/scg/edg/ Star Citizen + Elite Dangerous General #186

Dead inside 100 posts edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

"3.0 Is not late, nor is it early. It will come precisely when it means to." -Chris Roberts in a black turtleneck at nondescript studio location

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16043-Monthly-Studio-Report-July-2017
diffchecker.com/WuZfdSwz
elitepve.com/viewtopic.php?t=7179
youtu.be/Z-3YBuFI3iI?t=25m27s
youtube.com/watch?v=jEI3N9kIyP4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tell me immediately if this was even worth making, I sure as hell have nothing to talk about after this week's ATV and neither should you

>implying you don't miss RTV

Space and uh... something else. Ships! it's ships.

Well... inb4 they admit that 3.0 won't be ready until January 2018.

I can't wait for the part where they develop this delta patcher, and then they don't hotfix the alpha or trickle in new content as it's available

delta patcher in this stage of a pre-(pre[pre]) alpha should mean the removal of all this evocati shit, literally put new things into the game and fix them as problems arise

but all anyone cares about is not re-DLing 30gb once every 6 months

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16043-Monthly-Studio-Report-July-2017
UK studio update in here.

A part of me wants to believe that's how it'll be, but we're in a timeline where 'optimism' is obliterated at every turn.
But yes, it'll be nice to have it so you don't need to download fucking 30-40 gigs every single time they do a single hot-fix.

>Tfw an ATV is so bad it kills the thread instead of propping it up.
The studio updates were literally the best thing they put out.

lol, it's a phallus. a warty one at that.
>TFW my Hull E is going to be a 300m long penis ship.

subscriptions are probably dropping

and in an ideal world, they're SO CLOSE to 3.0 that theyre genuinely running out of new information and gameplay to show off that won't spoil whatever extravagant demo theyre waiting on for 3.0 reveal

bro, it was going to be ready by christmas last year

there is no way it will take that long

diffchecker.com/WuZfdSwz

>Currently, performance and stability drop sharply once the active players in a server reach 12-15 players.
LMFAO IT'S DEAD IN THE WATER

2 fully manned connies is a cap ship battle

The UK stuff in the production report was pretty good. Too bad their social media failures couldn't pull it together and left us with a half done, shit AtV.

>supposed to be ready by christmas last year - words by the lead of the entire project
>8 months later and no 3.0 - set back yet even more time from their estimate from 6 months past original due date
>despite the "new" 3.0 being a severely stripped down version of what was supposed to come 8 months ago, with many of the major features moved to patches probably for 2018 at the current pace
Did anyone forget about the failure that was citizencon (or was it gamescom?) last year when they totally duped us on the sq42 """""reveal"""" and had that ship advertisement? I just remembered that those events are right around the corner again. Waiting for what is to come this year!

Anywhere from thread #140 - #150 some user replied to me saying that we might reach thread #200 before we get 3.0 in our hands, and I said that we'd certainly have it way before then. I have not forgotten him. Now we're at thread #186 and 3.0 was pushed back yet again. I'll stop by again around gamescom or the 2 or 3 weeks after to for another check in, and hopefully the numbering conventions stick around for an evaluation. I will personally tell that user, if he is around, that I was entirely wrong if the thread is past 200 and 3.0 still isn't in sight. As payment for this halfway mark, have a meme.

How can you be so optimistic?

>we might reach thread #200 before we get 3.0 in our hands
That was me. I've been here for each thread since.
Even with all the dead threads and days without threads, we still might clear #200 before 3.0 is live.
Don't feel bad about it. We all feel bad. Feeling worse about because we saw it coming won't make it any less shitty.

NO EVOCATI

>Daymar, Cellin, and Yela

wait elite dangerous is an mmo?

i was being sarcastic, but you can be forgiven for being poed, given this game's more ardent supporters

Kinda sorta ish.
You can have up to 32 players in the same instance interacting online, but that never happens outside community events. Everyone is either not in the same system, since the galaxy is xbox hueg, or they're too scared of going online and stay in their solo/private groups safe space.

something tells me to not believe CIG's lies.

I'm still confident in betting on a late november/early desember release at the earliest.

>implying 3.0 will ever EVER be out in 2017

shiggy diggy

quince

What's the latest money making scheme there? Still running the galaxy's worst guided tours?

I heard FD killed stacking though?

If you have 3 of the same type of exploitable mission when you open the mission board, it won't allow you to take any more of that type. You can take every last one on the board in one go, though.
Say you have 2 tours loaded in your transaction and you log in to a fresh board with a total of 10 more. You can take all 10 for a total of 12.
So you basically board flip until you hit a motherlode and grab everything. You can safely take up to 2 missions before that as well, so while you're flipping and only seeing 4-5 at a time, you can still grab a couple of the juicier ones.

Missions types that are restricted to 3 (but still exploitable beyond that) in this way:
Massacre
Planetary scan
Tourism

Alternatively you can figure out an efficient route for Ram Tah's guardians mission for over 200mil in total.

>Ram Tah's guardians mission

What's this? I haven't played in a few months since I'm at Jacques, but I can feel the urge to play returning.

elitepve.com/viewtopic.php?t=7179

And before anyone screeches autistically about the group running the forum: idgaf.

If they can't fix that then yeah it probably would be but if they can fix it then it'll have no sign of slowing down. You'd need a minimum of 64 players per instance for basic capital ship combat.

>We also started two new ships and a personal transport vehicle. We also worked on Squadron 42 mission areas, Hurston shop interiors and landscape development. For Orison, we did initial development on landing zone gameplay areas. Plus, we spent time on all visual targets for surface outpost wear and tear, moons and Shubin’s exterior.

I'm bothered by their use of the words "new ship" when they are referring to announced, planned or expected planned ship.

>polishing a pre-alpha
>fuckingwhy.jpeg.avi.webm.tiff

isn't the point to test and flesh out game systems so when the fucking thing hits beta we don't end up with No Mans Sky 2: Electric Boogaloo

>we've taken so long to put this out and alters the contents so many times that nothing is integrated and everything fights with everything else because non of it has been properly tested.
>BTW we want to release this, the most significant and perhaps a make or break release as bug free as possible, so we're gonna delay it further to realllly test it.
>during that time we'll alter the contents list more and introduce more conflicts.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I have been beating the same drum for months, and would restate, CIG has fucked themselves by putting so much weight and emphasis on this 3.0 thing, and it's all because Sandi wanted to hype the ship out of the Polaris sale.

Except the retards who bought into SC but don't understand what an alpha is or what alpha testing means squeal like stuck pigs everytime they crash out or encounter a gamebreaking bug or die randomly in a meaningless sandbox. And then "game media" pick up the scent and starts spewing bullshit which further poisons SC's already noxious public image, everyone who isn't already a backer thinks SC is a massive scam/boondoggle.

They think that 3.0 is going to draw in a lot of potential new backers, so they're polishing it like a demo for marketing purposes.

a mix of this and Star Citizen is truly aiming higher in term of features synergy than any other game have until today. Taken separately all feature have been done somewhere else, but no other game mixed everything like they try to.

3.0 is their best/only chance to show that Star Citizen is technically possible.
If it doesn't work or the network is a lag festival, every retards who believe SC should be complete just because it look great graphically will be hurling and ruining their images.

Chris perfectionism and his imaginary deadline also doesn't help. I understand they won't release 3.0 unless it can solve the network problems.

I doubt that new ships and gun model remasters will break any tech from previous builds.

lets try having the thread not die before 100 posts

>dad claims CIG isn't actually developing multicrew features
>complains that focus on render to texture,one of the core technologies also used in multicrew, is halting it's progress

we're technically already well past 200

countless threads died before 50 posts without archival like this one will, and dickweed jim will go and copypaste the same OP i copypasted

we're at more like 210ish

>To give our planetary environments extra points of interest, and also an excuse to drive ground-based vehicles around at high speed, we thought the best way to do this was to build some rudimentary race tracks on the planets that would have been previously used by the research teams as a way to blow off steam and have fun.
I'm okay with this being a test ground for ground racing,but hope they move it somewhere else post 3.0.Adding a racetrack in a random moon with no context whatsoever isn't the kind of fidelity i expect from this game.

*delays your game*

3.0 in february 2018!

>delay patch
>put more features in that are somewhat nearing completion due to the delay
>fixing the broken-ass game delays the patch
>"oh by the way, did I mention that it still completely shits itself with more than 12 people in an instance?"

The longer the delays, the more features they feel they must add to justify the delay, which in turn adds more delays because of more bugs.

CIG entered the dark circle a long time ago and seems like they are going to stay there.

Quite the opposite, they're stripping out features.

And yet CIG and cultists spew out that 3.0 today is larger than the 3.0 from 2016...

Thats Will, a CIG employee.

>delay patch
>all they had to do to avoid backlash was writing "inshallah" in the schedule report

but it is

3 moons that you can actually land on and see in gameplay videos right now are alot bigger than 3 magical fantasy city-planets that never entered development and are just now entering r&d.

blame their PR honestly for giving people unrealistic expectations about how possible 2016's 3.0 was, and blame yourself for ever thinking that they'd have 3 fully fleshed out planets covered in cities and industrial zones

unless you were OK with the fact that 3.0 was just going to be 3 new area 18s to land at, and look at longingly from a distance, not real planets to land on lol.

netcode is the only part of old 3.0 anyone in their right mind should have thought was realistic

>Its your problem they were disingenous and lied

youtu.be/Z-3YBuFI3iI?t=25m27s
>with 3.0 we're gonna put the full Stanton system in there
>it's gonna include the major planets
>over a dozen moons
>30 or 40 space stations
But yes, the 3.0 we're getting is totally so much bigger than the one they announced because Will Leverett said so.

If you were dumb enough to actually expect that version of 3.0 any time inside 2 years then yeah, it's kinda your fault. it's been clearly stated so many times what the original 3.0 was going to be, but peoples' minds like to run wild with speculation which lets them believe that 3.0 was ever going to be more than a few more area 18s attached to cool looking planets that had no actual gameplay on them.

I mean if the 2 major 3.0 demos they showed off were showcasing massive sprawling city planets with a player covering thousands of KM on a fully fleshed out and AI populated planet, in a server full of 100 people sure. but the demos were literally highly controlled versions of what we're getting in 3.0 and it was made very clear what we were supposed to expect.

if they had anything to show off for massive city planets and most of the original listed 3.0 features i'm gonna go ahead and say they'd be eager to show that off, instead of the basic demos they did show off.

long as you're in agreement that old 3.0 was never ever going to be what CIG allowed people to hype it into due to massive PR failures, and that you're one of those people who allowed themselves to fantasize too much.

You disgust me, cigbot

the future is certain, it is only the past that is unpreictable.
Are you sure you're remembering correctly, user?

>no landing or exploration of any of the planets
>no mention of the fact that all 3 planets are massive sprawling cityscapes - major economic capitols of the entire galaxy and some of the most important planets in the games lore - or that they had the tech for that
>over a dozen barren lifeless rocks to land on and then do nothing with
>30 more cryastro stations, comm arrays to simply fill in the newly created empty space
between places
>Erin roberts directly confirming that there was no city tech or RnD for it, and that (((planets))) were literally going to be highly regulated area 18 landing zones with a few shops and quest NPCs

so yeah, much less than we're getting for current 3.0 unless you wanted 40 more places to fly to, do nothing at, and afk inside of wishing you had something to do after waiting on 3.0 for so long

We're still going to have highly regulated landing zones, difference between that and now is we have the freedom to explore fuck all rather than the ability to visit a place with meaning.

Oh, and do it in high fidelity 15fps with just as many max players./

Oh, and with no jobs other than cargo hauling, which will be barebones as fuck and redone again a few patches from now anyway

SO BIG

well just go to area 18 as it is now and pretend roleplay that you landed your ship somewhere nearby - that's what 3.0 planets were originally, with the added bonus of being able to see it from space and wishing it was a real object you could land anywhere on and actually go do things.

cargo and piracy were the only jobs ever stated to be in 3.0. bounty hunting is already in the game, at its most basic literal level and we were never given any official reason to think it was being further fleshed out.

If your definition of "bigger" is more places to fly to with no content or gameplay beyond what we've been doing since 2.0 then yeah, 3.0 is going to be a let down for you. like i said you can always just go hang out in the area 18 module and roleplay

Yeah I'll roleplay that 3.0 is bigger than it is, seems to be what you're doing

>cargo and piracy were the only jobs ever stated to be in 3.0.

factually incorrect, cigbot

>no jobs other than cargo hauling
and piracy,smuggling,trading,bounty hunting and patrol

what else was ever listed or stated to be in the game prior to 3.1?

go ahead and say mining so i know how delusional you are and can stop replying

>its delusional to believe the head of development saying mining will be in 3.0 means mining will be in 3.0

and people say the term cultist is going too far

LOL

LOL indeed mein freund

CIG mismanaged the fuck out 3.0 and now are pulling their usual bullshit of double talk and blaming backers. Now they come here and try to convince us we were wrong the whole time, like we weren't in each thread seeing the whole thing as it happened for years now.

What the fuck is your problem CIG?

You are the one fucking up if you think all the backers are as retarded as the regulars on the Spectrum.

> if you think all the backers are as retarded
Well I think it is pretty safe to say the backers are not the most intellectually gifted.

>implying CIG will leave their safe space
>to shill in a thread with less than 30 unique ips
big if tru

Is that an admission of guilt?

>it's the backers fault the game is not released
yeah, CIG just had too much to drink and it wasn't their fault, right?
the one place on the internet with a anonymous, unfiltered discussion of their game, and they aren't going to look or post.
Right.

Oh it totally is the fault of CIG, I'm just not sure what the backers did expect from them.

>tfw, E:D reaches 3.0 before SC

> just not sure what the backers did expect from them.
CIG shill detected. Jesus riding a pogo stick Christ. What else would they have to do? The backers expect to see the actual development of the game, but CIG's directors are so retardedly tonedeaf, they don't even realize that almost all the community problems are self inflicted.
Personally, I backed the game to see it developed because I naively thought that we would see the sausage as it is being made. Instead, 3.0 was developed in the dark with a few little tidbits dribbled out to keep up the illusion. CIG has been cockteasing their backers for so long that everyone is blueballed and sick of it.

STOP THIS IS A CHRISTIAN WEBSITE
Don't mention G-D name in vain

Kawaaaaiii!!!!11!!

>CIG shill
I don't like CIG, they've showed for quite some time that they are incompetent and I think the backers should've known better by this point than trust their words.

>CIG 1st party shillposting on /scg/
>on Veeky Forums
>on Veeky Forums.org

Were they not so bad at everything PR related this would be one of the most insane statements ever made in this general, even then you're pushing it

"cig is so incompetent! CIG lied to us!"
"Wow i expected so much more from 3.0 and was mislead for over a year by this fully competent company who has never lied to me before! CIG how could you?!"
"Surely i have not missed many very important informational releases from CIG where they've definitively removed all doubt about what is and isnt going to be in 3.0!"

Oh fuck off and go touch Will's fucking dick.

>they've showed for quite some time that they are incompetent
CIG's own metrics have to show this as well. The problem appears that they overwrite their schedule instead of appending it. Most places I have ever worked have done this. It's like a collective amnesia where lessons from the past are never learned.
Why does everyone think this is so far fetched with cocky narcissists like Will and Lando? 20 of their devs have public spectrum accounts, and plenty of them go online and state game policy.
Is it a good idea? No, but CIG has never shown an aversion to stupidity. I would not expect them to break that trend here.

Hi i work for CIG AMA

>narcissist namefags
>not using trips
you're a retard

They don't need to, all the cigbots on here proves that.
I just wonder how many of them will commit suicide if the SC project crashes and burns to a crisp though.

guys...pls just wait 1 more month....

>how many will commit suicide
None.They'll play it as a success like elite dads.

What exactly are the Thargoids going to do when they get here anyways?

Also does the Thargoid starmap actually point to anything?

Trips are a deflection. They specifically would not use trips to avoid having it directly connected. They are retarded, not crazy.
After considering it for a bit, the sensible thing to do would be to steer the discussion and try to gauge what the reaction is, so CIG by default would be too stupid to do that. I'm probably giving their capabilities way too much credit, you guys are probably right.

Yeah... just like the last 2 months and now 3 with the september aim goal.
inb4 it becomes late December as the 'facade' will crash and burn with this "bigger than the original 3.0" shit and just admit they probably aren't gonna make it this year and that we COULD see it early next year *wink *wink.

youtube.com/watch?v=jEI3N9kIyP4

Ahhh! homeless santa has come out to play.
So when can we expect you and the (((community managers))) to stop filling backers up with shit good sir?

When you faggots stop sucking dick .

I feel pretty safe saying that won't happen even with all of cigs delays.

I'm convinced this is Lando.
Are you losing weight because what is happening to Ben scares you, or do you try to make it look easy to spite him?

What would E:D 2.5 through 3.0 even add?

SPACELEGS?

e:d goes f2p after frontier sells most its shares to gooks

It would probably jump from 2.5 straight to 3.0 with a new expansion, like Horizons did. It could add atmospheric landings, and more ground vehicles/ships/fighters. Perhaps spacelegs, Braben has said he'd like to do that.

that's an improvement

I'd like spacelegs if only because an Adder or Hauler is about the same size as a Freelancer but they certainly don't feel the same size.