I've washed my car twice in 6 years, how common is this?

I've washed my car twice in 6 years, how common is this?

Once at an automated wash because I got nostalgic about the adventure tunnel from when I was a kid
Once it was pouring down with rain and I grabbed a couple of towels to rub off the worst permanent spots

post a pic

idk
ive washed my car once since march

The "adventure tunnel" sound like a place where kids get molested.

I don't know how people's cars get so dirty. I use my windshield washers regularly and let rain take care of the rest, apart from wiping off bird poop with some universal cleaner stuff. It's almost never at a point where you'd actually call it dirty, it's just not perfectly clean.

>t. southern commiefornian

>tfw Arizona and hand wash once a month
squeaky clean

Don't think the rain would be sufficient there. I'm German.

This isn't my car, but something like this is about as dirty as it gets in the winter when it doesn't rain for months

>how common is this?
I wash the car because of the need to wax it to protect the paint and get rid of swirl marks from nasty dealer prep.

user if you leave bird crap on your paint it will ruin it. Also wax really helps protect paint in hot areas of the world

What the actual fuck have they done to the poor Subaru?! What did it do to deserve such treatment? Absolutely disgusting

i wash my car whenever my OCD wont let me take it anymore.

>white car, never again

this is the only known method of obtaining a good audi

Mine stays clean but since I changed the rear brakes, the rear wheels get dark brown dirty in less than two weeks. Annoying as hell. Don’t do Les Schwab because they only offer you cheap options.

>I've washed my car twice in 6 years, how common is this?
Some people do hand wash using microfiber mitts. After drying the car with more microfiber towels, they wax their cars with care. And you then have a nice clean shiny car for 10 seconds.

Then a crow lands on it and poops?

fucking this
whats the point of spending 3+ hours autistically cleaning your car if you are not going to show it off in a closed hall at a convention?
the second you drive somewhere its fucking dirty again

Exactly. Why wash it if it's going to get dirty literally a day later

>the second you drive somewhere its fucking dirty again
As long as the weather is dry, use a static dust brush to swipe off the dust and pollen and it shines right up again.

Do you not bath yourself?

Why won't you just paint correct it to get rid of the swirls forever?

>wash car for first time in 3 months
>all clean and shiny
>wake up next day
>giant splatter of bird shit on trunk lid under windshield

That poor Impreza didn't deserve that atrocity

>Once it was pouring down with rain and I grabbed a couple of towels to rub off the worst permanent spots
I wash the car since other people as well as customers at work can see the car parked in the lot. A constantly dirty car can make negative impressions sort of like greasy hair and body odor.

THAT'S AN IMPREZA?

Yep. The rearward top corner of the rear doors and c pillars are a dead giveaway.

I hosed down my motorcycle every day when I used it for commuting in western Norway. Must be nice to live in dry, clean places.

I swear that I was looking at an audi but something was off. I took a second look at the rear and oh my god, it's a subaru

Washed my car a few days ago. Before that, I think it was july or august. Honestly, if it wasn't for the salt I'd have gone longer.

There is literally no reason to wash your car other than autism. It has no positive effect on your vehicle. People who wash their cars are insecure about how other people see them.

So would you rather buy a used car that's been cleaned that has flawless paint, or a used car that's missing clear coat and is generally in nigger condition? Which one do you think is worth more?

unless you have to deal with road salt then it is good to wash it off

What kind of pristine land do you live on where you don't need to wash your car? Bird shit and salt are 2 reasons I can think of off the top of my head.

>What kind of pristine land do you live on where you don't need to wash your car?
Not any of the other guys in the thread but that poster just seems to be inventing reasons to calm down his own worries about not washing his car. He probably feels better if others also don't wash their cars so that way he isn't alone as the only unwashed person.

half Audi - half BMW.. srsly WTF

>BMW
how fucking retarded are you

front

ausfag here same mate its just pointless.

i only wash it when i go to the beach, offroading or rallying

wait
>audi in the front, BMW in the back, impreza everywhere else
what the fuck is this abomination

IDGAF what people think about my car, i keep it clean because it makes me feel good, and as an added bonus my paint lasts longer, and i get about 1k more when i go to sell my car, not to mention all the rain rails and weatherstripping stays intact when you keep them clean. but feel free to treat your car like shit, then deal with the fact you threw money away because your lazy ass couldnt handle 20 mins, 4 times a year with a sponge in the outdoors like a regular person

wtf and why?

I'm talking about OP's image

i feel like washing my car, using a sealant and then not washing it for a few years would offer better sun protection

I used to live in southern commifornia, it gets dusty as fuck

These do work.