/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #856 - sonic is perfect eddition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Mania - Special Stages, Bonuses, and Time Attack
youtube.com/watch?v=Qoc-As7hWc4

Sonic Mania OST - Stardust Speedway Zone Act 1
youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5iLGWqg4M

Sonic Mania OST - Special Stage ("Dimension Heist")
youtube.com/watch?v=OLcblxrrE0Q

Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jadii
boards.Veeky
github.com/MasterOfWebM/WebM-Converter
models-resource.com/gamecube/sonicadventuredxdirectorscut/model/258/
youtu.be/pkzvnSyFQJg?t=318
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sonic is not perfect.

Guys i found a leaked image of one of the unlockable charicters in mania.spoilers for mania

What could pawsibly go wrong?

Here's a Bump.
(bg comes with csp)

cute!

Cute!

SONIC BOOM RISE OF LYRICS IS A BAD GAME

>Meanwhile, in 2011 of /ghts/

Fella, I gotta say that is some fucked up shit.

This is nice. Who made this?

I'm starting to agree with Shay when he says green eyes make Sonic look more cocky and mischievous. Green eye Classic looks like a little shithead, while black eye Modern looks like a relatively nice dude.

That's an amazing, cute, and amazingly cute Bump. 10/10.

Thanks!

I made it.

Is it weird that I'm a Sonamyfag but I don't care about the ship in Boom? I guess because they feel like different characters to me. It's the only place where it can happen so I guess I should appreciate it while it lasts.

You're good. Do you have a site you dump your art on, or do you just post here?

Thanks user!

I posted my social media in the last thread
I usually just post to twitter nowadays

Honey!

Post the twitter, user

Any updates from the user who was working with the kit this morning? If you're still here I wanna see screenshots.

That's some good shit!

I posted the Sage a shit screenshot earlier, but the rest of my day became busy as hell before I could do any more. Got some free time now, so I'm gonna make some hills to roll around in.

twitter.com/jadii

Here's that oc I said I would scan boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/184884867/#p184976008

it's probably one of my oldests oc's ever. I came up with him way back when Sonic X was airing. It's basically a emerl clone that eggman created after studying the original. however they weren't as sturdy so were basically glass cannons for sonic and pals to struggle against

do you think that since mania will sell well they will get the dev of sonic utopia to make a 3d game like they did with taxman?

Meant to add: Currently using it now. Give me about an hour & I may drop some screenshots.

Oi, how the fuck do I add the Sonic Adventure DLC to the dreamcast version nowadays?

Why would they do that

Sweet. Can't wait.

As long as they don't put him in a leadership role and make sure that he has lots of team members to keep his massive ego in check. He's a bit of an asshole. A very skilled asshole that I'd be happy to see doing official work someday, but still an asshole.

Taxman and Stealth both pitched in an idea and hosted it to Sega, to recreate Sonic CD from the ground up, and had most of the basics already there. They had their own company, their own programmers, a fully done pitch etc. And after they worked with Sega recreating their stuff they got around to being in the good books for this.

What I'm trying to say is that they're not going to grab someone who made a (a damn fun thing though) tech demo in Unity to host the next 3d game.

You forgot to remove the extra embeds and the edition part looks rather lazy and badly-made.

Are you using Demul? It's the one that has support for downloadable content.

Fibonacci confirmed??

At it again

There's really no good references for Epsilon though, no idea what the back of those Stinger missile launchers look like

>we might be getting another animation

So do you guys think forces will bring sonic's rep up or make the community more deplorable?

Just started rolling down a hill in the devkit & HOLY SHIT A SHIELD

Should I play Sonic R? I watched some gameplay webms and it looks kind of fun.

if you don't have to pay for it, sure.

or at least if you don't have to spend much on it.

>that Bump

Cool. Which one of Gamma's brothers is your favorite?

Delta, but I'm biased due to color schemes.

It's kind of a shame that I'm spending more time just making hills, rolling around & trying to go through all 3 of those loops than trying to actually make a level.

Too weeb for me, but thanks for sharing. Also, that is a cute Dawn picture you got there.

Gosh, Pokémon used to be good...

mind sharing the sause my dude?

Blue is my favorite color too, but I would say Epsilon or Beta.

I actually didn't post it, another user did to my surprise.
Yeah my twitter is pretty weeby tbph, I made an art only twitter to RT just my art but people seem to put up with the weeb shit for some reason.
And thanks.

Yeah... sun/moon were a let down to be honest. I think they were better than ORAS but that's not saying much. I hope gamefreak gets out of their slump.

Comic is in the trash thread

>Arms in different colors

i'm unusually happy about the fact that you can play as Knuckles and Tails in Mania

i don't even know why

if they announced Mania and said you could only play as Sonic, I'd still be excited as fuck

but knuckles and tails? aw shit yall
give me my cute fox child and handsome dread man

Currently messing around with Homing Attacks. Two more screenshots & I should be done!

BTW GHPAnon, what do you use to record the WEBMs you post?

Because they haven't been playable in many years.

POST FOX BOYS!

if you insist user.

Hey man, thanks. Bump walking through a park/forest sounds like a great idea.

I hollered when Knuckles' head shot came up in the trailer

Remove Foxes.

>"And he never gives up. That's what I find so inspiring about people like you two. No matter what, you keep fighting."
>"You keep fighting..."

I love this moment so much. I'm glad Archie was able to bring out the greatest of Sonic's underutilized and mistreated cast of companions to the fullest during its run, and I hope the IDW comic keeps it up.

What do you have against Tails?

DELET THIS

That's where it all starts. Keep having fun. When you get more comfortable, maybe try playing with the spline tools as well to see where you get with that.
I record the footage with OBS in MP4 format. Then I use github.com/MasterOfWebM/WebM-Converter
to convert to Webm.

He has stupid hair.

Look at the uploaded ripped model. Someone probably has it somewhere.

models-resource.com/gamecube/sonicadventuredxdirectorscut/model/258/

I think Sonic is cool and i get enjoyment out of playing his games.

Why are there people who hate Pollock Eggman? Where did their souls go?

Already checked that, it's just the gamma model with Epsilon's textures, doesn't have the Stinger Launchers

Get a load of this fucking nerd.

Do you feel stronger after grabbing that ring?

I could probably have a root around and see if I can pull the raw model for you from the game. I tend to have a knack for it.

Do you think Sonic is bothered by his huge fucking nose being right in the middle of his sight all the time?

yes

Probably stops noticing it after awhile..

You are now aware that you can see your own nose at all times.

Unless your nose is really small you've got it right in the center of your vision too.
You just don't notice it unless you specifically look for it.

>models-resource.com/gamecube/sonicadventuredxdirectorscut/model/258/
Those were cutscenes models from the egg carrier.

Actually no, my nose is largely invisible to me unless I look down and cross my eyes, or close one eye and look right at it.

when did this happen in sonic x?

Appreciate it but I'm just going to spitball it based off a Sonic X screenshot. Was trying to avoid referencing it since the art murders the E-series designs but it'll do

Japanese OP, I think?

add foxes
and reptiles
and cervids

I don't have such a protruding nose as the rat.

You have 10 seconds to post the dankest Sonic memes you have on your computer OR ELSE.

why do I find Shadow and Cream pics so cute

So we're all in agreement that Sonic Forces was originally a trio of Sonics (Classic, modern and Boom) until a decision was made for the OC to replace Boom Sonic in an effort for SEGA to distance itself from Boom and that Classic Sonic feels a bit out of place due to the change, right?

youtu.be/pkzvnSyFQJg?t=318
Looked familiar.

Ah! Kinda had a feeling you were using OBS, but I wanted to be sure. And seeing as how I just fucking died trying to take another screenshot, I think I'm gonna call it a night. It's been fun & charging a spin dash in place causing any badniks coming towards you to blow up is pretty great.

I might download OBS so I can finally make some WEBMs of this. It's pretty fun to use.

Does anyone have any tips on speedrunning the classic Sonic games, specifically 3 & Knuckles? People make it look so easy and always seem to keep continuous momentum, meanwhile I'm running into literally everything.

To make my screenshots I typically pause the game in the editor and go back to the scene view. Then I can take the camera anywhere I like to get dynamic angles like these.

But that's not Shadow
Where did the whole "third Sonic" thing even came from before they announced the third gameplay?

There's no way they would have put 3 Sonic's in a game together.
It was originally gonna be Bubsy but then they changed their minds.

Why does Labyrinth Zone so shit?