Lads, I'm thinking of getting a remote start. What do I need to know?

Lads, I'm thinking of getting a remote start. What do I need to know?

They're likely going to do a horrible installation and just butcher your stock wiring. Now you have a device that can potentially fuck up and not let your car start. At the bare minimum get a 2 way model with a good range.

unless your car is diesel you really shouldn't let it warm up for a long time
it's bad for the engine
much better to do a short warm up and then take it easy driving until the engine gets to operating temp

I want my car to be nice and toasty when I get into it.

Don't.

>what are gloves and heated seats

Then buy a house with a garage.

>Implying heated seats heat up instantly

Implying the parking garage at work is heated

implying your starter remote will work through wherever you work and into a garage

>>Implying the parking garage at work is heated
>implying you're not a bitch ass

>Implying I'd buy one that didn't
Implying the Twin Cities aren't extremely cold

>implying Minnesota doesn't suck
Go Tribe!

get one with the phone based start because most FOB range is shit and LOS.

>Implying I ever implied that Minnesota isn't a sucky state

That you're connecting your car to a botnet.

some cities have laws against leaving a car idle after a period of time, my town says 5 minutes. Then the police ticket it.

That's a dumb law. You should be able to let your car idle for weeks if you want.

>idling is bad for the engine

>cops will ticket you for idling

CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BUT ITS MAINLY COPSIN THEIR FORD EXPLORERS THAT LET THEIR CARS IDLE 24HRS A DAY

The law in my area is that you cannot idle "unattended."

apparently leaving your patrol vehicle running in front of a fire hydrant while you grab donuts and coffee doesn't meet the definition of "unattended"

Nice tu quoque fallacy you got there

>tu quoque fallacy
I don't think it's a fallacy. People have always tended to admire others who lead by example. It's hard for people to justify following a rule that's hard to enforce unless they see it exemplified in others, especially in the people tasked with enforcing those rules.

There's no logical validity to 99% of society's rules if you only think for yourself. As a consequence, 99% of society's rules only have a valid, rational basis if you can convince a person that everyone else is following them, too.

You can call it a fallacy if you want, but there's a reason that police departments have strict requirements for employment regarding criminal history and drug use; they want to be sure they don't hire someone who becomes an embarrassment or a danger to the department by shooting heroin or skimming the evidence locker.

It's illogical, but it's human psychology, and that's enough ground to reason on.