Why do boomers worship Shelby like some sort of god?

Why do boomers worship Shelby like some sort of god?

Other urls found in this thread:

shelby.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He turned the quintessential boomer car (The Mustang) into a proper performance car.
Nevermind the fact that some Chevy dealers did the same for the Camaro but without GM's blessing.

>boomer

Ok what car is it ok to like that isn’t ‘boomer’?

There's literally nothing wrong with Shelby's. Fuck, faggots like you turned the word "Boomer" into some buzzword like "cuck" but you fags don't even know the meaning of it.

t.boomer

Because the guy was a legit badass. Won Le Mans in a Aston Martin in '59, was the first to turn the Mustang into a true performance car that lived up to its looks, as opposed to the aggressively styled Falcon that the Mustang was in its first few years. Plus he was influential in the success of the Cobra, Daytona Coupe, and GT40 programs.

Chevy guys also have Don Yenko, who did the same thing Shelby American did, but made hopped up Camaros, Chevelles, Novas, etc.

These guys were talented and gifted in their approach, but Boomers see them as mythical because they were the top performance outfits in the 60's.

>Professional racer
>Lead GT40 program to success
>Left Enzo butthurt by the success of the Cobra
>Turned early Mustangs into serious performance cars
>Continued to influence performance car world until his death (see: Viper, Omni GLHS, etc)

>There's literally nothing wrong with Shelby's

you've never seen the Shelby Raptor or that awful regular F150 with 4 grills.

Because the 2013 GT500 is possibly one of the best vehicles ever created.

After Shelby died, ford just whores his name around to make sales.

>850 hp on a solid rear axle
>shit brakes
>shit interior
not even close

The Shelby Raptor was a mistake.

my local dealer has one of these right in the front for $125,000.

Jap crap.
Or if you want classic muscle but without the boomer stigma check out the unloved Mopars like the dodge coronet, demon, plymouth dusters or skylarks, or if you're a chebby guy check out (my favourite) the Vega wagon or the Nova

>boomers like good cars and don’t like boring ones

Woah

Brembo big brakes are shitty? Yeah you're drunk.

>Or if you want classic muscle but without the boomer stigma check out the unloved Mopars like the dodge coronet, demon, plymouth dusters or skylarks, or if you're a chebby guy check out (my favourite) the Vega wagon or the Nova
those are literally ALL boomer shitmobiles now anyway though

them being by brembo doesn't automatically make them good
>what is cooling or size or type

>LED light bar to illuminate your roof

Lmao it’s just a noise maker
Mustangs are slow piles of shit. Come to los angeles and you’ll see a shelby every other day, and it’ll get walked on by jose in his honda with a few simple mods

... Do you not?

Shelby did cool shit. A true car enthusiast. Nothin but respect for him.

>any muscle car is considered boomer because it was popularized in the 70s
>the only acceptable cars are jap crap like nsx, skyline, evo, brz, wrx because they stem from the 90s nfs craze
fuck you faggots

Even die hard cobra guys think the last gt500 was a turd. Ford fucking sucks, yo. Where have you been? Non faggots drives Chevrolet’s

t. faggot with a hair bow

This and the GLHS were the two best cars under the Shelby name. Daytona gets a special mention for being one sexy ass motherfucker.

yeah but they're so rare and practically worthless nowadays which is too bad

>Non faggots drives Chevrolet’s
Chevy drivers either have a mullet and a Camaro or gray hair and a Corvette

also your English is terrible

I have my problems with boomer culture as well but this desu

>worthless
Is it due to AMericans hating on Turbo Mopars for some reason? I don't get the hate really, they're extremely quick and cheap little cars that gave japs and europoor shitboxes a legit run for their money. Shit, they're pretty much the only American cars I manage to tolerate, just because they're so fun to drive around.

They're everything muscle car fans hate. Compact, front wheel drive, four banger, no chrome. To them they're the embodiment of malaise.

>could've had the rights to every Toyota dealership in the South West
>talks about it with Iacocca
>Iacocca says; don't bother, Chrysler's gonna beat their nip asses with new k-car
>Shelby's buddy gets rights
>freaking multi-billionaire

I mean I guess they are going up but I usually see them at 1k-5k and never more than 6k in price, I think people hate them mainly because they think they're just some shit K car but personally I think they're pretty cool

Reliable, lightweight, able to take turns, BOOST, return excellent fuel mileage.

Yeah, I can kinda see now why the so called "boomers" would hate them. That and they didn't come with MUH VEE AYTE which probably kills it for the Americans.

As an Europoor, I absolutely love these cars. They offer an awfully lot of car for fuckall money.

which one do you like the best I personally love the charger GLHS with the omni as a close second, not really a daytona fan though

it's funny because everytime an Veeky Forumstist uses the word Boomer they're either literally talking about their own dad or referring to a very specific archetype of 55+ white male

The LeBaron GTC Turbo. Too soft to be a proper sports coupe, too hard to be a proper luxury coupe, an ungodly mixture of both that fails horribly at both..
With just a suspension change you could go either way and perform admirably at either or. I went with the harder adjustable KONI shocks and that thing was a monster at the twisties. Bigger Holset HX35 turbo and hilarity ensured.

It was such a good car and pretty much the only one I've ever regretted selling.

I kinda like the late Chargers and early Daytonas too, but those are exceedingly rare in Europe, LeBarons are the most common, but they're starting to fade and rust away at an alarming pace due to no one really showing them any love.
As a sidenote, the LeBaron GTC was the "standard" LeBaron here as we never got the LeBaron coupe properly. We got the Chrysler Saratoga instead which was a mix between the LeBaron Sedan and the Dodge Spirit, but it was limited to either the Mitsubishi V6 or the 2.5 litre Turbo I.
LeBaron GTC got the Turbo I, II, VNT IV and the Mitsubishi V6.
Fucking Mexico got the Chrysler Phantom which was a LeBaron with a Turbo III engine stuffed inside. A 230hp DOHC powerhouse that barreled that thing from 0 to 100kmh in like 5 or so seconds.

Don't know. I would kill for a modern line of Cunninghams.

In my opinion Briggs is the better American legend because he came in 10th overall at lemans with a BONE STOCK Cadillac.

If Corral Shelby was still alive today the new Ford ""GT"" wouldn't be such lame piece of shit and Ford wouldn't be running away from comparison test. Ford needed that guy and that doesn't seem to have changed.

Hi im new.

What is an Boomer?

Thanks, James.

you're a fucking god for tuning one of those things

I would love to modify a Dodge Dart or Coronet.
The Coronet just because the front end has similarities to a Hakosuka.

1963 Pontiac Tempest with the lower compression trophy 4 and a 4 speed manual transaxle would be sweet to fix up and turbo as well.

Id answer your question but you forgot to input your email and full name in the correct slots!
-John

>that name though

"What do you drive?"

"Shelby Raptor"

>I can't afford it
>That model must be a mistake.

Would you believe me if I told you this faded to shit old American barge had 385hp?
My mate with his turbocharged E39 didn't. He regretted that a bit later.

Main problem with the Turbo Mopars is the transmission though. That thing is bulletproof and hoon proof, but the gearing is pure ass, that thing cuts you out exactly at 200kmh and then you're fucked. From what I remember, taller gearing was pretty much a no go as parts for changing the ratios were next to none.

At least short gearing means loads of wheeltorque and as a result, hektik burnouts.

>front wheel burnouts
That being said, those things had like 300nm or so torks from the factory and the factory transmission was infact stronger than the one found in the Shelby tuned Charger and Omni. Infact, pretty much everything mechanical was stronger and/or forged in the Chrysler/Dodge production turbo vehicles when compared to the Shelby ones.

They’re slotted, which helps cooling. Also they’re much larger than stock, faster stopping. What’re you missing her?

He is a god you fucking busrider. He pioneered the performance market for cars. The guy was a genius tuner, and he was the head manager for a lot of performance cars in the U.S.

He really didn't do anything special, he just had marketing. Overrated hack.

6k in mods on a 1k car that is barely dd is hard to compare to a factory stock car that is fast stock, with A/C, 4 seats power windows .etc etc What about manuels stock honda vs factory stock mustang? seems more fair would you not say. Apples to oranges buddy.

>seems more fair

Yeah a 1k econobox that is nearly 30 years old vs a modern supercharged V8 sports car is fair. Factory tuners are for talentless hacks that can't build cars.

That is horrible

>not being a boomer means being a car hipster

any classic mopar is cool you fucking faggot

>m-muh boomers

this
fordcope LMAO

*won LeMans*
*gets a team to win LeMans alot*
*Gets ANOTHER team to win LeMans, alot*
*becomes the undisputed master of Performance cars for Ford, and the US.*
*every cool car Ford has ever made after 1965 is thanks to Shelby designing, advising, or straight up doing himself*
*also VIPER*
Oh yea but you, posting on this Manganese ore processing forum, have done things far more recognized and special.

>90s nfs craze
what?

They're conditioning me, every time I see this pic I like it a little more.

Funny because the hondas have all those features and subs in the back to blast corridos while stomping ferds.
Mustangs are pretty pathetic desu

Yeah but he's dead and I'm not. Any car I build will be better than anything he can manage.

>implying he isnt reincarnated right now as some babby who will do it all again in 20 years

Except you don’t build anything, and you won’t ever. You’re pretty much just as useful as he is currently. Less, considering corpses don’t shitpost

All I have to do is get a British car and swap the engine. Bam, I'm Shelby.

Please do. Im saying he has great accomplishments. And anyone who can match or do better is more than welcome. Please do more shelby things.

>children don't like boomers because they actually spend money restoring and making nice cars
>weebs want clapped out shit boxes that cost $1k or less

>NFS
You mean Gran Turismo in the 90's? That was the game that put cars on the map nigger.

I'll make a Kickstarter and a Patreon. But it's been done to death, nothing special.

You realize shelby is its own company, right?

shelby.com