What's the cleanest your car has ever been? (not including for the first 1000 miles)

what's the cleanest your car has ever been? (not including for the first 1000 miles)

did a +8 hour, 2-day wash, clay, polish, and multiple seal treatment a few years back

After I bought the monthly unlimited "premium" car wash at Mister Car Wash was when my car looked the cleanest.
Comes with under body wash, wax, some kind of "protective spray," and tire wash/shine.
Went through it five times at one location and another five at a different one in the same day in my shitty little Prizm that has 310k miles on it.
Damn thing looked almost middle class good by the end of the fifth wash.

you could've done this at home for way cheaper and be done in an hour.

It only set me back $30 + the gas to drive through them.
But you're right... Guess I just wanted to see how far I could take it and "abuse" the membership. Used it everyday after that too, on the way to and back from work.

Kind of on topic, but can anyone recommend me some good car wax?

4h washing, clay baring and waxing. The wax was useless shit from Poland.

I buffed and hand waxed this entire truck.

Never again.

Well, probably again but it fucking sucked.

bumping potentially quality thread

Not very because I'm not some autist who spends 40 hours a week detailing my shitbox. Clean cars just attract attention.

Day before I put it in a car show I spend six hours cleaning, degreasing, clay baring and waxing all by hand. The day after the car show I put it through a big mud hole trying to get a truck out. Atleast it was shiny for a day.

I like the Meguiars gold class carnauba paste wax.

ceramic coating is goat

I want to hit it with a clay bar but it's 2rainy at the moment.

uneducated question: whats the problem with claybar and rain?

rainwater isn't clean and the bar I have needs lube or it'll just rub the clearcoat off

a couple months after getting mine new i did a full compound and polish and wax after sanding out some light key marks on one door, now i live in an apartment and dont have access to regular washing besides self service car washes.

The cleanest my car has ever been was when I was road tripping for two months and basically lived in it.
Cars get pretty funky on long road trips so I was really religious about cleaning, vacuuming and deodorizing.

nice job user, you almost never see any catfish camaros that don't have horrible paint issues like faling clearcoat and such. dont fall for the carnauba meme, get a good sealant

go to those self car washes at night were you can enjoy some peace and quiet while detailing away

yeah it's not bad for being a 95 with 160xxx. Has a few spots that are concerning me, and I've been slacking on waxing it because there's been a ton of repaving on my street and every fucking morning I wake up to go see my beautiful white f-body a few shades darker and splotchier from all the tar and dust mixing with dew falling from the trees above.

Had some cock do this not too long ago.

My car is always clean, I wash it once a week.

It rains on it sometimes. I try to keep the interior as clean as possible, though.

aaaaaaand you have an Enzo and drive it like that

Protip: he doesn't actually have an Enzo.

damn i'd be so pissed, did that all come off with a compound?

> What is a used orbital buffer with a couple soft heads?

99% of it. You wouldn't know that had happened if you didn't know where to look already. Ultimately there's a slight gash a couple inches long and maybe half a centimeter wide where it's down to the primer

Before my first date with my now-fĂ­ance. I was picking her up and made my shitbox autistically clean to compensate for the fact it was a shitbox. We shared our first kiss just outside it, had sex for the fist time in it, and I taught her how to drive in it. I totaled it last year in the winter rains, driving on bald tires and no sleep. My fault completely. Rust in peace old friend, your memory lives on.