/Sape/ Grimoire General

A general for Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HS2GCyI9v7w
youtube.com/watch?v=owWJUD-QUls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kill Little Rosy and everyone in town will hate you.

>/sape/
Ok you got me

she can be killed?

>Killing rosy
fit me 1vs1 u fuckin fagget

is there a general for this type of game? if no this can be one too!

There isn't but there should be

/vr/ has a Might & Magic general, that's probably the closest you can find

Should I do a quick start or assemble my own party?

Grimwah is its own beast. It separates the Neanderthal from the lowly, emasculated Sapes and deserves its own general.

Didn't you see the option where you can outright attack her?

But why would you though? Rosy is bae.

youtube.com/watch?v=HS2GCyI9v7w

RIGHT FROM THE MOUTH OF ROBERT SIROTEK HIMSELF, STARTS AT THE 7 MINUTE MARK
Stones of Arnhem was literally not Wizardry 8. Sir-Tech officially closed the Australia office after Wizardry 8 was put out on the market. Stones of Arnhem was started on Sir-Tech's dime in this remote studio under their control, it started running over budget and was on the verge of cancelling, Cleve was picked up to try and salvage/finish the game and IF!, IF it was good enough it might earn association with the Wizardry name. Cleve didn't deliver in the 3 months it was expected, he got fucking butthurt when Robert shitcanned the project to cut their losses, and that was that. Cleve saved all his work, and lo & behold, here we are 24 fucking years later.

Anyone know what all the classes do in a general sense?

I have no idea what sage, jester, etc. are about.

>fight Green Hand Gang
>no penetration
>no penetration
>no penetration

Holy fuck, give me some tips bros. I already know about the vitality thing and keep it at high levels, but my attacks still connect only like 25% of the time. Are these enemies more resistant to certain weapon types or something?

I can at least say my Sage is my favorite party member right now. Best AoE damage, best debuffer, second best healer. And he has all the utility spells for detection and shit. No HP whatsoever though.

I hear you need high VIT to get reliable penetration and hits so don't go into the fight unless all your bars are full.
Bring a bard too, they're fucking broken.

1. Beat the first dungeon (you'll be level 2 at least)
2. Ensure that you have high vitality/stamina (that greatly affects your chance to pierce)
3. Use spells such as sleep, poison, etc. They are extremely deadly compared to JRPGs
4. ????
5. Dine in hell

Also, Bards are extremely OP. They can keep enemies permanently paralyzed and you can find an instrument in the first town that does 15 damage to all enemies which cannot be resisted.

so just like how they were in VI & VII?

youtube.com/watch?v=owWJUD-QUls

I was too busy enjoying the town's little moments

memes aside is it any good? I love M&M

It's closer to the latter wizardrys, you are going to like it if you like them

Has anyone else been using the Bless spell? I've been using it but I can't seem to notice any significant benefits. Also, do you benefit from it if you cast it before a battle?

Upload latest version

Loving how brigands and guards alike pile on you when you're strolling through town

Sage is useful.

Pirate and Jester are shitty thieves. They have different weapon skills and equips but that's about it, but you'll end up playing it the same as a thief anyway with Hide -> Backstab with knives.

Sage is useful because it learns everything you need for exploration and has a large MP pool, but just having a Sage doesn't mean you can afford to go without a Cleric. It is the utility mage.

Thaumaturge is the Damage Mage, but it isn't as good as Necromancer for Damage because less damage and no conditions.
Wizard is a mix of Utility and Damage but is missing some vital spells that Sage benefits from and has huge MP issues.
Cleric is a healer for the most part, it has some buffs but usually you'll be healing either Vitality with Refresh, removing conditions or healing HP. Best to leave Buffs to the Sage in battle. The cleric also seems to have the highest MP Regen of the casters.

Templar is shit. Too high stat requirements, it's not as good as Cleric or Warrior.

Warrior is a standard fighter, problem is, the Metalsmith is better in every way, in that it has the same fighting skills and HP, but better stats and has high barter and high metallurgy for crafting.

Berserker is a better offensive fighter than anyone, currently bugged in that with an axe, if you berserk once in one battle, the axe will keep Berserking as long as you just don't touch it's actions, so you get that free damage without having that 50% chance to hit allies that Berserk usually has.

Bard is OP as fuck. The first town has a Thistle Whistle in a locked house, it ignores AC and DR and attacks an entire enemy group, but it is a secondary weapon. The Primary Weapon for a bard has a Music% chance to apply it's status effect, you start with sleep and later will find other lutes with Paralyze, Confusion, Charm, etc. This means a Bard will deal 15+ AoE damage with every extra attack, and will have a 100% chance to apply status effects every turn to an entire group of enemies.

Shrill sound is a pretty nice spell. It deals damage to ALL enemies and blind bats on top of that.

Rangers are supposed to be for scouting and ranged weapons, but it isn't worth using a ranged weapon. Arrows and shit are far too expensive and ranged weapons generally only deal 1d4 damage. With back-rows not having a range-penalty and a Sage to keep Detect Secrets on 24/7, there is no point of a Ranger.

Another thing about Sages, is that they have a very wide spell list. They can just scribe the spellbooks you find, allowing them to cast most spells in the game without any penalty.

For Stats, generally, you want to start with HP because otherwise your party is liable to get one-shot by everything. This means advanced classes will have very low HP. Bonus Stats are nice too depending on the class, such as a Cleric with higher Devotion, but in exchange that character will be at 8 HP or less which will make the beginning much harder. Your front 2 party members need HP to survive with high defensive stats. Your other party members generally just need enough HP to survive a fireball or breath-weapons.

DES/Destiny's only use so far seems to be a % chance to ignore death, so when you receive a killing blow, sometimes Destiny will keep you alive with a few HP left instead.

All classes can cast magic and gain MP per level, but not all classes actually learn spells naturally. A Metalsmith can cast elemental magic if points are put into Alchemy, but he won't learn spells naturally.

I noticed the problem about back-row casters getting killed by a single attack. Is raising CON the right way to increase HP? That's what I've been doing, but it's purely guesswork.

Raising CON will not increase HP. It might increase HP gain per level but it will not increase the HP a character currently has. After putting 20 points into CON, the HP and VIT have remained unchanged. Resistances and TAC also seem unchanged.

Probably the easiest way is to select the Bonus Points to HP at the start. Bonus Points to Skill is useless because you gain a good amount per level and you can easily raise skills through play and DES doesn't seem useful enough to warrant points unless there are some hidden triggers that require a party member with high DES.

Until someone actually figures out what each stat really does and affects, or until the manual comes out next week, everything will need to actually be tested.

>currently bugged in that with an axe, if you berserk once in one battle, the axe will keep Berserking as long as you just don't touch it's actions
20 years of testing well spent.

Is there anything a thief can do that a pirate or jester can't?

Alright, that's what I thought. In hindsight I would have picked HP bonus at the start every time, yeah.

But that's cool, I'll make it work somehow.

anyone solve this yet?

it's spelled out for you in your journal

Here:
Thief:
Archery/Axe&Scimitar/Backstabbing/Bladesmanship/Hammer&Mace/Lash&Chain/Shield/Slings&Bolas/Spear&Lance/Staff&Rod/Swordsmanship
Climbing/Evasion/Hand to Hand/Inspection/Lockpicking/Robbery/Scout/Stealth/Swimming/Throwing
Alchemistry/Assaying/Barter/Incantation/Invocation/Mephistics/Mythology/Scribe

Assassin:
Archery/Axe&Scimitar/Backstabbing/Bladesmanship/Hammer&Mace/Lash&Chain/Shield/Slings&Bolas/Spear&Lance/Staff&Rod/Swordsmanship
Climbing/Evasion/Hand to Hand/Inspection/Iron Hands/Lethal Blow/Lockpicking/Ninjitsu/Robbery/Scout/Stealth/Swimming/Throwing
Alchemistry/Assaying/Barter/Incantation/Invocation/Mephistics/Mythology/Scribe

Pirate:
Climbing/Evasion/Hand to Hand/Inspection/Lethal Blow/Lockpicking/Robbery/Scout/Stealth/Swimming/Throwing
Assaying/Barter/Diplomacy/Incantation/Invocation/Mephistics/Mythology/Scribe/Sorcery

Jester:
Climbing/Evasion/Hand to Hand/Inspection/Iron Hands/Lethal Blow/Lockpicking/Music/Ninjitsu/Robbery/Scout/Stealth/Swimming/Throwing/Trickery
Assaying/Barter/Incantation/Invocation/Mephistics/Mythology/Scribe/Sorcery

None of them have natural spellcasting and rely on scribe+spellbooks and skill levels to actually cast spells.

Jester is all of the thieves together with some added bardic music but requires around 170 BP at character creation so a very high level character to class change into.
Assassin is a worse Jester in terms of less skills but has much easier stat requirements and still has Lethal Blow[The Skill allowing for one-hit kills].
Thief is base and is the only one you can actually start off with in Character creation anyway so it's a good way to train up skills.
Pirate is just Thief with Lethal Blow basically.

Iron Hands/Hand to Hand/Ninjitsu are all tied to unarmed damage. So an Assassin/Jester can go completely unarmed and still be dangerous although Daggers do apply poison and other status effects and allow for backstabbing.

Thanks for the information. So a thief can eventually turn into a monk/ninja guy and the pirate has to have more going on than meets the eye. I assume skill caps vary across the classes to differentiate them.

why do i keep getting these as my first encounter

>Ya Winnin with that portrait.
First dumbass name to make me laugh.

I feel embarrassed asking this, but how do I fight? Got those first worms encounter and whatever I click, nothing seems to happen. How to actually order an attack or something?

I might be wrong, but as far as I can tell, everyone can hit 100 in every skill as long as they have access to it.

For example, a Metalsmith and Barbarian also have access to Lethal Blow and can learn to use it as well as any assassin-type character. This is another reason why there is never a need to have a pure-warrior.

A Sage can use music as well as a bard, but they don't start with a Lyre and you need to put points into Music to actually start it up, but once you put in about 10 points, they can get it to 100 just through lyre use like a bard would.

Isn't that thistle whistle bard only? I imagine there's class specific items and spells to differentiate classes? I dig classes being, to some extent, just suggestions that are highly malleable but they surely have some reason for existing.

Nevermind, I'm retarded, I had to order everyone something and then press battle.
Now, is there a way to speed up the fighting? Those animations get tiring around second random encounter. Would much prefer to play this game in the roguelike tempo, skipping over easy encounters.

Just checked by giving myself thousands of skill points and yes, you can hit 100 on any skill you have access to. For example, this Metalsmith who decided he wanted to be a magician.

It just will take a long time to get up to 100 on every skill through pure use, but any class can get to 100 in any skill they have access to, so there are no skill caps on classes.

All musical instruments are only usable by Bard/Sage/Jester.

These 3 being the only 3 classes with access to the Music Skill anyway.

Press or hold enter to speed through the combat.

Also, the order you give to a character is remembered for the succeeding turns.

How do you get that screen? I've assayed some items but all it does is give me the name of the item.

Open equipment screen, change your highest assay member's icon into the Hourglass, then drag and hold the item onto the hour-glass to see the item's specific stats.

It will tell you if it is fragile, what type of item it is, what skills the item relies on, how much it sells for, how much damage it does/how much AC it gives and so on.

For example, the Thistle Whistle relies on Music Stat, is a Lute type, casts Shrill Sound with a success % depending on your Music Skill and invokes as though it was cast with a spell power of 7.

What's happening here?

>Hourglass

Magnifying Glass. Sorry, it's late.

is it actually the full game or still the demo.

Standing there for a few seconds cured the disease of my characters.

It's the full game. He just forgot to change the project information.

So has anyone actually rode a turtle yet?

Also,
>Savescumming

Items in chests will change when you load. Chests all have set items, but not all of them are 100% to be found.

For example, one chest has a Bullwhip and a Leather Helmet at 100%, but then has at much lower percents, a few scrolls, a Spellbook, Lead Balls, Arrows and a magic off-hand Holy Symbol.

So you can save before opening the chest, then reload if you get shit until you get the good items.

I get huge lag whenever I try to use bard skills

cool

Does anyone have an idea what the icons above the spell descriptions mean?

I get the speech bubble icon with Strength but not with Haste.

Do I get some kind of indication that I've done this puzzle right?

When you're able to pull the lever in the secret room beyond the pool/canal in the floor below

Damn.. I have no idea what lever you're takling about but I think I might know the pool/canal you're talking about, but there's not much there aside from water that is drowning me.

Iirc the hidden door should be about where the red 1 is

That helped a lot. Thanks.

I hope you have a sage with detect secret up 24/7 or you're going to miss a fuck ton of shit

Oh shit, really? Thankfully I have a mage but I haven't used detect secret.

Anyone figured out how Identify is supposed to work yet?

>assertion failed

more like this game failed lmao

wtf every time my dwarf warrior rests he gets a bit paralyzed

and now I'm out of paralyze heal and have no idea how to get rid of it.

what the hell is going on with this game?

Is there a shop or something to visit before you fight the guardian?

Cast spell and the next item assay will be successful, I think? My thief has trouble assaying some items but having my wizard cast Identify before assaying makes the thief successful. I can't tell the difference between power levels, even the lowest one works fine.

>tfw still no version that fits my screen

My guess is that casting the spell has a verbal component, so you can't cast it if you're silenced?

Is it worth the weight?

Your fault for getting one of those modern ghosting TFTs, true gamers play with CRT

What do i do here?

>tfw eye race is immune against the item that res dead people
wow

Spam space key against all walls.

Does anyone know how to split an item stack? My thief can't carry this entire stack of 33 throwing knives, I just wanna give her one to stab with.

>finally make it to town
>everything in there wrecks my shit

I'm glad I didn't pay for it

Got flip some switches spread throughout the dungeon

I barely got past the Green Hand Gang, you're telling me it only gets worse from there?

Would a 4-man party be a complete disaster? Eight people just seems like a clusterfuck.

So what are you supposed to do with the npc? I don't know how to talk to them, all I know is if you say trade they'll tell you about their trade. If you say help they'll say "with what?" And I know you can recruit/sell/buy stuff from them, but that's it

Can someone upload the latest version? just upload your steam folder somewhere.

What more do you want? You can kill them, if you like.

I want Full Sentence Communication with NPCs

You talk to them through keywords.

Otherwise, you can't really.

Holy fuck, some of those curses on items are savage

Charm is OP, it works on all bosses encountered so far.

Use a mage to charm enemies and they will attack allies, then sleep or confuse or paralyze with a bard to knock them out of the fight.

All you need to do is survive the first round in combat, and you are fine.

No need to survive the first round if you have haste
I couldn't beat the ?goat? cat at first because he ALWAYS killed my 2 mages in the first turn until I hasted my bard before the fight

Inventory management is unbelievably tedious

maybe if you're a sape brainlet

can we make our own portraits?

I've been trying to recruit Mordecai with 7 party members but it just says no room in party for him.

he's a big guy

for you.

What's Mordecai's endgame?

what genre is this?

blobber

>touching an instrument with any character, that doesn't have the music skill
SHIGGY

Dungeon Crawler