Eve online general /eog/

kys kevin

Previous:
>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth.

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg (embed)

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed)

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/structure-improvements-coming-this-august/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/structure-improvements-coming-this-august/

>Goons begin deployment to North
>Lose several dozen rorquals in the meantime
Golden!

>mfw some of them are so retarded they fail to click on their 5 minute literal invulnerability button

>don't rat/mine during ops
>do it
>die
hmm
Won't save you if there's no help.

>ded again

They literally dont care.

Ishkur or Enyo?

comet

>Ares

>try pvp
>blobbed

>try PVE
>blobbed

Nice damage control reply

>try blobbing
>moon mining fleet

didn't mean to quote

>citadel def op
Wew, what fun

>goons
>calling other people shitty

goons have been the best alliance in eve for the past decade

Reported

>mention goons
>immediate asshurt
Lovin this

>fuck off retard
>yes! epic troll!

>mad test shill

>mfw Goons and TEST think they can take on the united north
can't wait for you to feed us these 1300 caps, my Nyx needs killmarks

>united north

it's Goons and TEST vs GOTG/Horde/PL/NC

but doesn't even mention a deployment in the north, it's more like they will third party on test-gotg fights and that's it.

>gays of the gate think they are with pl

>Goons shitting themselves as they pass through Pyne/Raka/Tama because 20 SNUFF/PM are logged in

This 'deployment' aint gonna last long.

>Be in 180 man phoon fleet
>Enter Raka
>Some init retard in a pheonix gets dropped by 20 snuff machs and a solo super
>FC says we have to stay docked for 3 hours until they go away

I don't even know anymore..

>escalating in lowsec

The solution is always shooting the FC, kill his pod and go wild.

Cyclone

>shooting cruises on machs
No

here you go

>GOTG

>Jump into system
>Cyno on overview
>Warp at 80
>Kill rookie ship
>gf in local

>sort isn't also PL

oneiros

what?

PL and Sort Dragon go way back. They might gank some of our Rorqs during peacetime but they have our back when it comes to defending the north

lol

>inb4 thread dies before 100 posts

>inb4 moon mining changes kill lowsec

>killing a dead body

>The capacitor...
>...
>is empty.

kill me

>gotg and ph best buds
>pl not siding with ph

really makes you think

I miss the old voice

how the fuck do people get good at combat scanning

By being good at scanning.

>PANDEMIC
>FUCKING
>HORDE

>test alliance

>goons

Yup, those are the three biggest alliances in the game. Good job guys.

we did it reddit!

>Eve-uni

>PL

>Shadow Cartel

>Everyone flies Machs
>Make special snowflake skin for it
>Sub for 3 months to get it, goys!

Everybody talk about the north, goons-south and drone region, but what about these people in the east-south ? In the edge of Sansha and Angel, are they in some kind of peace ?
I know that Infamous got some problems few months ago but it was an inside job

>somehow Intrepid Crossing still exists

Triumvirate is currently betrayalmurderfucking the rest of Vanguard in Angel space, DRF just acquired a massive slice of space between Vanguard and Sansha space because FCON joined them, and Sansha space is kind of quiet right now.

>literally no typhoons left in jita
Impressive.

>tfw planning on ratting during the mandatory stratop

>tfw woke up and wanted to do a torp typhoon meme
guess il just go to bed

AC tornado

Legion of Exdeath

>FCON

Oneiros

It's xXDEATHXx you stupid amerifag!

>Buy stuff cheap in Jita
>Sell it somewhere else for higher price
>Lowest price in the region
>Shit doesn't sell

How do I into trading?

Did you not check to see if there is any demand for the stuff you're selling in that region?

They sell about 100 units each day. The units sold goes up but stock doesn't go lower even though I'm the lowest seller. I'm probably being undercut for just long enough for the other orders to be fulfilled.

I thought trading was easy.

>Griffin entosis jamming

Detorid

>I thought trading was easy.
Full of bots

whats good about this game

Nothing.

It looks good

There isn't anything else like it really.

that's my reason too

In being able to take territory and manufacture stuff, or in some other way?

Don't sell shit in places no one goes. Stock the market in kinakka or something

multiboxing, I play that game just for that reason

The particular mix of those things and openness of pvp and severity of loss. It's not like there are NO games with similar mechanics, but that there are no games that have the particular mixture and ratio that makes this game interesting in the first place.

griefing

It's really just about how much control players have over the things that happen in the game. Right now there's a lot of action starting up and it's because players are doing something, not because the devs added a new raid or something.

>you have to exit the client to change chars on the same acc

oneiros

do all WH gas sites spawn enemies?

Check market data on items to see if they move fast enough and at what prices to make it worth trading.

Volume tells you how much of the item is being traded in the region. High volume is high demand; low low, obviously.
Median day price (Yellow dot and attached white line (if any) helps you determine whether the item is being bought or sold; generally a high median day price means the majority of transactions went to sell orders (taking items off the market), whereas a low median price means the majority of transactions went to buy orders. The white line that accompanies the yellow dot tells you in which direction the price change have moved. Sometimes you'll see a long white line above a medium to low yellow dot, this means the prices started high and dropped (maybe someone bought a hugely inflated item on the fringe of the region). You can check this by hovering over the yellow median day marker and comparing the pop up ISK amount to the actual sell/buy orders. More often than not it'll be close to one of the extremes.

A very high median day price means people are willing to pay top ISK, but it also means there will be many selling the item so you'll have a lot of competition. You can check the time remaining on market orders to help determine how many active competitors you have at any one time if you're so inclined.

The red Donchian channel, I think, is just an 'at a glance' version of the Median day price. I don't find it very useful at all and often notice it seems to display wrong data in that it's a 5 day average and doesn't respond fast enough to daily changes in market activity. I guess its for long term traders.

I've read that there are ways people can manipulate market data for certain means, but I don't know how to spot this. I've noticed strange behavior but have never been able to put two and two together, so to speak.

I'm by no means a market fag, this is just what I've bothered to learn and it seems to work for me.

Occasionally I'll see a large sell order placed thats significantly lower than the current market price and it forces down the price as people compete. I don't know why anyone would do this other than to fuck with people; maybe someone can explain?

>I just tried refreshing the thread by pressing v

I'm in a WH in-game

Thank you, based market user.