroke I3. angry bee noises for days.

Look at the filename nigger

>v4
fug