drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

first for fuck lucifer

first for my WIFE YURIA!!!

>every attack is telegraphed and fair
>healthpool isn't retardedly high so the fight is never long enough to be boring
>handful of AI quirks that make shitters change up their strategy
So what's the argument against Raime being a great boss? He's not hard, but all of the Souls bosses that are actually difficult either have too much HP (Ancient Dragon) or are pure gimmick (Bed of Chaos).

Tripfags aren't /dsg/ material. Piss poor OP.

Based ENB has returned to Souls and to deliver us from evil.

He uses ugly weapons.

>giving it attention

How to add add poise into DaS3 without breaking the game's balance too terribly
>100% weight limit also turns on ds1 style poise
>100% weight no longer restricts players to walking speed but stop players from sprinting, rolling and backstepping still do not work.
>150% weight is now the walking speed weight.
>Limit stamina regen by -30% instead of the -20% modifier that you get from being over 70% weight
What changes would you make to this?

>Fume Straight Sword
>Ugly
kys

So how bitter is he about his ex doing what she did?

Is DS3 actually bad? I was thinking of buying it for the coming winter sale.

it's not a bad game, some people are just assblasted that is isn't DaS1 2.0 or DaS2 2.0

It's very pretty and controls well (character movement is quite fluid), but it's also very linear and lacking in build diversity. And the main reason for buying it is for the PvP, which is still active but has begun to decay somewhat.

>fume ss
>ugly

Its Bloodborne 0.25

Silver Knight Spear > Black Knight Halberd

do you guys bother doing patches and siegwards quest to save greirat during irithyll on subsequent plays? do you bother progressing with anri A or B quests after doing them on one character?

But it basically is DaS1 2.0, that's the main reason people complain about it.

Why would you not? Patches sells you stuff that the Handmaid doesn't, Siegward gives you one of the game's 15 Slabs and Greirat gives you Exploding Bolts at the end of his questline.

my shit>>yours

Its just a huge step down from DS2 outside of graphics. They pretty much removed all the things that made DS2 good.

Planning to make another des run
Is there a decent set that female mage can wear? Except witch one
Retard who hates das2 is shitter
Wow, how surprising

>liking raisin-skinned snake-worshiping harlots
Have fun being wrapped around her little finger, "Our Lord."

Always, mainly because there's always a chance that I'll need to repurchase something they sell, either to have copies for trading, copies for different infusions, more arrows, etc;

Granted, I kill patches the second I get his gesture and the coin on every playthrough, but still

I did. After the 5th playthrough I just enable "access all inventory"

I know opinions are subjective and therefore can't be correct/incorrect, but you are blatantly wrong and likely retarded.

Zweihander > Silver Knight Spear

>tfw enjoy dark souls 2 and 3 but always disproportionately shit on 3 and defend 2 because 3 didn't get a big enough backlash

The funny part is that the people who complain about dks 3 are always the same people who enjoyed dks 2, when the biggest problems with 3 is that it has tons of similarities to 2's. Dks 3 used a similar poise mechanic to 2, but people complain that 2 had a better poise mechanic even though it didn't even fucking work. Dks 3 made pvp more "accessible" by butchering the skill ceiling compared to 1, something that 2 also did but everybody defended fucking 2's braindead pvp.

Dks 3 added 2 hit combos, something that's also exclusive to 2. Everybody defended dks 2's 2 hit combos despite being far worse, with cancerous shit like 5 hit combos up to infinite stunlocks with no additional button presses required beyond "R1 a few more times". Dks 3's invasions completely ruined invaders but at least a skilled player can fight back and sometimes kill a host. In 2, you basically lost if the host even had a single summon because you had no access to heals beyond spells, mobs could be permanently against you and some invasion areas were completely off limits because the outsourced programmers didn't even bother to think about invaders. Still people defended dks 2's invasions over 3's.

t. shitter

Dark Souls 2 has better DLC.

Halberd shitters mad as fuck.

get filtered

the DLC for 2 is top tier

I've killed Nito, and explored the catacombs and TotG pretty thoroughly but I still haven't found Vamos.

how can it be any worse than ds2?

It's closer to Das1 than Das2 but it's missing all the genuinely good things from both, that's why people hate on it.
What we got:
>2hit stuns and hyperarmor
>linear world with some optional zones tossed in
>rehashed characters and underthought references
>+1, +2, +3 rings
What we missed:
>Poise
>World Design
>Powerstancing
>Reasons to do more than one playthrough on a character

Interacts counterintuitively with the vitality stat, it would need to be a modifier to armour poise calculated via flat weight.

Very.

>halberd shitter filtered me
Quality of replies to me just increased significantly.

DS2 has way more variety, DS3 is pretty much like Bloodborne with the amount of playthrough variety.

>same poise mechanic
Lie
Das3 used des mechanic aka no poise at all, so fast weapons is always better
Das2 used limited poise, and you needed both fast and strong enough weapon to break poise, this is why enchanted estoc became a meme
>impossible to win against host with summon
Literally git gud, nothing else to say
There were hundreds of ways to fight that was removed from das3, like urns
> infinite stunlocks with no additional button presses required beyond "R1 a few more times".
Straight up lie
It's like you never played game

The SKS is a better weapon, it looks better, has more reach, is faster and is easier to acquire.

The zweimemer is not a good weapon

DaS1 > DeS >= BB > DaS3 > > > > > DaS2.

You mean in terms of builds, or game routes?

Both actually.

But bloodborne is fun to play through again
Das3 isn't

To be fair, nothing so far has matched the world design of DaS1, only Bloodborne has come even remotely close. And power-stancing, as fun as it was, was a pain to balance (Helixodon, anyone?) and most of the movesets for most of the weapons were utter shit (BKUGS in DaS2 pales in comparison to what it's capable of in 1 and 3). Switching to paired weapons and WAs, which completely killed customization, at least reduced the complexity of balance.

At the least we didn't get Soul Memory again, though I do wish the covenants were better executed.

would you think 1.5X modifier is good as the max? and should the modifier be a constant .00505*Level, or would should it fall off like the effect of most stats?

>> infinite stunlocks with no additional button presses required beyond "R1 a few more times".
>Straight up lie
You obviously didn't play on release.

I didn't get that feeling, nothing to me felt as powerful as a str build

not him, but occasionally unstaggered r1 spam manages to stunlock me for 4 hits
may just be latency chaining together the first and second pair though

>2 hit stuns being a good thing
>listing "hyper armor" as an added mechanic and "poise" as a missed mechanic in the same comment
????
>Powerstancing
Powerstance always brought cancerous combos that did 1800 hp in 3 swings, and almost every combo was patched out of the game. There was no reason to powerstance two different weapons because it looked stupid half the time anyway, and most players who used powerstance did it with 2 of the same weapon.

What's the deal with DS1 and all these fucking narrow walkways? The AI can't even navigate it without falling to their deaths.

what name and sliders should i use for my 99 dex build?

this, 2hit stun is bullshit
My strengthshitter builds only need to fool people into two poor decisions to get a kill when it should be 3-4

> world design of DaS1
It was trash and from stopped bothering with second half, all levels were shit
Not as bad as das3 levels, but still pretty bad
>At the least we didn't get Soul Memory again
And this is a bad thing
All soulsborne games increased summoning pools compared to the previous game in the series, which peaked in bloodborne with 40+/- blood level
Das3 literally regressed back to the des range for no reason at all

When they don't fall off it leads to some very tense gameplay.
A lot of attacks, particularly those with big weapons like the Zwei, move the player a little bit, and that unintentional movement is spooky.

The DLCs are the only reason why I still play it from time to time.

Why doesn't your Estus have more reinforcements? First timer or something?

>be poiseboi
>straight up redpill the whole /dsg/ and dsg's discord
>now everybody is talking about poise and laughing at hyperfag shitters :D
LOL EBIN

DaS2 only had one decent DLC.

Is this it, /dsg/? Is this the ultimate contrarian shitpost?
Not only does he shit on the world design of DaS1, but he claims SM is good!
I can only imagine the rigors you must undergo to perform such stupendous mental gymnastics.

Dks 3 poise was a combination of des hyper armor and 2's poise, with just improved values. 2's poise was nearly identical, you could hyper armor things with your greathammer even if you were wearing rags, but the PvP poise values were so fucked that full havels + greathammer gave you just enough poise to hyper armor through a onehanded straightsword R1, but only if the straightsword user hit with the tip of the weapon and didn't get the 3x extra poise damage.
>stunlocks didn't exist
Tanimura shuffle took a century to patch, then we had greatsword/lance infinites for a few more weeks. Greatswords still have the 5 hit combo that can be confirmed through a running R1. Running R1s should never combo into anything because they're the easiest kind of attack to land. Powerstance daggers still have a 5 hit combo that can be confirmed from a rolling R1, katanas still combo with running r1 -> r1 -> r1, straight swords still combo with rolling r1 -> r1 -> r1. dks 3 did it right by making it so only standing R1s/L1s and R2s had combos, because they were the more difficult ones to land. Imagine if dks 3's chaos blade could fucking combo from a running R1, people would be dealing 800+ damage combos at SL 80 with no effort.

>having bigger online player pool is bad
Wow
I bet you heard this epic meme here, on Veeky Forums and decided to shitpost everywhere with it, right?

There is no "A-Team" or "B-Team", and what you're really asking for is "Miyazaki's creative team with DS2's developers" which is exactly what DS3 is.

Most of the people who worked on DS1 were fired (rightfully so), except for the creative leads like Miyazaki. DS3 is basically all of DS2 and BB's lead developers working together, the only DS1 influence comes from the fact that BB's creative team was largely made up of DeS/DS1's creative.

SL 120 has a bigger pool than SM every will.

have to put in a safety feature to stop quickstep poise monsters, no iframes at all, not just stopping rolling

I think you replied to the wrong post, friend.
I liked the unlimited upwards range of invasions in DS1

And to really add salt in the wound they fucking made it so most ultras can combo the second hit into the third hit on the later patches, so an UGS can just mash R1 and a dex build has no chance to get a safe hit in between attacks unless he just sits back and waits for the str build to blow all of their stamina.

>tfw low level invasion
>cant wear big boi weapons
>tfw no way to get hyper armour
>invade higher level opponents
>everybody has big boi boise weapons LOL!
>cant drop a single hit because straight swords dont have a single hyper armour frame
>literally rely on high critical weapons and parry fishing
Worging as indended :--D
I have 35 poise and I never get any use of them. since armour doesnt really absorb any damage (it really doesnt check it out) there is no real reason for me to wear armour.
Most of the invasions are filled with 2 phantoms + the host. The host always spams magic/pyromancies. Cant always even get the riposte because host staggers me with a fucking fireball :-D

What a shit game

whoops forgot picture

First playthrough that's gotten this far, ended up consuming the first Firekeeper Soul because the fucking description said right on it "used to enhance the estus flask". Hadn't met a single firekeeper at that point of the game.

i wish my pc could handle graphics like that

Exactly, 2hit stun is bullshit, Das1 style poise was way better
>Made heavy armor worth it
>Helped balance heavier, slower weapons
>Tanking/Fatrolling was semi-viable

>Hadn't met a single firekeeper at that point of the game.

There's one in firelink.

Don't do that, I'm going to guess you found that one in Undead Parish. A bit late, but you can go back and find one in lower Blighttown that's a real pain in the ass, and one in New Londo not sure what other one you picked up. If you're doing Lautrec's questline do not use the Firekeeper Soul you get from him.

Iron King + Sunken King weren't that great. Ivory King was good, though.

I miss how easy it was to punish estus fags in 2

Why do they move like they've just shit their pants?

Sunken was the only decent one. The arrow puzzles were kind of fun. Everything else is the DLCs were typical DaS2 shit. The only boss half-way challenging or memorable in any of them was the samurai.

>an backstab
sasuga pedro, nice try with your reddit tier memes

Shulva was nice, I'll give it that.

That's just DS2. Something something motion capture. Supposedly it's realistic?
I thought the same, but honestly when you're playing the game it's not that noticeable.

She's BELOW Firelink in a direction the game didn't require me to go. I didn't find her corpse until climbing out of Blight Town. I hoped that the Black Eye Orb would be as easy to use as the Crushed Eye Orb, but apparently not.
The first Firekeeper I encountered was Quelaag's sister.

I haven't been keeping track of where I got them from, so I don't plan to hunt down the others. I also haven't found any interesting NPCs yet so quests aren't much of a priority.

Ds2 is like the worst game ever made.

>BELOW Firelink
It's a small set of stairs, and the Firelink theme still plays. The entire area is IN Firelink.

they tried to record animations using motion capture on people who don't know how to move properly

Heh and you're even facing the staircase after the crow drops you off. First place you'd think people would go.

I only remembered from years ago that the stairs led to New Londo Waterpark and the ghosts were a pain in the ass at SL1, so I didn't bother traversing them on this attempt.

Why does this weapon exist? Its slower than a normal axe, has shitty scaling, is pretty well hidden to begin with, and has the reach of a dagger. All it has going for it is that it looks good.

>projecting this hard
LOL! PATHETIC

>the year is 2017
>luci still doesn't know how SM works or what SM tiers are

1m Soul Memory = ~SL130
>SL100 to SL160 consensual pvp /co-op if you only level up (46% of level range)
>SL110 to SL160 if you buy roughly everything in the game (46% of level range)
>SL105 to SL130 you can be invaded by these levels (20% of level range)

3m Soul Memory = ~SL180
>SL160 to SL280 consensual pvp /co-op if you only level up (66% of level range)
>SL160 to SL280 if you buy roughly everything in the game (purchases stop making an impact at this point, you'd need to buy millions of souls worth of stuff) (60% of level range)
>SL165 to SL180 you can be invaded by these levels (14% of level range)

5m Soul Memory = ~SL210
>SL170 to SL310 consensual pvp /co-op if you only level up (66% of level range)
>SL170 to SL310 if you buy roughly everything in the game (purchases stop making an impact at this point, you'd need to buy millions of souls worth of stuff) (66% of level range)
>SL175 to SL210 you can be invaded by these levels (16% of level range)

And since DS2 doesn't grant flat defense purely on SL, a matchup between DS2 SL210 and SL310 is a lot more balanced than a matchup between SL120 and SL133 in DS1

DS2 basically starts at DS1's level ranges and then expands those ranges as your SM gets higher until you are always within 66% of the level of the other player after hitting SL~150-180, aka, the level you beat the game at. It's a well-designed system and it takes into account where players are in the game to minimize twinking and maximize network activity.

DS2 had the largest summoning pools with an equivalent size to DS1 for CREO invasions.

Invasion level ranges are about the same as DS1's red eye orb, with wider co-op and summon pvp ranges, and once you are at a point where most people have beaten the game

>broken_wrist.bmp

Well yeah he's stupid, he's never used a halberd.

So do I.