How much would you give your dad as a middle man fee? I’m selling my car but it’s at his house...

How much would you give your dad as a middle man fee? I’m selling my car but it’s at his house. I’m doing all the haggling but he’s showing it. It’s selling for $2000.

I’m selling my car to get a new one. I posted the ads. I talked to the buyers. I set the price. He just showed them the car, because it’s parked at his house. He wanted to try to bring the price up so he could make a little something off of it, but he didn’t help at all lol.

He does have a dealer connect so once I get the money, he’ll help me buy a another car. So I guess I can factor that into the mix.

tl;dr- my dad wants a cut for showing my car to buyers. It’s only worth $2000. How much is a good chunk to give him?

Give him $200, 10%. If he wants any more, sell it yourself on Craigslist

I did post it in Craigslist. I did everything. I posted it. I talked to the buyers. All he did was hold the car and show it off while I’m at work. I’m setting up a time to meet someone and they’re gonna buy it for $2000.

So you’re saying if he did all the work then $200 but since I did the work he should get $100?

offer him 50 bucks and see what happens lol

Just how reliable is Miata?

Buy some natty light and get drunk with him

This is your dad, the man that raised you. Don't be petty and give him half.

half is pretty hectic, op likely needs this money for the next car

Your dad's a prick for asking for something from you, but you're even more of a prick for not just giving him what he wants.

In conclusion this dissolution of the family unit is exactly the cancer that's plaguing white America.

Get your ass to church and pray for guidance.

this

Fuckin lol. If it was my dad, I'd buy him a slab of beer. If he asked for cash I'd probably just tell him to get fucked desu

is killing your dad an option?

I'd give him nothing.

Huh. I don't think my dad would ever ask me for commission like that. Hell, if I tried to give him money he'd probably refuse it and tell me I could buy him dinner.

I hope this is bait

Yeah my dad is broke and never built up a savings account so he’s trying to make money off of this. I guess I’ll just throw him $100 and see what he says. I need the money for a new car so the more I give him then the more I gotta work to save up for a new car.

Your dad is a leech and your enabling him
Lose his phone #

Well that's kinda sad. I hope you make more money so you can help him out in the future. Learn from his mistakes and make the best of it.

Why would he get any?
I dont understand, its your car.

Sounds like his dad is broke or something and is desperate to make some money doing something that resembles a job instead of asking for a handout. It happens.

I've give him 10%. I mean, he could just up and sell it to someone and keep all the money (assuming he has keys so he can show the interior). And he's taking time out of his life, no matter how little, to help you out.
If $200 makes or breaks getting a new car, you should likely just keep what you got.

Nothing, its just a simple little favor that families do for each other. Take him out for a beer or to a steakhouse or something.

If he really needs the money he should just ask to borrow some from you like a man, it shouldn't be a big deal.

I wouldn't trust him with looking after my vehicle, let alone selling it.

I say pay him whatever he used to pay you to mow the lawns.