Alright guys, can we be civil and have a corvette thread?

Alright guys, can we be civil and have a corvette thread?

>it doesn't have to be the best car ever
>it's okay that it's not the fastest around the hurrdurr ring
>don't get bent out of shape

Corvette owners, post 'em
>pic related

Honestly you've probably invited them more than just not saying anything but I wish you luck with your thread.

I'm not usually a fan of american car styling but that picture looks really aesthetic OP

C3 is the best looking Corvette, prove me wrong

I have a '78 C3 I don't want anymore. I'd rather sell it to better afford my preferred Porsche 928.

It is, but honestly I think the styling of the earliest ones are a million times better than the newer C3s. The front & back end chrome bumpers with the ice tray fender ducts are absolute perfection.

those tempered glass T-tops were top fucking notch. I fantasize getting a pair for mine.

I love the C3, and it's really all personsl taste. C5 is my favorite though, hence why I own it and not a C3.

Corvette was the answer (question?) on final jeopardy a few days ago.

Category: Cars.

Answer: When it was introduced in 1953, this car model's emblem had a checkered flag & a red flag with a fleur-de-lis.

Someday I will own a gorgeous 1966 Corvette stingray, someday...

Right after a wax, and the day before a valve spring broke.

Very pretty user

Any advantage to the FRC over a regular C5, or is it just a looks thing? does the FRC have a stiffer chassis?

Everything looks better in copper.

Where u at op? Got a c5 z06. Love em.

Makes me want to put a rotory in a c4.

how'd you come to the conclusion it was a valve spring?

Thanks mang. It's light and more rigid than the regular c5. It also has the upgraded z51 suspension.

I'm Texas. Love your z06. Mine is an FRC though.

Horrible clattering from the engine, ran like shit. I was planning on doing lifters the next month because they were noisy and initially that's what I thought it was. I got to my shop that night and started tearing it down for lifters and found the valve spring. Luckily the keeper stayed on and the valve didn't drop into the cylinder. It is an interference motor, valve hit the piston. It made a ding mark in the piston but didn't crack it (verified with dye penetrant test). So I did lifters, one new valve, all new springs and seals.

Ding mark in the piston.

c4 a best

I use to be. Dallas area. How's your transmission treating you

Since when are Gm engines interference?

THICC

Fort Worth area here. Where are you now? I have the T56 6 speed, treating me very well, have you had any issues with yours? Serviced it at 100K, fluid was clean. At 142K now.

I've had to deal with some issues due to modification, but as far as factory items go, I havent really had any issues with the car. Apart from the dreaded "service column lock" message and a number of not uncommon water leaks.

LS series engines are interference.

best bang for buck on performance probably considering you can pick one up for 3k or less

remember when all you had to was mention corvette and weebs would sperg for 4 days straight?

Stationed in California for now. Lived in Plano and Frisco to be exact. And only problem I had was he reverse not catching and the occasional service traction control soon. Scary shit.

Gotta agree, c4 is my favorite body.

Hmm, never had the reverse issue. I've gotten service traction control several times after really romping on the car. I think the relay was sticking in the abs actuator. It eventually just quit doing it.

Yes, I remember. It was pro and anti corvette people who would sperg uncontrollably.

It's just happening to me but reading it seems like maybe it me that's the issue. I wish I had the targa sometimes but like the styling of the coupe more

I have a short throw and sometimes it's hard getting it into reverse. I just put it in neutral, pump the clutch a couple times and it goes on fine.

Make way for the ultimate C3

Shit, forgot the pic

get proovd

IMO C3>C2>C4>C1>C5>C6>C7 in terms of both looks and how much I like them as a car

>putting on smoked tail light covers with screws

Yeaaaaahh boi I’m about this thread

My lights are shot with ten to one clear/color broski. Come at me.

Wouldn't a non interference engine not do that?

Boomermobile

Greetings fellow boomers,

I have entered retirement just recently and am looking to use my lavish social security and government pension to purchase a fast and brand new sports car to recapture some of that lost mojo if you know what I mean. Many of my fellow friends have bought the Chevrolet Corvette; it's cool and hip and I can definitely see myself cruising along with the wife to Martha's Vineyard in one. Any dealership recommendations? I am looking to purchase a red convertible with an automatic transmission.

Sincerely,
Dr. George L. Milford Sr.

>Aftermarket value springs.
You did that to yourself
Anything that's not an OEM spring doesn't last.
I asked a few companies what their spring lifespan was.
Most were under 10,000 miles.

Hello friends, nice thread, enjoy your corvettes!

hey wait a second
tally?

hi friends!

Yes, but technically if a spring breaks it can still hit. LS engines are interference though.

I didn't put them in. Previous owner did, and they lasted about 50K miles. But at the time I didn't know cammed LS's need springs replaced at maintenance intervals. I do now. Went back with high quality dual springs.

No, not tally

Hello sir