Is there anything more disgusting than fake leather?

Is there anything more disgusting than fake leather?

The whole point of leather is that it's
>Natural
>Smells great
>Feels soft to your skin
>is comfy
>develops character over time

fake leather is fucking cancerous, stinky hard vinyl that leeches toxicity and has NO place in any luxury car, let alone one that claims its "The best or nothing"

Other urls found in this thread:

climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/67/12/1026/4605229#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

leather is shit anyway, i absolutely hate my leather interior and wish it were cloth or alcantara

>alcantara
68% polyester and 32% polyurethane

>develops character over time
>Looks like shit over time

Be the original owner and take flawless care of it or don't fucking bother. Not worth.

>Audi

Only shit leather becomes cracked below 200k miles

>cloth

I bet even the leather rattles in an Audi.

>stinky hard vinyl that leeches toxicity and has NO place in any luxury car,
Ironic you say that, because all Luxury cars used vinyl. Ever wonder why the backs and sides of your leather seat looks and feels different? It's vinyl.

>old car seats look gross
wow, did you just figure that out?

Yet your leather cleans easily.

buying leather restore and hoping it fixes all the cracks and old lady smell is way more annoying than renting a steam cleaner and returning cloth seats to a factory state in an afternoon

But what about all the places where cloth wears smooth and develops fur balls and threads. Cleaning won't fix that.

I like fake leather more because it's more durable and doesn't pollute the environment as much to make.

the same can be said about leather, leather will crack often times so bad that leather restore cant fix it, let alone rips from wear which cost more to get reupholstered than replacing a cloth seat

Nigger, plastics are derived from petroleum

I can't imagine how many more chemicals are used in the production of fake leather versus just killing and skinning a cow.

>a cow
Annually each cow emits more greenhouse causation (by methane a powerful greenhouse gas) than a heavy-duty semi truck.

There are more durable textiles than leatherette, but fake leather is made to look like real leather, it's like having fake vents and a fake exhaust, you can fool normies but you can't fool yourself

>all cows in the world

>As much as one truck

wew lad

emissions from livestock are a major contributor to climate change
this

it's just fucking plastic, it could be recycled if you really wanted to.

read the post again you retard
one cow's emissions have the same effect as one semi truck because while the cow may fart less than the diesel burns fuel, the diesel exhaust is ultimately cleaner than the methane coming from the cow's ass.

I just like having as many non-porous surfaces as possible.

MUH CLIMATE CHANGE

Yeah.
climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

>have "leatherette seats"
>have to carry a towel around to put in the seat otherwise I'd develop swap ass

I hate it

Just turn on the seat coolers user.

>auto is300

my s4 had that interior color

smelled great, was nice and soft etc. beautiful interior. i miss it

>methane coming from the cow's ass.
The majority of the greenhouse emissions from cattle is via methane burps through the mouth. Unlike humans, cattle have what is effectively four stomachs. That's where most of the methane is generated. Thus the mouth is the shortest path outwards for the methane.

its wonderful stuff desu

It's the right mix for both surface and underlayment strength in all temperatures. The problem remains ultraviolet exposure, but tinted windows and a shade for the front windshield reduces that problem.

>its wonderful stuff desu
It still suffers from people who wear abrasive clothing and slide in and out of the driver seat. The classic problem spot for alcantera seat material is at the left side of the driver seat near the hinge. Over time, that alcantera spot is prone to wear through from any and all stiff or rough clothing fabrics sliding across it.

>smelled great
Unlike plastic type surfaces, leather absorbs the cleaning and renewal liquid and then releases it as vapors over time for that nice smell. That can't be done with vinyl which isn't absorbent.

Until I see proper full grain leather being used, it might as well all be the same

Should we replace ice cows with electric cows?

U climate change cucks are so human centric

The earth is a system, it can handle any chemical biosphere change

If water became battery acid there would be species of plants and animals that would emerge and thrive

Muh climate change retards are just hollywood jews ans literal liberal cucks who are just worried about their own lives

MUH CLIMATe changez

>not using seat covers

Seat covers are amazingly overpriced.
You also need to verify if they are lined underneath or else they will continue to abrade each time they shift position as the driver moves about in the seat.

leather is fake vinyl

A lot of seats have airbags in the bolsters. So seat covers don't cover those up. If the purpose of the seat cover was to reduce abrasive wear to the bolsters when sliding in/out of the car, some other means needs to be done. I've seen some chinese-made seat covers sold online that didn't take into account that side impact airbags come out.

My escalade seats are leather all around.

this
I have no idea whatsoever why everyone wants leather in their car except maybe because it's expensive

>I have no idea whatsoever why everyone wants leather in their car
Because people can't pass the cleanliness requirements that cloth requires. Because it doesn't absorb food grease, food particles, bodily fluids, or spilled drinks. It can be wiped off (ignoring that leather has pores). Cloth holds grease, bodily fluids sink through it to soak into the padding and remain there forever, and cloth shows dirt that requires more effort to remove than simply wiping off.

I am more comfortable on cloth and because it breathes, I don't sweat a lot like on leather seats. I am also scrupulously clean, so cloth is ideal for me. Importantly, I don't stain my underwear, so sitting on cloth is not a problem as it would be with people who regularly stain their underwear and have shit particles eventually travel through the cloth into the padding.

LOL
the whole point of leather is its supple upon your buttocks.
BUT to keep leather that way you need to feed it and maintain it so it remains supple or it cracks and dries out because you are sitting on dead (coloured) cow skin (the more premier cars like lamborghini uses bulls leather as less imperfections)

did mention why vinyl was invented? its cheap to make and doesnt require constant maintenance like leather does.

just remember this about leather what does it do in summer? yup heats up and burns your ass. or in some corners it slip and slides you around.

Indeed. I paid like 300 for mine and climbed inside one while the guy at the store was installing them to check out the lining

Is there an online vendor you especially recommend?

Get it from an actual car parts store and they’ll install it for you

>unironically enjoy leather
My sweaty ass in summer prefers cloth, because at least it absorbs sweat and doesn't make me swim in a puddle.

>I am also scrupulously clean

twink trap or soyboy

It absorbs your sweat, just like a napkin. Except you don't throw away the seats. You just have to live with sweat-soaked bacteria-festered seats for the life of the vehicle, whereas I endure the sweat for 5 minutes until my AC kicks in and my clothes absorb the sweat (Instead of the seats) which I then wash when I get home.

Don't do this

Damp wipe is all you should ever do to a cloth seat.

>c class 2014 seat "bleeding effect"

The idea was that with some sort of coating the seats become for soft to the touch and due to extreme climate changes lets say today is 35° but yesterday was 10° the coating starts fall off

Leather is good if you take the very high end one with heated/vent seats and also taking constant care for it.

Audi leather from that era top tier if its cleaned and conditioned at least every 3yrs
Never seen fake leather but I guess that's the cheap looking shit in GMs and other burger cars. Leather is nice but personally I have nothing against quality cloth. For some reason I like the cloth seats in 80s and 90s vag cars but the seats in current shitboxes like škoda is disgusting.

academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/67/12/1026/4605229#

>Damp wipe is all you should ever do to a cloth seat.
No, when they need cleaning, they need cleaning. Otherwise, the grunge just soaks deeper down. The goal is to vacuum occasionally with a strong enough vacuum to suck some of the smallest particles back out from where they fell through the cloth onto the padding. And if dirty from sugary or spilled greasy&oily substances, a spot cleaning machine is best.

I love worn out leather seats. So comfy

But all American cars are upsold with the premium leather option which in reality is almost vinyl.

Cloth is always better.

>character
Muh passion muh soul.

And real leather beats fake leather in durability.

>.gov

>saving the seats for the next person

>planning on selling your car, ever

Deep cleaning pulls nastiness from the foam and worse case scenario I might go very damp wipe (always with mild detergent first pass, water the last) and apply suction to pull out what could be from the cloth but getting any more than a miniscule amount of liquid into the foam is just asking for permanent discoloration and uneccessary