Why do you want to work for us?

>why do you want to work for us?

Why can't I just say I need a job? Even if it sounds cliched, its just the honest truth. Why do I need to make up some bullshit lie to justify why I need a job with this company whom I never heard of until they responded to my CV through sheer chance out of 1000s of applicants?

have you attempted telling them the simple truth?

i'm broke nigga i'm broke

I don't know if I want to work for you or not. The point of this interview is to find that out.

into the trash it goes

if you aren't creative enough to bullshit on such a minimal level, then you wouldn't be a good employee anyway.

He actually wants to get hired, though.

I feel your pain bro.

That's fine I was mainly after the free plane ticket.

The point of the question is that they're checking you've bothered to do some research about the company before the interview.

Because you're trying to prove you're more than a mindless 9-5 drone, content to do the bare minimum so you can drink away your existential depression on the weekends and waste your paychecks on vidya and weed.

Want to get recognized? Show initiative, demonstrate you know about the company you're applying for, show some drive and desire beyond the material goal of a paycheck, and show you're more than just another waste of space.

But isn't everyone just a 9-5 depressed drone? Only a few motivated people through sheer dedication or circumstances ever make it to the top.

This is very simple. Imagine you aren't a piece of shit. You have several offers from different employers, and you need to pick. They're assuming that you have other outstanding offers. Why did you opt to pick them? What made the position attractive?

Answer from a position of strength. Act like you have more going for you than you do. Hit on several things; then let them know that they were the most attractive. Nobody wants to bring the fat girl home from the bar. That's why this question exists. My standard has always been that there wasn't enough room for advancement at the other offers I'd received. It shows ambition and an acknowledgement of your own worth.

Why can't I just say I need a coin? Even if it sounds cliched, its just the honest truth. Why do I need to make up some bullshit lie to justify why I need a coin from OP whom I never heard of until he responded to my approach through sheer politeness.

I actually did that when I was looking for a sidejob while in college at a supernarket:

> Why do you want to work here?
> I want to make some extra money to pay my student loans.
> I actually expected some sort of motivational story.
> Dude, this is a supermarket
> Hmmm, I see... I'll call you later
And I was hired

You are in competition with people (like me) that don't just work for a salary, but need to be successful at their job because that gives them a feeling of accomplishment. Why would an employer hire you over someone who will do anything to succeed?

Personally i don't even have to lie when i get asked that question

just lol at reducing yourself to wagecucking

neet + 300 bucks off internet money > wagecuck

legit this lol

as if the commutewagecucks in here are any different

>Why can't I just say I need a job?

There was a time where I was unemployed for 2 years. This was obvious if you looked at my resume

I had a round of several interviews at various places. I cared about some of the jobs and I didn't care about some of the jobs, but all of the ones I interviewed for paid within the range I was aiming at. After about 10 interviews, it became apparent that the more I wanted the job, the more nervous I was

During this round of about 15 different interviews, we get to the job that, frankly, I don't even want, it just pays the amount that I am looking for and I think the work would be something that I don't hate. During this specific interview, I have absolutely 0 fucks. I wasn't nervous at all, and because I didn't even want this job, I answered all of the questions in ways that you aren't "supposed" to answer them

>Why do you want this job?
>>"Honestly, I just need a job, and if you tell me to do something I will do it"

This interview was the only one where I was offered the job. I apparently failed the other interviews. Maybe they appreciated the honesty, I dunno

The theory is that you are a popular, in-demand person, that is sought by many companies and you CHOOSE them.

So you would say what about their job and company you think would be good for you.

>Imagine you aren't a piece of shit

You lost me there bud

>Is there some reason that I shouldn't that nobody has told me?

I did that
>go to interview
>so user, why do you want this job
>I need money to eat andpay bills so I dont get evicted
>you tell me what to do and I'll do it the best I can
>fair enough, you're hired

That was it, interview barely lasted 10 minutes