/fng/ Fortnite General

Kyle Edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FLBZVc3f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are Play with Others in Storm Shield the only way to actually get decent Hero XP

Besides recycling defenders, yes

>Today we'll get a Super Llama
>It'll be trap or melee

I just want my damn super hero llama

Only at power 9 and I'm afraid that I already see the bullshit they're going to be dumping on me in later progression. I'm really glad I was gifted a copy from a friend and didn't pay for this. The game is not complete garbage, but I thought Epic Games was somehow supposed to be "one of the good guys." I've been browsing the subreddit because I honestly didn't believe money-grabs of this magnitude would actually be on Veeky Forums. They're all miserable fucks there, so since it's reddit, they're probably wrong. I guess I'm asking: at higher levels, is it any good or is it the same, boring grind, shitty microtransactions, lackluster class design, with no ability to go back and help friends who've fallen behind in levels, or does gameplay vary enough to make this worth more than the 20 hours I've already sunk into it?

I like this game, but it's one of the most jewy games out there. It's actually insane and unethical.

But it is what it is.

Epic might have been one of the good guys, but they were bought by Tencent.

I still love Epic because they give me a job via UE4, but yeah. I can't defend this game, even though I like it. There's good aspects but the negatives are overwhelming - including the greed.

today is troll stash / jackpot

Yeah just requested a refund, unless you pay up, your progression will be so slow and grindy that it is not enjoyable.

FortNite crafting weapon costs for first tier weapons, traps. Updated because I messed up on the sniper costs last thread.
pastebin.com/FLBZVc3f

Twitch integration gives you one or two 500 Hero XP quests a day, if that helps.

>near limit
>someone who was off jerking himself for the last 10 minutes decides we need 12 wall spikes and random stairs

>canny valley storm shield 1
okay
traps are nice
build more traps
enhance your trap schematics

goddammit I would have lost if smashers or explodos spawned

>it's a "Someone does nothing but gather the entire time in a Destroy the Encampments" episode

Is there a reliable way to aggro smashers away from structures? Sometimes I can do it but sometimes they just ignore everything and break like 3 layers

I don't really get that either, there's so much walking around and downtime in those if you're not shit you can gather as you walk

If you're a Constructor you can use a Bullrush to deflect their smashy state.

Decoys are god tier when it comes to aggroing everyone, even smashers.
>Smasher charging at me
>Drop decoy infront of me
>He hits it, doesnt even break it
many keks

Overwhelming fire power and stunlocks of any sort will make them stop their rush and come for your ass.

Anyone have Headhunter?

She's a beast with headshots.

Pic Related

What's her race?

>soldier does the most damage, and supports the team with war cry and deb strikes for more damage
>constructor sets up way tougher bases with BASE, is the best at objective protection bar none
>outlander is really useless all in all, only purpose is to rush around and loot until maxed on resources and no boxes are left, then afk in a corner
>ninja does what exactly? double jump which saves half a second on setting up a stair? gimmicky melee damage that gets them killed immediately by being in the enemy's face? are they at least okay at taking out those bomb tossers?
Convince me to at least try a ninja, because I don't care about generic soldiers and I'm getting a bit bored of only playing the same constructor for 50 hours.

Brown fictional girl

yeah I got headhunter
in the support slot so my banshee does even more damage

Outlander is supposed to gather shit and drop it off at constructor so they can build the base

the dragon scorch ninja can with dragon slash or whatever when upgrade rape everything

Really good at killing big packs of weak shit IF there are no bees around. That's it.

>Outlander is supposed to gather shit and drop it off at constructor so they can build the base
in what timeline exactly

I have literally never once had an Outlander so much as run up to upgrade walls or drop the traps they found. They fuck around the whole match looting chests, show up once the wave defense has begun (if at all), drop a bear and then take pistol potshots at the zombies until time runs out.

>outlander is really useful
Only if they contribute to base building but other than that they're a solo act that takes up a slot a soldier could have used.
>ninja
Works okay assuming its Dim and you know not to fucking rush the damn fucking bees holy shit fucking learn this shit god damn it. Just hit and run and realize your job is a less useful dps with minor area denial skill.

The bigger issue (to me, anyway) is that progression is uneven. You've got skill tree progress, research tree progress, hero level, survivor squads, and schematic levels. And unless it's all clicking well, it's easy to feel like you're getting held back.

So if you've got plenty of hero XP, but

If your schematic levels are lower that the rest, then your weapons and traps will be less effective and enemies will feel 'spongey'.

>I don't really get that either, there's so much walking around and downtime in those if you're not shit you can gather as you walk
Eh, if you only aim for the bare minimum, sure. But to get the best rewards, you need to clear all nine or ten encampments. So you've got roughly two minutes to travel to and clear each encampment, probably about 1:30 minutes when factoring the time most of the team spends at the beginning, exploring the map so hat you'll see where the next one will be.

So between inevitable bad encampment placement and half the team off rescuing survivors or on the wrong side of the map mining, it's easy to be a bit rushed.

What they do and what they're suppose to two very different things.

How's Skirmisher Edge? It's the ninja I have available right now, has bonuses for throwing stars (throwing up to 6 at a time instead of 3, cost less, piercing from level 25), dragon slash (+1 tile range, reduced energy cost, and leaving a trail at 30).
Also crescent kick at 20, which is a 3 second stun to what I guess is one target.

Doesn't have that shadow form or any damage bonuses to the slash though.

this is such a good tactic to fuck over smashers, I hate that I don't see it more.

Huh, I get a more "generic" vibe instead of "fictional".

She's literally fictional

If you collide with them once they've begun their "spin" shit, it'll bug you out and leave you unable to move or shoot for the rest of the game.

Just takes one mission failing at 90% to stop trying for the charge on those guys

She's highest ranked soldier on tier list

>Tier list

Maybe its her chin....

t. Survivalist jonesy

>Tfw the only reason I chose solider is to play assault and I don't have her

Recycling a hero gives how much exp spent back?

80% I believe

90%

Not sure about the manuals or rains though. You probably get screwed there.

temped to spend 1000 of me 1840 shekels on the 11 upgrade kit for lots of stuff.. I have a feeling the next one will be absolute garbo. I want new stuff damnit. I can't save for shit.

Lots of people have trouble with self control. It's alright, just keep fucking yourself in the ass until you finally learn your lesson.

game down? I can't get past traveling to lobby.

Ninjas are fantastic if you've got one or two chokepoints where they can shred the enemies, ideally with someone else watching the same lane and providing overwatch to help take out beekeepers and witches. They're less good when defending an objective with spawns from all sides, or when you've got little to no cover behind which to hide from lasers. At higher levels, healing pads and the teleport gadget (when it's not bugging out and enlarging to obscure the entire point) are good to have.

Dragon Slash is great, it's like a short ranged mini air strike on a ten second cooldown. It's great for taking out groups of weak husks, and softening up others. And the weak husks will aggro onto you and follow you forever, so you can circle around a bit to group them up before Slashing.

And because a ninja's position is usually up in the front lines, well played ninjas are well positioned to blow up propane huskies before they get to the fortifications (depending on how far out the fortifications are and how spread out the spawn locations are).

The downside is that their forward position and melee traits mean it's easy for them to take damage. A lot of the danger can be avoided by cautious play, setting up a couple of obstacles, watching the mini-map for incoming spawns, knowing how enemies attack, and knowing to fall back if you and your team has failed to take out the Beekeepers or gas lobbers before they've covered the battlefield with purple or orange clouds of pain. But that's easier said than done, so a lot of ninjas rush in, get wrecked, and then run back to hide behind the fortifications.

If its gonna take you wasting vbucks on bad llamas for you to learn to wait and save for super llamas, then go for it

>ninja's are fantastic
>requires babysitters and specific setups that endanger a fortification to be effective
Yeah, okay then, little buddy.

Crashing a lot, lot more often after this patch. Crashed during a retrieve the data, rejoined, finished up, crashed when it never ended properly, and then didn't get credit for it, nor get my chest.

>Seeing a red name in the middle of a bee fog

>tfw too stupid to play ninja

>buddy mains a ninja
>shiny new silver sword to celebrate us tag teaming our way to plankerton as ranged and melee dps buddies
>gets bee'd 3 seconds into a game
>gets mimic'd not to long after as well
>spend the entire cat 2 lying dead in the middle of the horde
>he's an outlander now and having survival issues in late plankerton as i'm hitting my stride with shockwave ontop of my going commando and warcry

The sad thing is, he might not even have any other usable heroes.

Tell him to open piƱatas until he gets one.

Seems like he should just go Soldier

>Getting bee'd
I don't understand. Soldiers should be killing, or at the very least knocking the beehive off, as soon as they appear unless there are lobbers or mist monsters present.

Even if they're not, that's where you use your shurikens/pistol/whatever before going back to melee.

Doesn't matter if you kill them or not, the bee AoE is stuck on the ground forever and even if you kill them instantly they still leave a trail of bee's behind them..
Bee's are way too strong now, they single handily make melee's impossible to play.

He's got an epic soldier and constructor of some stripe he refuses to use because then we'd either be the same or he'd be a "build bitch". He's also got 5 ninja's with experience he never touches and refuses to recycle to level up actually effective shit.

>Be constructor main
>friend is a soldier main
>tfw throwing decoy out and aggroing 10+ enemies
>He then lobs a grenade and blows them all up
The best

I got a ninja friend that also hates building. Must be weeb autism.

Oh then he's a retard. That's too bad

>How's Skirmisher Edge?
Bump

This. Once beehive enemies are killed the bees need to dissipate. To compensate make their ranged attacks faster and cover a bigger area. There's no real reason to play Penny as melee when I can just pick Ramirez or Jonesy and shoot them without putting myself at giant risk.

I honestly wish he would but he refuses to fucking build despite having access to more materials than I do.
Not my job to babysit other players but i'll shoot shit i deem a threat which is lobbers and propane tanks first and foremost because i can just reposition if bee's come my way but propane tanks and lobbers fuck not only the players but more importantly the bases day up.

>plankerton SSD 5
>gotta rebuild everything

this might be where my game ends.

>Knock hive off instantly
>Leave trail behind them
Are you being obtuse on purpose?
If you kill them or knock the beehive off asap, you're only dealing with 1-2 bee circles and that's in the spawn area. Easy to fight around if you really need to, though you shouldn't be standing next to the spawn area in the first place.

>See purple cloud of fuck in the distance
>Pull out gun and shoot beehive off
>Go back to dealing with other zombies
>Never have to worry about bee shit getting near me

Whoa.

>It's easy to play melee, all you need to do is NOT being in melee and focus all your attention on bee's instead :)

>all these bitch tears about bees
Literally pick them off with a shotgun or sniper. Just because you're "melee" doesn't force you to not use guns

Traps don't count

There's like, maybe two bees up at a time. It takes literally 3 seconds to knock the hive off and get back to being a weeaboo. Quit being a dense faggot.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with Bee's. and I play as a ninja when i'm bored as a Soldier or Constructor. Bee's give me a challenge and will make me re position my attack patterns and strategy.

People just love to bitch about things they can't handle, i hear it all over the mic.

Bee's wont stop me from playing destroy the encampments, which is one of the most grouped up mobs of all types, including bees.

If you are having trouble with bee's then back away and go somewhere else where you can be of some use. Don't bitch about it to others that already know what to do with them.

there's my two cents.

Are you guys still in Zone 1? When bee enemies spawn they spawn nearly as much as regular husks and they're always spread out. If you start to try and shoot them down and then return to melee you will need to shoot one down against within 1sec.
And by then there's bee AoE everywhere.

>Slice up enemies
>See bees, break their nest with shurikens
>Continue slicing enemies
So difficult

You seem to be doing this thing where you quote someone, and then pretend they said words they didn't say. I'd recommend you try to stop doing that.

I have no idea how he plays, but I will tell you his support bonus is fucking wonderful so if you do level him up it's not a total waste either way. Energy is a bit of a shitshow in this game, so getting 12% to regen is an absolute godsend for any character that likes to sprint/use abilities a lot, which is pretty much all of them.

I don't know why you're trying to lie to defend yourself, we're all playing the same game, we know when you're making shit up.

This

They havent gotten to the part where bees become annoying as shit, yet they're being smug af

>two bees up at a time

Are you in Plankerton? I've literally had waves of Encampment missions where me, a melee character, have been near instant ganked because bee enemies deal damage before viably spawning. I've seen up to 4 or 5 bee enemies at once.

>traps don't count
They absolutely do even tested this shit to prove it multiple times with dumbasses that unknowingly went of the limit then didn't get why everyone in the lobby was pissed at them.

That is an entirely different person from the 4 other people you think he is.

Bees don't shoot until they're within a certain distance of the player. It's the players' fault if those beehives are still there by the time they're close enough. All it takes is one shot per bee enemy, it's not hard.

Nah, apparently you people just go full retard when you engage. The only way any of your side's examples work as you claim they do is if you're standing next to the spawns.

hapa

Whats a banshee again?

>The person who made the post isn't the person who made the post.
How retarded can you be?

I like how everyone assumes that the base can always be placed in a perfect position, in a flat surface far away from any spawn.

a nigger

>its ninja posting hour
worst time

All I see is outlanders crying about Ninjas

Strawman. None of my arguments require that assumption to be valid.

I figured you were including the other people replying in the same manner with that particular statement.

The black special forces soldier?

what i see is a lot of people not knowing how to use their heroes correctly.

every hero is useful. not so much outlanders. but they have to be the comic relief.

>ITT Soldiers just staying at base shooting random stuff telling melee players how easy it is to deal with bees

>requires babysitters
They don't need a babysitter, it just helps to have teammates with proper targeting priorities. If the enemies not close yet, then you should be shooting at the propone huskies, lobbers, or beekepeers on the field before dumping rounds into a regular husk or huskie. If the team isn't doing that (or if the team is spread out and you're defending against heavy spawns yourself), and 3+ beekeepers / gas lobbers / lasers are spawning in a wave, then yeah, it's usually smart to pull back a bit and take those out from range before jumping back in.

That doesn't make ninja "not effective", just less effective. Even then, they're still far more useful to a defense than an outlander.

>specific setups that endanger a fortification to be effective
What's endangering the fortification? Putting up half a pillbox on open ground away from the fort to protect against lasers?

Nah, just that single post. And technically also the post he replied to, which was mine. Understandable assumption though. I retract my claim that you're retarded.

>Ninja players too dumb to swap to a pistol for literally 3 seconds to shoot some beehives in between dragon slashes

wew lad

>not being frontlines 24/7 and moving house as needed
>not just steadily moving "frontlines" 30 yards forward of wherever "house" is
>not setting up "house" wherever "frontlines" currently is
>not being efficient in this cyclical dance

>tfw constructor just defending his base while soldier, ninjas and outlanders sperg out over combat

>fucking ninja destroys a whole lane of my fucking fort
>says now he has a lane he can actually work with
>just pick up my mega base
>go farm some materials to recoup losses
>find a nice place out in the forest
>make a square 1x1x1 happy place and sit in darkness with my mega base
>shit post while i watch the atlas's slowly lose health
Someday people will realize our shoulders are big enough to carry the architectural genius and hopes of the world but not theirs.