/dg/ Destiny General

Gamescom on the 22nd. PC Beta early access on the 28th, open access on the 29th.

>>>NEWSRESET INFO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ttkV1CUlmHo
strawpoll.me/13624300
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Gaul
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=ttkV1CUlmHo

Thank you for not including all of the YouTube links

strawpoll.me/13624300

Reposted for any fags who weren't in the last thread

The IGN First link has all of them, now that we're like a week past the last one there's no point using all that space on old news.

This guy is going to feel stupid when the full game comes out and explains how the cabal pulled off their attack.

Of all the stuff to whine about this dumbass is complaining about the story and bullshit like oh shaxx having a sword. How about the actual bullshit like machine guns, invis, self res, 6v6, and hunter blink being taken out?

Complaining about "plot holes" when you've only seen one story mission is like complaining that the author hasn't shown who the killer is when you've only read the first chapter of a murder mystery.

Stop spamming your fucking channel, nigger.

Also pretty sure the cinemasins have a copyright on that particular "everything wrong" process so you're gonna get taken down over that intro, since you're using their formula.

Is the same faggot that trash talked Infamous second son because you had to turn the controller for some spray-painting?

No, its the faggot that keeps shilling his channel on here every thread even though literally nobody likes it.

There's nothing worse than a youtube spammer.

>"don't worry guys it's just satire xd just take a chill pill"
this moron needs to burn

user... did you honestly expect anything better from a guy with the ultra edgelord name like darside royalty?

Just report and move on, friends. I'm actually looking forward to the campaign, as the story mission in the beta is better than anything in Destiny 1 in terms of story content. Beauty in Delivery being the most fun mission I've every played, though. Shame it wasn't replayable. We'll see if Destiny 2 has anything that fun.

Honestly it's fucking funny seeing him attempt to grab at whatever straws he can. It's also ironic that if you say anything remotely bad about him, he just calls you fanboy and sends his fanboys in to shit on everything.

>try to grind some trials bounties
>servers are down
BUNGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>Wanting to play the game you paid for
How entitled.

I know. It was a genuine thanks

How about you shut the fuck up before I shut your dick with my mouth.

You think you're such hot shit online huh, just give me an address nigger. My fist, your ass, its on.

reminder that TITANS LEAD THE WAY

I wasn't disagreeing, and I apologize if I came across as critical. I was explaining why in case anyone still cared about the videos.

No need to apologize user. We're on the same page.

1/6 for Iron Banner (I have good internet tonight).

TITANS DEFEND
WARLOCKS EMPOWER

Hunters roll around in the floor or something

even though i dont really like the warlock supers in destiny 2, which sucks because they looked really cool in the trailer, i still value warlocks in a team for the rifts. and thats coming from a titan main

I don't even care about the changes or nerfs or new weapon system in the beta. There was only one thing that annoyed me and that was pic related.

Well, technically titan's shoulderpads lead the way.

forgot pic

>betting exotic gear against Shaxx
Our guardian should have known better

>Angry Shaxx forged his own Razelighter

Yea this kinda makes me nervous like it shows that old Bungie is still here and they don't give a fuck about the lore still. I'm not optimistic.

there made bigger so hunter and warlocks can sit on them while titan carry there ass

I mean, Smith straight up said D1 is just issue zero. Basically its there just to feed you basic lore, any gameplay content you can just ignore as non-canon. Its bullshit, sure, but that's the case. Lore-wise nothing you did in D1 matters. Cus lore-wise we're all just generic canon fodder guardians in the background.

>Please put your asses on me.

Yeah, sounds like a titan alright.

He didn't say the content would be non-canon, he said they might not follow up on things, which is different. So we may never get an explanation of who the Exo Stranger was talking to, we may never get an explanation of what exactly was in the Black Garden, etc...

I would imagine vanilla never happened. Thats it. Nothing that happened there was impactful or major at all. Everything after it will stick though. I guess we will never meet Dr. Shin after all.

>implying that wanting fem-hunter and fem-lock ass on you is gay
>cant carry
>probably a hunter
here's a (you)

b-back that ass up

Does anyone feel that destiny ramped up the stakes too quickly? Like, shutting down the Vog is a big victory, but the vex probably have more locations like that. But then, gardians kill oryx, one of the three original hive, for good, a feat that galactic empires couldn't even accomplish. And now with the cabal, their god emperor himself is in the solar system. There isn't really any more cabal they could bring in to one up this.

A new race is going to enter the fray and/or the speaker is going to reveal he is evil and be the real final baddy of the trilogy.

>Cleared the Black Garden
>Recovered a shard of the Traveler
>Shattered the Vault of Glass
>Reopened negotiations with the Reef
>Started a war with the Cabal
>Gave Rasputin access to the rest of the system
>Broke the House of Devils
We did plenty, and I'm mostly sure it'll be included. Issue-0 isn't non-cannon, issue-0 is story-light universe building. The idea is that things introduced in Destiny 1 are for setting up the background elements of the game, and that plot hooks introduced may not be followed up.

I'm still pissed, because I really want answers to some of that stuff. But I don't think it means they're going to just ignore the lore and retcon freely. But maybe I'm wrong.

>He didn't say the content would be non-canon
He said they consider Destiny 1 as "Issue zero".

And I said gameplay content, fucking read dude. Please people, I'm begging you, read in fucking context, its fucking exhausting having to tell faggots that respond to me directly what I said in the post they responded to.

Fucking hell, man.

>oryx dead for good

>TITANS LEAD THE WAY.... RIGHT INTO THE LAST CITY FALLING

Sasuga

>T-they're g-girls. H-honest.
I bet.

>Trilogy
Destiny is signed for 5 numbered entries. Not 3.

the walls fell, so we took them with us.

>for good
Maybe. We don't know enough about the Dark to know for sure that he's gone. He might just be trapper in a deeper throne, needing a feat of killing and navigation as potent as the ones used to resurrect his sisters.

There's 2 other Hive gods, the worm gods, whatever the Darkness is, the Ahamkara, Cabal, Vex, Fallen, and hypothetically any other race Bungie invents. There's the possibility of Rasputin being an antagonist, maybe some sort of Osiris/Speaker civil war. There is plenty of content to work through.

>>Shattered the Vault of Glass
Only thing they might reference.

Have you never read issue 0s? I have. They're just don't have any plot in them. Everything is cannon, but it's all introduction. People's names, where they live, powers, foreshadowing of conflicts and plots in the series proper, etc...

Like the wall you failed to defend, it does not actually physically stop anyone and its very weak.

We went into his ascendant realm and destroyed his oversoul form that should be pretty dead. inb4 he has another backup plan dimension and we only killed his true PHYSICAL form in King's Fall and his Oversoul retreated to another realm

I suspect it will be like Taken/Die Hard where every Destiny game has some relative of Crota's you have to kill.

His sisters came back from true deaths in the ascendant realm, so it's possible that's how it works. Taken King 2: Electric Boogalo: Now you have to kill Oryx 5 times to actually keep him dead.

>been saying that I still wouldn't get Perilous Quest and Knight-Errant even though it's the last IB
>5 matches
>Knight-Errant
>Hebridean Thoughtcrime
>Perilous Quest
Thanks Bungie

We need a raid where every boss is another form of oryx

Yeah but likesaid oryx did that to his sisters and they were resurrected, plus im sure the touch of malice contains some of oryx or something.

My prediction is that oryxs wargod sister will attack earth because she supposedly has a war moon or some crazy shit like that so evil traveler, and eris is oryxs other sister the aspect of trickery and she is going to try to free the hive from the worms because the best trick is tricking the motherfuckers who tricked you.

That's the raid in Taken King 2. It's just Oryx 5 times. First in the physical world. Then in the ascendant realm. Next in the ascendant ascendant realm. After that, the ascendant ascendant ascendant realm. Finally we break into the ascendant ascendant ascendant ascendant realm, and put him down for good.

>a feat that galactic empires couldn't even accomplish
Circumstance can change any war entirely and we had pretty good circumstances on our side.
Crota ever coming to our solar system and erecting shrines and temples to his father without completely wiping us out first was a mistake. Because both before and after we killed him we learned a good bit about the Hive and little about Oryx so we had some idea of what to expect.
The Queen knowingly threw her entire fleet against the Dreadnaught in a suicide mission. To win the battle and wipe out the Awoken Fleet Oryx had to also wipe out his own fleet, leaving the Dreadnaught isolated and vulnerable with any support being a long time way. We wasted no time infiltrating the Dreadnaught afterwards.
The Cabal also ran a suicide mission in purposefully crash landing a battleship with an entire legion into the Dreadnaught, forcing Oryx's forces to fight on two fronts on his own capital ship.
Crota again contributes to his own father's death by being dead, leaving us an opening to steal a portion of his soul.
Oryx's overconfidence fucks him over in getting his first form bested by underestimating a lone Guardian.
We also have a direct link to the Traveler's Light which is apparently the strongest space magic in the universe so thats a plus.

>war moon
Pretty sure that's just one of the 52 moons of Fundament that the Hive took over. Kitted out with weapons, moved around with Dark magic.

your just angry that hunter twirl does not do anything for the team

>touch of malice
I can see that, have a cutsceme throw back to the destruction of the tower and loot just spilling out of a destroyed vault computer, and a bad guy picking that up off the pile and the doing a taken shiver.

I'm to busy feeding you orbs, you fat fuck.

>fat
Excuse you, I burn off all that Light with regular supering!

Oh I didnt know exactly what it was, still thats pretty much hits war moon right on the nose eh?

>oryx comes back while his sister is invading
>sister has a zenkai boost so she is stronger than both of us
>oryx challenges us knowing we will defeat him and grow stronger as sword law demands
>we get the power to take

nice blog post faggot

i really hope this thing will be the praxic fire of destiny 2, it might be the only way to save dawnblade from being the most shitty subclass ever

Newfag, if your going to shitpost here, do it right. Sit down, and pay attention.

KEEP US POSTED

>Hammer of Sol with wings but no Michael Bay tier chain explosions and hammer charge

it was honestly the most underwhelming super ever, i wanted to like it but its just so bad. last way too short and shots have no tracking or AOE

>self res was taken out instead of tweaked
I will never not be mad

I wonder if PC datamining during the beta will reveal anything particularly juicy, like a 3rd Subclass.

How does one tweak a rez?

Nigga you either dead or you ain't, shiiiiieeeeeet.

with how bad warlock supers were in the beta, i pretty much made up my mind to go titan when i used the four second dawnblade super, and got no kills with it 5 games in a row

3rd subclass us already all but confirmed. Idk how much more proof one needs. Right now the shitposting argument is that it is there but being saved for DLC, which data mining would not really counter

I'm more wondering what it could be. New versions of the currently missing elements or returning subclasses? I've gotten so used to Hammer of Sol and Stormtrance being my "clear this entire room in seconds and charge everyone's ult" button.

of course the story will be inconsistent, farfetched and overall bullshit

bruh, its a stupid amount of ways to fix self res cmon relative be real now dog

Oh. Oh no. Oh god no.

Nigga i jus sayin you either dead or you ain't. You can be half dead nigga

Don't worry, his ass was let go last year, and he was not the senior writer.

What if I'm only dead on the inside?

but it coulda been fixed cuh, they aint even try

Thas some soft ass nigga shit, buck up nigga

Nigga, axesplain to me how you be half dead. Shit is ignat

I think they got rid of it because it was too reactive, they want you to pop supers proactively.

i hope these might be the no back up plans for sentinel in destiny 2

Oh thank god.

>how much more proof one needs.
It actually being confirmed to be in the game

>"Narrative Lead" Michael Zenke is ESO & DC Universe writer
>"Lead Writer" Christine Thompson wrote the narratives of the Live Events and "Eververse"
and they'd be retarded to tear out Andromeda writers shit completely
its still gonna be shit

Bungie already stated that's not happening, they are keeping it under wraps.

losing your abilities is basically guaranteed to be in the story, kind of ruins your experience if you know you will get it all back

>hammer of sol
I'm telling you, it's going to be the iron axe. Dawnblade and striker stole hammer.

Yeppo it's all terrible better not buy the game.

>writes Delta expansion for Star Trek Online
main bad guy is Gaul
>writes for Destiny 2
main bad guy is Ghaul

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

His body fell into the oceans of Titan,
that's why the hive are there looking for him

Spoopy lovecraftian aquatic nightmares here we come

Oh boy. Can't wait for my destiny to turn into literal gay dating sim.

People spend too much time fighting over small details in the story before realising its fairly common practrice for developers to retcon lore when sequels hit.

Whatever happpened to joe staten and the people who had destiny cooking since at least before halo reach? Can someone give me a quick rundown on the behind the scenes shit with the writers and stuff? Even the juicy rumors and hearsay.

oh yeah and why did they fire marty

post yfw you transfer your character and you get to pick its preferred pronouns for NPCs to refer to you as in dialogue and cut-scenes

Cabal is the Roman faction. Gaul is a territory in ancient Rome. Maybe there's a naming thing going on there?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Gaul