New supra will have a BMW engine

>new supra will have a BMW engine

Dropped

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/porsche-911-gt3-suffers-from-faulty-connecting-rod-fasteners-engines-will-be-replaced/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It looks good though

supra was never angery, satan

Doesnt look very angery to me desu.
Looks really clean.

It looks like a fat Ferrari Enzo reacting to a peanut allergy.

Ehm, new supra is/will entirely be a bmw except for the suspension tuning. Get over it.

What does that even mean? It's brand new and in a promotional photo, of course it's clean.

>the car that used to rival the corvette has now been demoted to rivaling the camaro at bast
sad

t.

it would look better with TE37s. soon.

GT86 entirely Subaru
Supra entirely BMW

Is Toyota getting out of the care game?

LC is 100% Toyota. Poorfags BTFO

So that means it will be unreliable and expensive??? Why not just buy an M3 and call it a day. At least you get the badge to whore around with, well deserved in an M series not like the posers in the M-package or non M BMW's.

>So that means it will be unreliable and expensive??

No.

When referring to old cars it means externally it looks in excellent condition referring to everything visible, not just the paint.
When referring to something new generally it means there is not much getting in the way of appreciating the cars body work, like badges. I think he just means the car has nice flowing lines and he likes the way it looks. From that angle I may be inclined to agree

Kids probably want a meme tier car like the Supra® than a generic BEEEMVEE

>people who like the Supra want a Supra and not a BMW
Really makes you think.

It looks fucking awful

They aren't hybrids

looks like a fuckn lexus

They just don't want to deal with your meme cars

Toyota's design and marketing teams are fucking retards.
Rich weeb retards are obsessed with their older meme mobiles so why not just take the old supra and bring it up to standards and regulations?
It would sell like hotcakes because muh JDM.
It doesn't even matter what you put inside, as long as it looks JUST like the old Supra, make the lights LED and voilla!
Boyracers,soyboys and rich weebs would love it!
This new design looks like a fat Tesla roadster - which is already an ugly faggot car.

Pop ups will never come back sadly

>2017
>top of the line
>4.6 sec 0-60
>471 hp

>new Supra will have an I6
picked up

Because BMW is the only manufacturer on earth that can still build a GOOD inline 6.
Toyota could have used their own V6 too but then you'd complain even more.

>Toyota's design and marketing teams are fucking retards
this. putting the corolla frowny face on everything is boring. I liked it when the sports toyotas looked totally different to everything else and all got their own special badges. They also dropped the ball by not calling the LC500 the SC500. Just changing one letter in the name would make 90% of the "problems" with that car go away.

So it's going to be an unreliable piece of shit? Great.

So basically now it will be unreliable and stupid expensive to fix.

Why not just buy a bimer at that point?

toyota themselves acknowledge that they can't build a proper sports car engine anymore.

LC = LS coupe

No.
They're putting the new V35A-FTS 3.4 liter twin turbo V6 from the 2018 LS500 in it. Not a BMW powerplant.

>V6 supra
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
JDM is dead.

Resembles a sc400 more than an LS.
>two door
>overweight
>slow
>handles worse than an SUV
>comfy as fuck

>V6 GTR
>V6 Ford GT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Both of them are garbage cars too.
Last good jap car is LFA.

>new Supra will have a BMW engine
Thank god.

Whats the deal with this? On one hand, one of the Toyota suits said the Supra will not just be a hard top version of the BMW Z and will be much different. But on the other hand, there are documents that show its shipping with BMW engines.

severely under-square, why?

Of course satan would think this disfigured heap of cowshit look good.

mclaren f1 and the rolls royce phantom both have bmw motors, both are regarded as two of the best cars ever built. bmw might such at maintaining a company philosophy but they do not suck at building motors

What is the source of this?

So it’s going to sound great and have good power? Awesome

torque

Yes.

>85.5mm bore
>100mm stroke

What is this shit 6k rpm max?

How is this bad, BMW make one of the best sport cars.

Prediction: it will cost twice as much as a camaro and be twice as slow

and be twice as reliable and have twice the build quality

>bmw
>reliable

kek

Literally anything is more reliable than gm shit

*except literally all german british and italian cars

No exceptions, gm has the worst build quality in the entire industry next to hyundai

Yes, but the "S" in "SC" is supposed to be for "sport." They're saving SC for something actually sporty.

They're doing it right.

Nope. chrysler and ford have worse build quality than Chevy. Those makers as well as all European makers are less reliable than gm as well.
You must be new to cars and really young if you don't know this already.

Are you from the 90s? Toyota has been out of the car game for decades. All they make is econoboxes based on their designs from the Bronze Age. Their lone sports car is mostly Subaru.

as someone that loves both sides with an unbiased opinion
bmw doesn't fuck around with engines,the n54 was admittedly a bad engine (that got fixed)
i would take this supra/z4 over any camaro that's an ss or lower,ss 1le and higher and you're getting a lot more car for the money
german boogeyman memes are 95% of the time from people who bought an offloaded expensive luxury car and couldn't afford to maintain it properly

>chrysler and ford have worse build quality than Chevy.
Kek, delusional GM cucks. Ford is leagues ahead of GM.

you don't actually believe this do you
i'd much rather have beaners and rednecks assemble my car over chinks

The car is ugly as fuck.
I wish they would make it fun and practical looking like the GT86, and less self-driven-spaceship-lookalike.

I mainly hate the fact that the continuing windows remind me of the disproportional look of a GT-R...

>GM cucks
Lmao

never owned a gm car
i do however have experience with ferds and it was not an enjoyable experience

Liar liar pants on fire

wow cool OP tell us something we didnt already conjure from almost a fucking year ago
sick news bro

hi, 17 year master tech here.

Ford is miles and miles ahead of GM. Build quality, technology, styling and value are above GM in every quantifiable way.

Chrysler is also gaining more momentum than GM in this regard as a result of their European partnerships.

Lol

Since like last year in May, we all knew the Supra would be coming in three different engines:

>Inline 4 turbo
>BMW B58
>Toyota V6 + Hybrid tech

Watch. This is exactly how it will turn out, the Hybrid system won't be out the same year it'll be introduced. Will also be sold under the new 'Gazoo Racing' and not Toyota. All these rumors have been circulating for years. Veeky Forums is still stuck on 2 year old rumors of an auto only and a turbo V6 only.

the rumors were so true it wasnt even a meme Toyota has been working with BMW on the supra engine and of course was going to use it in their "sister" drivetrain this is news thats not new why the fuck is this a first page thread i havent read any of the comments but im more than sure some are always talking about how its related to the "z"s of the W's and not the nissans as i WISH THE FUCKING Z WOULD GET A GOD DAMN NEW ENGINE AND PLATFORM AFTER ALMOST 10 YEARS OF THE SAME FUCKING VQ37HR INSTEAD OF FUCKING AROUND WITH THE GOD DAMN SHIT ASS Q'S IN THE INFINITI MODELS FUCKKKKK

hi, 17 year master tech here again

gm is better than ford and i ate a pile of cow dicks for breakfast

Ford is obviously miles ahead of GM are you shitting me? yet AGAIN someone retarded on the board arguing with someone over ford being better than GM hey heres some news ya cunt take a LS motor block and then put a ford cylinder block on it HOLY SHIT WHOA ITS ALMOST LIKE THEY MATCH UP IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT CYLINDER HEAD YOU NEED THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDNT EVEN BE DEBATING THIS WITH A STRAIGHT RETARD even fucking chevy has to take ideas from ford and put it into their "god almight perfect for your shit ass crappy ass fucking horrible value yyooooo bro in the straights your fast but ill keep up with you in the corners type fucking shit ass miata mx5 LS swap loving chevy faggots who think the LS is a monster motor idea that CHEVY made on up on their own HAHAHA yeah sure ya fuck now go on jizz all over the 1JZ sequantial match and 2j zed non sequantial match that you think is so fucking godly"
0/10 your master tech knowledge is probably pretty good but this thread is gay if you really liked cars and really wanted another supra and kept up with EVRYTHING you wouldve known this WHOEVER DIDNT is a poser faggot and didnt give a fuck to begin with

nigga you are missing the point. BMW uses the same god damn components across various cars and its no different from this new supra, at least in one of the available trims. it's annoying as shit. b58 engine? zf 8 speed tranny? wow, so basically like the m240i? might as well include every other n54 and n55 car too since it's basically the same shit. 335i, 135i, the list goes on. this new supra in the b58 trim is a fucking meme

lol AE86 initial D hes really hurt guys he read something and then learned and then said WHOA I KNOW WAY MORE THAN THIS GUY
KEK sure you do,,,,,, sure you doooooo

not even ae86 he loves the ae85 SOHC because budget boosting but not realizing the triangle of cheap.power,reliability is something you can only have all three of unless you spend six figures of money you faggot

i found op guys

From the company that brought us the Prius, yes, they should get out of the car game, especially the performance car game. It definitely is no GTR.

4.6 s is SLOWWWW by today's standards.

but handle like a mini van. great.

This. my GT3 redlines at 9K. Porsche or go home.

dumbass. who throws a sharp tool box in an aluminum bet truck, and doesnt already have a bed liner?

the honda s2k redlines at 9 are you fucking retarded as if running your car to redline in every model you should already realize there are cars that have peaks and huge downs of TQ/HP numbers when going thousands above that take the celica GTS for example you can raise its rev limiter to over 8K but does it actually help anything performance wise no it does not sooooooooo
take your gt3 and shove it up your ass

No. Subaru built the 86's engine just as BMW built the Supra's engine. There is far more to a car than the engine, especially with something like the GT86. Plus, even if Subaru / BMW designed everything, Toyota still had to OK it which means they know what makes a car good.

>excuses

Nice bait

>lexus

BMW struck a deal with Toyota to build the engine for the new Supra. The "deal" is that because in will have a BMW engine, people worry how much "toyota" will actually be in the Supra.

BMW manufacture among the most temperamental performance engines in the entire industry. Why Toyota aren't utilizing their own engines, known for their typical ease of maintenance, general high build quality, and solid power output is beyond me. This is a terrible idea.

>citation needed

BMW engines aren't more tempermental than porsche, benz, nissan etc.
It's just that bmw has the biggest enthusiast following worldwide therefore bmw engines are the most talked about.

>BMW engines aren't more tempermental than porsche
Porsche is the one reliable western brand.

2015 GT3, 15,000 hard track miles (avg. 1:35 at laguna seca). not so much as a burp. trading in for 991.2 and old car still has 85,000 miles of engine warranty for the next owner. beat that with any other brand....crickets.

That doesnt mean porsche engines are non problematic.
IMS bearings, stumble issues, bad pressure valves, multiple GT3 engine recalls etc.

After having the engine replaced it better be reliable.
blog.caranddriver.com/porsche-911-gt3-suffers-from-faulty-connecting-rod-fasteners-engines-will-be-replaced/

Didn't say it did, even Toyota and Lexus engines aren't perfect. I'm simply saying that claiming Porsche and BMW engines are in the same league reliability wise is just false.

BMWs have VANOS solenoids going bad, bad water pumps, bad turbos, rod bearings.
BMW engines are great, there is a reason bmw is the most tracked car brand on earth.

im sure you could always do better on that crest up 150 short and then s down crest dont lie to me user you dont do well on that corner into a long left 4-5 to start

This is a stupid load of shit.

Also that's some dumbass render

Wtf is wrong with you people.