/hg/ - Halo General

Updated Pastebin Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 "Operation Spearbreaker" and Serina DLC packs are available now for $5.99 seperately, $9.99 as a package, or at no charge for season pass owners
- Operation Spearbreaker is a 2-mission mini campaign where players take command of an elite ODST squad to stop a Banished plot
- Serina is a new leader available for multiplayer with her own unique unique units, leader powers, and blitz cards
- Both DLC packs come with their own obtainable achievements

>Latest Halo Community Update:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/summer-sizzle

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>>>news

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/W9ftu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who plays bass in Chief's band?

Shouldn't Chief's arm be cut off from that

Shhhh

The other OP poster was very mature about letting us use this thread instead of his even though he was first.

In respect, here is his pic.

B-But French was /our guy/...

>tfw I love Tom French even more now
Take us to new heights, Tom.
Leave tradition behind and give us something fresh AND fun.

F Tom

>sprint and ads
>fun

Yes, going faster is fun.
I didn't like Halo 3 as much as Halo 2 because it felt slower.
I don't care if it's through base movement speed or through sprint, I just want to be able to feel like I'm actually playing the space ninjas that Spartans are supposed to be.
The ADS is whatever, don't really mind it either way although the hovering aspect of it is fun and it's let me pull some crazy meme shots when I jump a corner.

thanks senpai

>OP poster
>original poster poster

Savage

>Red is in fucking Hawaii
>meanwhile /hg/ struggles on
/not one of us/

Literally a better island than Anglostan

Honestly user it would be dope if we had a company reunion here and used these cabanas at the pools to system link

I ave mixed feelings about an /hg/ meetup.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Would just be a lot of drunks, from how things are normally

That would be great

>tfw would probably have the money for a vaca like this if I didn't spend it all on the newest video games

t's not that. I just have real bad anxiety so I'd be nervous about meeting you all IRL

Dude, it's cool. Just have a beer with us.

tfw thinking about buying an xbone for halo

it's $100 for a 500gb

Should I just upgrade my pc instead. I feel like I will play it for a few then get bored with it.

Buy it, and if you don't like it, sell it for around the same price

He's right

Where were you when Tom French was no longer based?

As long as he does his job well, his opinion doesn't concern me.
He was great at forge

Halo fighter when

We have a pic

How many times does it need to be established that features like sprint and clamber do nothing but LIMIT the player. But nope LMAO just go play halo 2 good goy! Enjoy our wonderful MCC!

I'm fucking sick of this, fuck 343 and fuck nu-halo

This is NOT bait. Tom French's attitude about this spartan ability shit on Twitter has sent me over the fucking edge. How is it possible for a company to be so incompetent that I have grown to despise a series I used to LOVE

It's called progression even Bungie ran into this issue after Halo 3, of course, they evolved Halo the wrong way with Reach and that had to be corrected in later Halo games.

>T for Teen

You're implying that it's been corrected at all.
Hint: it hasn't
It's just gone off in another equally retarded direction.

HE'S TOO FAST!

>over the fucking edge

>progression
How is it progression if it just restricts the player more?

Really.

They had to evolve the series, Bungie had taken the classic direction as far as they could take it with Halo 1-3. They didn't what else to add to the base gameplay after that so the only way to move forward was to add a fourth pillar, which is what they did in Reach. It was shit so 343 modified the fourth pillar in Halo 4 to base it around mobility but it was still shit. In Halo 5, 343 decided to build off of other shooters that were doing mobility and build upon that in the future. Compared to Halo Reach and 4 it's an improvement and feels like a modern version of Halo.

If you like other exclusives like Forza, do it. 100 is a good deal.

*know

EVERYTHING YOU SAY TO MEEEE

PUTS ME ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE EDGE

AND I'M ABOUT TO BREAK

You can evolve the Halo gameplay without adding in a shitty fourth pillar and trying to turn the game into CoD

It's called new types of weapons, vehicles, game modes, maps, map hazards, stuff like that

But what does that add to player traits?
>Halo CE had players shooter their guns while at the same time throwing grenades and meleeing. Plays could also drive vehicles
>Halo 2 added vehicle hijacking, vehicle boarding, and dual wielding
>Halo 3 added the ability to rip off gun turrets and carry support weapons
>Halo Reach added assassination animations
>Halo 4 added Sprint as a default
>Halo 5 added Spartan Abilities

Why do we need to add anything to player traits

You don't need to change the way the Spartan itself plays, you change everything around it. Vehicles maps modes and weapons.

So we don't end up with the same game again.

>halo 1-3 were the same game

See

you're really retarded if you think we need to tack on new player abilities each game to keep it different

You want the same damn game over and over, none of you can't even think of a way to properly evolve the series except making Halo 1-3 again. If Halo 2 could evolve passed Halo 1 and Halo 3 can evolve passed Halo 2 then you should be able to change up the gameplay a bit for the next game instead of stating, "dur map layout, new weapons, new vehicles" because that's literally just the same game with more stuff instead of any kind of changes that the previous game didn't have.

You're vastly oversimplifying things

Not really, I hate to agree with 343 but every time I hear someone's ideas for the next Halo game on Youtube it clear as day that they never designed a video game in their life. Even when I wasn't taking video game courses in college I knew for a sequel you needed to add something that the previous game didn't have gameplay wise in order for it to feel new and fresh compared to the previous game. When you don't do that you end up with a Destiny 2 issue with players complaining that it's just the same game they played before.

>let me just link to my other meaningless post
nothing you listed is actually a trait of the player character, from a mechanical perspective.

Dual wielding is not a trait of your spartan, it is a trait of certain weapons. they can be picked up and used doubled up or in combination with one another, at the expense of melee, much like the energy sword is a weapon you pick that gives strong melee at the expense of a ranged weapon slot

Hijacking is not a trait of your spartan, it is an action that you take when an enemy vehicle is next to you to take control of that vehicle. It's about as much a "spartan trait" as being able to push buttons to open gates at will in 3 is

ripping off gun turrets is not a spartan trait, it is an action that you take while operating a turret. Imagine if there was a weapon you could pick up that drastically lowered your movement speed but didn't need to reload and had decent range and damage, and then realize you're describing this weapon as an ability.

Equipment is just an item you pick up that has an effect when placed. Imagine calling the sticky detonator from 4 a "player trait".

In CE-ODST, players could do the following things: walk, jump, melee, throw grenades, and shoot. Literally everything else they added that you call a "player trait" is an object interaction. This fundamentally changed in Reach and continued to change more and more up to the present. In halo 5, the things you the player can do are: walk, jump, sprint, hover, thrust, clamber, ground pound, zoom in with every gun, throw grenades, melee, and shoot.

Past Halos easily managed to stay new and fresh without the need for radically changing the base formula via ability bloat. Yet you accuse US of not being creative enough to "evolve" the series.

This is all even funnier to me now. Knowing you took game design courses and yet can't distinguish between an environmental interaction and a base player ability, fucking hysterical.

>make random jump
>find artifact covies have been seeking for centuries
>covies fight brutal war to wipe out humanity
>can't even find earth
>go to investigate a weird reading and find it by accident
hinge heads eternally btfo

>environmental interaction
You're still making the same fucking game as Halo 1-3. What did Sonic 2 add that Sonic 1 didn't have, what did Sonic 3 add that Sonic 2 didn't have? what did Metroid II add that Metroid NES didn't have and vice versa. Almost all sequels add something new to the gameplay to make it different from the past game even if it's small. if you don't add a default trait to the player guess what, you just made the same fucking game over again. You should take up some game classes before you start talking about and acting like you somehow have any knowledge of actual game design.

>hinge heads
Insensitive!
Leave my wife alone you bigot!
#NotAllSangheili

Positive additions > Neutral additions > Negative additions

Natural progression that makes a game feel like a sequel > making the same game adding a new code of paint

#NotAllSplitLips

Be nice

Death to hinges

The outer colony sold out humanity to them

were it so easy

The best

>Sold out
Okay ONI propaganda

>telling that autistic LNG faggot to fuck off
Don't agree with the stuff he said but Tom French is still based in my book.

They worked with splitlips

Kind lf this

I thought there was some artifact that chief found in some museum that cortana kept in her memory and used some sequence associated with it to calculate the slip space trajectory

Yeah, unless they retconned that in Fall of Reach: Poop Edition.

This

Is that the thing by the terminal people?
Is it that bad?

>called the fall of reach
>battle of reach not in the movie

>LNG
Speaking of which, did you guys know he has a GF??
imgur.com/a/W9ftu

Message this to him on plebbit please

Poor pink Spartan

>play MCC
>halo 4 map gets picked

/ourguy/

Fuck I'm so torn here.
Frech is being such a narcisistic dick but I absolitely love seeing latenight blown out.

Nah. Also, this pic was posted earlier in the thread you knob.

It's a good reminder that just because someone is good at something (in this case, making forge) it doesn't mean their opinions overall are going to translate well to everything else you might believe. Frech is quite honestly, at least when it comes to internet discussions, very argumentative and defensive of current trends. He's not joking around, he's not trolling, this is what he honestly believes and he believes it strongly.

I think the silver lining here is that at least now we don't have to wait to be disappointed. We pretty much know ahead of time now that the next game will be halo 5 2.0, so now we just have to prepare for it. It won't be easy for a lot of us, but it's better than waiting for E3 2018 and finding out then.
Stay optomistic.

I hesitany agree with this user.
I don't like sprint in Halo, but I did say I would give 343 one more chance to make a compelling game and regardless of how many red flags pop up along the way, I'm still going to keep my word and buy Halo 6 to see if they can do that.

I knew that this was going to be the case from the beginning. They added too much to the core gameplay to just change it. I already know that some Spartan Abilities that didn't make it into Halo 5 will show up in Halo 6 like Double Jumping, Zip Lining, and Wall Running. I also know that due to complaints, black undersuits may return. When it comes to the art style, I still don't see 343 using the Halo Wars 2 art style especially after what GrimBrotherOne said on Reddit. While I'm optimistic like I am for Metroid Samus Returns, I'll still purchase Halo 6 because even if Halo is never as good as Halo 1-3 again, I still believe the game will be very fun, as a video game should be.

The sheer amount of time they're giving it dictates it having to be at least decent. This will probably be my last Halo game either way. I'm 29 and just don't have the time anymore, but for the changing trends will make it easier to say goodbye.

Sprint is bad.

Still better than h5

It is, but that doesn't mean the game can't still get better even if it stays

Anyone that has been paying attention knows the next game is only going to dissapoint. It will throe enough nostalgia bones out there that some people will say it's "the best since 3" but we won't be fooled.

The accuracy of this pic is depressing

DELET

>tfw this pic is eerily accurate
[No pic accurately explains my despair]

I don't see the issue. The Force Awakens was great and only hipstres on the internet say otherwise just because it's a contrarian opinion.