I'm moving to the US in a week, how do I buy a car there...

I'm moving to the US in a week, how do I buy a car there? I plan to rent an Ecoboost Mustang for 2 weeks or a month (to get used to high-HP RWD cars), then buy a Mustang GT with my relocation money. I'll be moving to Dallas btw.

>have drivers license
>go to dealer
>buy car
>buy insurance

kind of like that plus more paperwork.

Ford target the V8 Mustang to young drivers and the average American consumer. It's designed from the ground up to be an easy, powerful drive. And it is.

You are not buying a TVR or an Ultima or some other mental track weapon/shed nightmarehere. It will not suddenly kill you, or set you and your loved ones on fire. It's a large, easy to park, sensible car with a big floaty engine. Renting the V6 would be a waste of time.

You have to get financing at your bank first.
>no, none of you autists have enough cash to buy a new car outright
>NO you don't you're lying.

Ecoboost is the 4 cylinder.

Ecoboost or V6, doesn't matter really.

I've never driven something that wasn't 4-cyl and fwd. I want to make sure I won't wreck it at the first rain. Does it snow in Dallas? I've never driven in the snow.

Buying new? It's not difficult but can be kind of draining/ stressful.
Visit at least 2 or 3 dealerships, get quotes, see who you like the best.

The salesperson and finance guy will help you with paperwork. Don't let them be too pushy, and make sure you understand what you're signing. They'll put a lot of stuff in front of you to sign that isn't important but just make sure they're not sneaking in extra shit you may not want like extended warranties and stuff. You have to be vigilent with that, and it is a pain.

You can get lending from the dealership or from your US bank. Talk to someone at your bank first and get a loan pre-approval letter. Just bring it with and the dealership will sort it our with your bank. I prefer to use a credit union, they have the lowest interest rates but sometimes the dealership will offer a really low rate.

If you can bring a friend or coworker with it can help.

do you have legit downs

OP said he was using his relocation shekels, nothing about needing financing.

Rarely does it snow in Dallas. I think most winters it does not, but it happens from time to time. Don't worry no one else there knows how to handle snow either.

I do and attempted to, but the dealer wouldn't let me because I didn't know that they wouldn't take that much except in the form of a cashier's check or making me wait until my personal check cleared. So I just put a bunch down, bought a loan, and paid it off the next month.

In Merica the Eco boost isn't really a fast car, or all the hard to control or Intresting. If you want fun for cheap and similar price range get a C5 or C6 vette turn off the driving aids and those can burn ya if you are an idoit.

Or if you are really into performance and being hard to drive by a 1st Gen viper for around 20k that will teach you.

To add on to this, don't ever buy shit like undercoating, rust protection, etc from the dealer. Massive rip-offs where the dealer overcharges by thousands.

>They'll put a lot of stuff in front of you to sign that isn't important but just make sure they're not sneaking in extra shit you may not want like extended warranties and stuff. You have to be vigilent with that, and it is a pain.
they did this to my parents.

my honest advice is to look at the price breakdown sheet. it will have the total price of the car, plus itemized prices of everything else you're paying for. if something doens't jive then it'll stand out on that sheet.

And it never hurts to ask questions or take the time to read what you're signing first. If you're not being a dick about it they're often pretty helpful and people who work at dealerships tend to enjoy chatting rather than having to say the same annoying things to the same kind of annoying customers all day.

Last car I bought, the first thing they put in front of me to sign was the bill of sale. I said "nope, that's the last one I'm signing, I need to see everything else first".
Then he gives me a sheet to sign that has the monthly payments. It was over $100 more per month than the math I did. They had:
>made a "mistake" on the sale price of the car
>ditto for the tax rate (10%!)
>added in a 10 year warranty
>added paint protection and other BS
>had me at a higher interest rate than I was approved for
>added GAP insurance
Yeah, and they wanted me to sign the bill of sale first, fucking scoundrels.

I wasn't mad, I was laughing about how sheisty they were and calling them out on everything.

Last dealer I went to they gave me what to my reading was an agreement that I was buying ABC car for $XYZ and here were all the terms we agreed on and here's the down payment and this is the bank the loan is coming from etc.

So then I go to the back room to finish up with like temp plates and temp registration and wait for the loan paperwork to come back and everything. Oh by the way do you want an extra warranty to go with? And then at the end they give me another thing to sign that looks exactly like the very first thing I signed.

>wait a sec
>hey mr. see this here?
>what's the difference between this thing and what you want me to sign now?

Apparently the first thing I signed wasn't the real deal but just some sort of statement of intent to sign everything else. Jeez. Oh well, had a good laugh with the back room guy about how ridiculous all the paperwork is, how much legal size paper sucks, stories about customers who try to take them to court over stupid shit, and things like that. Can't call them scoundrels, but the initial salesman didn't exactly make the purpose of the initial paperwork clear.

Dallas is a car city through and through- you'll enjoy the Mustang since a lot of the highways are long straights with lots of sight lines to enjoy the ride.

Buying the car is easy, as others have said, multiple dealerships, read the fine print, test drive the GT, and definitely shop around for auto insurance when it's time. Prices can really vary between providers.

If you're willing to do it, get a late model 2017 GT and enjoy some extra savings.

It gets cold, or at least what us Texans call cold because we are so used to high temps.

And if you really want to fit in, buy an Challenger or Charger. We have so many of them on the streets, I even saw an old mexican woman who worked at HEB with one.

1st gen viper

Someone post the gif of the viper going directly off a cliff on a easy turn

I mean I love Vipers, but still, you kinda have to know how to drive one before you own one, if that makes sense.

This. They're all over Oak Cliff and South Dallas.

Also, get used to seeing lots of construction. It's starting to get as bad as cities up north with lanes on large streets being closed at any given time. The other lanes will have potholes.