/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Forever /svgg/

/hsg/ is mad edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and "vaguely not" dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general
>Warthunder, found in the Warthunder general, /wtg/, not in this general.
>Crossout on /rcg/ and yadda yadda ran out of characters
If you're looking for any of the aforementioned generals, please use the catalog search function, or learn how to use the built in filters.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is dead again. RIP in piss. (1181502)
>space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Us0LKXpEZ07eWFpUvuUSgaAtT8w9vNs2QlmYWe0H7kU/
forum.crossout.ru/index.php?/topic/12058-novichkam-tsifrovye-znacheniya-vsekh-modulei-vooruzheniya-i-kalkulyatory/
forum.crossout.ru/index.php?/topic/12037-gaid-konstruirovanie-struktura-khp/
forum.crossout.ru/index.php?/topic/16299-gaid-konstruirovanie-kreplenie-vooruzheniya/
youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>That card

sides failure imminent

3rd for no god

4th for unbridled sex with changing partners

first launch planned for 2017

>doing daily do a mission missions
>eurobeating it up
>rush enemy spawn for an easy flank
>almost drift into two enemy trucks having sex
>try to play it cool
>they get angry and chase me out
i just wanted to do my dailies

7th for brutal asspounding.

Voyeurism is frowned upon for a reason, you should be ashamed of yourself. Think about how they must have felt.

i didn't mean to ;_;

beginning of the month is always the worst time to play ranked, I'm just trying to play fun decks and it's just spergs shitting themselves playing lame net decks

I'd basically have to play murloc pally if I wanted to get to a rank with less spergs, I was playing more fun decks at rank 10 than rank 20

honk honk

Wrong thread retard.

this should honestly be a proper game mechanic: relinquishing all manner of self-propulsion for the ability to equip your rig with maximum firepower and armor

Was really confused about this post then I saw the image in OP.

Well played, OP.

This general is dedder than ever and I keep coming back. Why are we still here?

Just to fuck with /hsg/?

Just because...

Because we can't leave

I come here to keep updated on the happenings of Space Engineers. I tried browsing Sapce Engineers subreddit but I just can't fathom reddit in general.

Every night I feel my CLANG

The botes I've lost... the /egg/men I've lost....

It wont stop CLANGING...

I'm going to make them give back our simspeed

WOOOOOHOOOOAAAA

To be fair most of the people from /hsg/ are probably alright
It's just a certain few people.

Handy dandy links for Kekout

crossoutdb.com
>a market and crafting database for all your jewing needs;
WARNING! SLAVRUNES AHEAD!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Us0LKXpEZ07eWFpUvuUSgaAtT8w9vNs2QlmYWe0H7kU/
forum.crossout.ru/index.php?/topic/12058-novichkam-tsifrovye-znacheniya-vsekh-modulei-vooruzheniya-i-kalkulyatory/
>the complete and regularly updated spreadsheet of all ingame item stats, level up and DPS calculator;
forum.crossout.ru/index.php?/topic/12037-gaid-konstruirovanie-struktura-khp/
>Structure (HP) explained;
forum.crossout.ru/index.php?/topic/16299-gaid-konstruirovanie-kreplenie-vooruzheniya/
>Mounting weapons how-to.

Maybe it IS time to spin off into /xog/ - Russian Jewy Scam Games General

Did the game just get worse?

I remember getting 20 fps on an AMD m265 and 60+ fps on AMD 380x on blandds.

But now this I'm below 15 fps.

>Did the game just get worse?
The answer is usually yes, for any game in the /egg/ menagerie.

Why can't there be a good /egg/-related game to keep the thread afloat? I got sick of Crossout after two days, and before that the Factorio-posting was the driest thing since the Bonneville salt-flats formed.

Is /egg/ inherently boring?

Only if you find the games in here boring

Why was the Factorio posting dry? I loaded up this thread because I've been playing that recently and having fun.

What we need is more chodeposting

I like the games, I just don't play the MAIN /egg/ games (Spengies, Factorio, now Crossout)

Before Crossout was the main attraction, Factorio posting was the bread and butter of the thread. Currently, and before the aforementioned period, Factorio-posting has been in moderation and very acceptable. When all people talk about is their fucking buses for threads on end it gets boring.

This, basically

You need intense autism powers to find any /egg/ games entertaining for more than a week.

>Is /egg/ inherently boring?
Is inherently a disappointment because of how niche it is.
Still glad that it wasnt watered down or killed like other genres.

Hahaha. I think you're right. I don't have that intense of autism, and play more non/egg/ than /egg/ these days. This is still my home thread though because I [jerkoff incoming] like being around intelligent people.

Yeah you're right. Our baby might not grow much, but at least it's not getting raped by the industry.

Imagine how much clang an EA game as half-assed as ME:A would have.

The problem isn't crossout, but the fact that there isn't anything better than crossout to sustain us.

Some of us really enjoy arena games and really enjoy engineering yet find a lack of games that put the two together.

Robocraft started to feed us canned hotdogs, and that was fine because we had nothing else to eat that we could bear. Then they swapped it out for dogfood, so now we're consuming crossout canned meatballs.

Yeah I think that's at the core of my complaints. I don't hate Factorio or Crossout or whatever else sustains us. I hate the fact that they're all that sustains us through slow times.

I meant more that the players who want engineering-arena PvP games only have robocraft and crossout to fuck around on, though that works too I suppose.

The great thing about such games is you have a solid purpose to your engineering which you can actively trial against the machinations of others. Only, the multiplayer nature of the games drive developers to model the games as the free-to-play fuckfests that demand a wider audience base and water down the experience.

I do feel a bit guilty that I don't play and post the other /egg/ games more but FTD is a bit tricky to get started on, infinifactory only lasts for so long, factorio eventually gets a bit stale eventually although it's a much easier game to get into, spengies often requires you to make up a task if you want to do shit beyond mining and so forth and so forth.

Factorio doesn't look like it changed much in the year-and-a-half or so I haven't been playing it, though.

Near-death experience page

>Why are hearthstone players so insufferable
I know right? Not a single one of them is worth their volume on air.

So when is it?

>How it feels to use the Clarinet TOW with lag
youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ

>mfw farming brawls

>EU gets it on the 11th

Why are we always getting cucked?

What?

>tfw you hit the scrap limit on the same day it resets by playing brawls, meaning you have nothing worth grinding out for a whole week till it resets again

Jew the market user.
Grind them shekels.

>engineering

botes?

>Broke
Fuck you.

>TFW shitting up big black scorpions with leetproskills and nobody comes up to say 'Fuck you, X' except someone in-game acusing of aimbot use

Fuck

Why can I not get into any brawls?
They all have a lock icon on them.

fuck
so destroying a part does damage your overall hp
fucking jews

Knights of the Frozen Throne, what else?

they're only open at certain times in the week

>you can have fun
>BUT ONLY ON WEDNESDAY FROM 1 TO 3
why
i dont understand

I must be autistic as fuck then since I'm the only one still playing this shit two years after it stopped being FOTM

If they were open all the time it'd increase wait times for the main game mode. Well, that's the theory, anyway. Also this way they can put higher scrap rewards and not have to extend scrap limits?

Maybe it's a bit silly but eh.

>I must be autistic as fuck
Indeed, you still haven't learned the difference between png and jpg.

Besiege takes screenshots in png and I can't be arsed to convert them because they're not that heavy anyway. Unless I make something like this which in png is something like 6 mb.

please explain shotguns
dude has two of them and i die in 1 second
i put 3 on and it does fuck all even point blank

Git gud

Also cooling can be important

could be co-driver perks, fusion, rarity or weapon cooldown gear

am i a pleb for prefering machinguns?
should i buy better ones like vector?
3 chord vs 2 vector
what would be better?
im so confused

first thing you should get is the blue weapons cooler from engies

build depends on cabin/ps bracket but more usually = better

shadowverse

I wouldn't bother too much with shotguns until the higher power scores where you have more armour to chew through, but honestly at low powerscores I dare say anything works in a way.

Two vectors would generally be better than 3 chords, but you have to remember that the vectors would be slightly easier to remove. The vector's main problem is it's quite easy to remove, though not quite as easy as the AT wasp.

why would i need a cooler?..
my weapons dont overheat

unless you're running rockets/cannons/drones then you'll need one

machine guns
i dont see a point in coolers when you cant shoot more than a burst without crosshair flaring out anyway

If you've got an extra energy point spare you can't fit a machine gun but you can fit a cooler.

I wouldn't say it's awfully necessary, only really necessary for shotguns.

i usually put boosters for spare points

Oh shit nigga what're you doing

I wish I could build this plane and rain rockets at people.

Of course I forget my pic.

FAST

>Some chucklehead tries to ram me head-on with melee weapons
>Eats a face-full of cannon and loses half their front end
Funny every time.

I'm already planning to do something like that.
I have two hermes boosters, but honestly I don't think those are likely too necessary, maybe?
A normal booster gives X thrust for Y length of time.
A rocket booster gives 4X/3 thrust for 1.5Y-ish length of time.
A hermes booster gives 5X/3 thrust for 1.5Y-ish length of time.
Hermes boosters are also way bulkier and more awkward. But, I guess they get a fair bit of extra durability.

If a booster does anything for you that probably means you don't have enough armour or something.

>TOW hidden on the back of vehicle
>Driving away being chased by some melee trapping fag
>Spew rockets in their face

MINIMAL ARMOR

>Boosters can't be rotated to point downwards
>Can't make a bouncing-betty car

>point one booster left
>point 6 boosters right
>fire left one
>youre on your side
>fire right ones
>SPEEEESSS

>another two shitty weekends
I hate this fucking event.

what i want to know is if you can get the reaper airborne with enough hermes boosters so you can use it to rain lead on people while keeping yourself airborne

whats the point? just get guided rockets
you cant steer in the air really so youd be fucked flying off somewhere anyway after the initial jump

AT Wasp any good?
I want to explode melee shitters

All this complaining about crossout reminds me of the war thunder general

Gaijin really are experts at making people mad

>scrap prices is proportional to common loot prices

I should have realized this sooner. Now every drop sells for about 0.08-9 while 100 scrap are middling at 8.87 and rising.

Powerful but very low structure.
It works, but you have to be careful to protect them.

Oh, this is gaijin?
No wonder the jew factor is off the scale
warthunder was actually good back in the day

Well, yes, because a common loot is 1/100th of a piece of scrap.

Though, with only 20 buy slots and limited warehouse space, it's a real damn pain to buy a ton of items just to turn them into scrap and re-sell them.

so what does that mean?
save scrap?

>almost drift
because you hit a wall

That's almost how i ended up here, but stayed for fugtorio, zachtronics (which I had been playing before), and quality nuclear discussions
well... "quality" "nuclear" "discussions"

Still new at this game and I'm in need of scraps for crafting since I've hit my weekly limit. Been thinking of buying in bulk of cheap drops and just make my own scraps OR I start peddling my loot and hope the scrap price drops for profit.

>factorio
>boring
what else? the conveyor belts make you dizzy?

>one shot by weapon
>buy weapon
>unload everything
>guy not dead
when will this meme end
rockets are shit

so you are telling us we need more besiege and shenzenI/O posting
or the aglodooanon to stop being ded
wait for multiverseā„¢