Can someone give me a quick rundown on Park Avenue Ultras?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on Park Avenue Ultras?

Looking to buy one, they are pretty cheap for this generation, and they seem fun enough as a first car.

Looking to pay no more than $2,000. What can I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/2001-buick-lesabre-low-miles/6447745702.html
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/1997-buick-le-sabre/6397953426.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>GM quality

buy a fucking civic faggot

Hell no I ain't buying no shitty clapped out civic, foh boi.

>fun
Depends on what you think is fun. They're not nimble cars but if you want to do a lot of highway cruising they're comfy and have decent grunt. Good for a road trip, sucks for zipping around town.
Also, for $2k you're not going to get an Ultra that's in good condition. If that's you're absolute budget then go with a lower trim model, you'll have fewer problems with it. If you're dead set on an Ultra, and about another $1k to your budget minimum and make sure it's got a full service history.

Don't bother with the Ultra. The L67 will be more expensive to fix if shit with the blower starts to go south. And if you're going to go NA anyway, get a LeSabre. It's almost identical and can be had for cheaper. You can find one with less than 100k for 2-3k if you look hard enough. Above that, I just don't trust previous owners to have done maintenance at the correct intervals and contrary to popular belief, American cars aren't less reliable, they just don't tolerate garbage ass maintenance as well as nip cars do.

t. Put 540k on Buick LeSabre with original engine and trans.

What do you think of this one?

miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/2001-buick-lesabre-low-miles/6447745702.html

Let me scout your local CL and I'll give you a few possibles. And I'll be sure to post a snap of you know I'm not just larping.

Appreciate it m8.

My dad has one of those.

Engine light comes on periodically due to low oil, yet the pan is full. Theres a smell of gas in the engine, vapor leak, have yet to find it. Lug cover came off during a trip. Window failed. Seat broke. AC started leaking. Occasional misfire due to a sensor, plug, wire or coil.

It's been a basket case since he bought it and I warned him against it.

I wish he would have just bought an Accord.

Shit. The one you posted is pretty solid. Make sure you give the valve covers and intake a good look for leaks. Sit in it and let it idle for fifteen minutes or so to see if the auto leveling suspension engages more than once. Those shocks are expensive to replace. Get it up to 50 on a test drive so it locks into OD, and without taking your foot off the gas, tap the brake pedal very slightly and look for OD to disengage. If all that checks out, you should be good.

Did he buy it second-hand or brand new?

Second hand. Grandpa died and his grandaughter was trying to profit from his death.

Car had like 30k miles and looked unused. I was actually really impressed at first, until the problems started.

Oh, and smell the trans fluid for a burnt smell and an overly dark color. Good trans fluid should look like pic related. But the first thing you need to do is a trans service. The interval is 60k and I would almost guarantee you that is hasn’t been done.

miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/1997-buick-le-sabre/6397953426.html
Is also pretty good, if a little old, and they can be a smidge harder to work on if something like the water pump goes south.

I'll check that one out, thanks mate.

Check trans fluid every 60k miles right?

Check it every time you’re under the hood, service the trans, replace filter and fluid every 60k.

Cars that are driven enough can have as many problems as cars that are driven to death. Rubber rot, corrosion, condensing fluids, dried out gaskets, etc.
If Grandad was getting too old to drive his car may have just sit there slowly developing little faults.
I typically am cautious of cars that are 10 or more years old but have less than 50-70k miles on them unless I know they were still maintained regularly and driven once in a while.

Yeah, learned that lesson hard.

I just want a new car some day.

I know all the issues, but a brand new car is a dream of mine. I've always had second hand. Great cars, but second hand.

Only problem is that new cars aren't as reliable as one would think, (focus rs).

Oh, life.

Honestly I'm kind of the opposite, I'd buy a clean certified pre-owned but the depreciation on a brand new car just doesn't make it worth it to me.

I understand.

I bet i know where the gas leak is coming from.

OP, fuck the Le Sabre. Get a Park Ave, theyre much better. Easy to work on, some after market for both NA and SC.

Ive had mine for 4 years now and I love it.

They’re practically the same car.

>Start seeing more posts about used Buicks, Oldsmobiles and Lincolns on Veeky Forums
You fuckers better not start meme-taxing barges, they're my go-to for cheap wheels.

If anything, blame Tyler Hoover for this.

Literally Whoover?

>fun
hahahahahahahaha

It's a good cheap car if you get one from an elderly person that kept it in their garage and maintained it. It's not great on gas, and it is NOT fun. LOL

They are comfortable though, which is why they're so popular with geriatrics who refuse to drive anything that's not American. They're also poplular with blacks, so I'd be careful when shopping for them. I only point that out because unlike their white elderly counterparts, blacks tend to be neglect their cars more than any other race on average. At least that's what every mechanic I've ever talked to has told me.

Yes but the PA feels better to drive. IMO

If you get two cars with the same suspension package, they drive identically. Now the LeSabre was much more common with the Dynaride package and the Ultra I don't think you could even get without the grand touring suspension. Now if you compared a Base Suspension LeSabre with a Gran Touring Park Avenue, they would seem like entirely different cars.

>t. Former Buick Tech

Some newfag just watched the new Hoovie video. He's not welcome here

What's wrong with Hoovie? Apart from being a yellow fever soyboy that is.

are you a meth or heroin addict stealing from your grandmother? or is that just the vibe you're going for?

Ex GF had one all through uni, thing was sketchy at best in terms of everything except that the engine definitely delivered on its supercharged promises. Too bad the thing rusted and rotted thanks to Wisconsin winters. Pretty sure she never once took it on a proper freeway, and I wouldn't have felt good about her doing so. Thing might have hit 55mph once or twice in all the time she owned it, but lived most its life cruising at 35mph or below.

Nice trips. Well that does make sense, Maybe the LeSabre I drove had the base suspension. Either way, inside and out I prefer my PA to the lesabre