2005 gto

Found a 2005 Pontiac gto, I know it has the LS2 in it, it has 105k miles, costs 12 grand and it's clean no body damage and interior is perfect, do you think it's a good buy, happy to hear your guys thoughts

Bumping because I want at least one reply

Second bump fuck you

penis

Agreed

Biggest thing is of it's manual or automatic. The Automatic is terrible, 4 speed, soaks up power and mpg.

The car itself is alright. The car itself is heavy compared to the mustang and Camaro. Some say the cars were strapped down too tight being shipped here so bushings are usually shot. The trunk is very tiny. The fuel tank was moved into the trunk because we have different safety standards than Australia. It's a fun coupe, sub 5 second 0-60 and handling can be improved. $12k is a good deal of it's manual.

Damn right it's a manual, they had an auto but didn't even look at it, I don't feel engaged driving in autos

the driveline in general is pretty shit

stock lsd loves to let go and turn into open
trans eats power the 4l60e is horrible stock, alot of people go for a 4l80e swap

They like to corner and can fit 275 at all fours with coilovers and a normal rideheight

the t56 is unkillable

Good to hear, I'm in the military and get that sweet regular paycheck kinda wanna turbo it later

Look up Prochargers. They're easier to do.

What kind of sweet sweet hp and torque gains do you think 3 grand can get me

noice im still stuffing around with a babby cam and rebuild
Also this, literally just a backet, belt and bolt on dont even need a FMIC for low boost and no worries about heat soak 6-10psi
used procharger probably around that then a basic ass tune with a decent dual 2.5"+ mafless catback here make around 500rwhp+ unless the tuner was a retard.

LS love boost apparently u can go 600-800 on stock bottom end if u do valve springs top end.

YES

Buy these things and keep them clean and stock.

No. I need turbo, new exhaust. Minimum.

I'm thinking about 8psi, just for now at least increase later along with a intercooler when I have cash

I also want to put in some nice coil overs, lower it an inch, and prob put in a short throw

Personally I'd get some nice headers and a Catless exhaust. Ask around at Dyno shops and see if they'd do it for you (as long as you don't do sniffer emission testing) I was quoted around $2200 for Kooks Headers, Catless test pipe both installed and Dyno tuned. Gains would be 30hp to the wheels and a lot louder.

the quickest way to make the car complete shit. removing cats is beyond stupid

Kill yourself. These things are becoming harder to come by and becoming increasingly more expensive.

Dont ruin a car by adding tasteless mods that don't do anything but shorten the cars lifespan.

>getting butthurt about what others do to their cars

Unironically neck yourself

Lol man this is my car, I don't care about it's rarity, it's an 05 Pontiac not a forty year vintage fuck off

>Less restriction and heat is bad

This is autism

read up on the forums, check what to look out for. Even i had to check a few things when I bought mine with 32k miles

yeah easy 500+ on that
if my engine didnt nade a turbo would have been the next meme