/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
No. SKSE and ENB will never be updated to work with it.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition. You got your answer. Don't ask this question again in the thread.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wtfuun.tumblr.com/post/154087833400/dragon-lilly-dress-uunp-hdt-main-mod-required
demwaifus.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do you change follower AI/spells? Serana is pretty stupid and weak.

Serana is a Queen.

Berserk races(Caggabe loli, Griffith, Guts, that heretic girl) and outfits for them, Touhou race, a mod that plays music when you mount up, I think he made a Skeleton Knight armor port, probably some other stuff.

its late and being awake hurts

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

Thinking about it, does the OP site even have a section for /tesg/ mods?

not your blog

become a vampire, cherryboy

UFO does this, don't think EFF does.

Nope, it's all kind of mixed in with the regular content

a section just for /tesg/ made content would be good though.

ufo is really out of date though, correct?

can i just edit the ai somehow in the ck?

Probably but fuck if I know how. I know you can teach a follower spells with the console but I don't know how to weight it so they cast certain spells more often than others.

Is there anything fundamentally "wrong" with waifuing a tesg follower?

no

That's kind of sad. I have a small guide on my blog with links to some of our mods but it wasn't detailed because back then we knew who made what and mods were linked all the time.

But newfags don't know about those mods at all.

It's gay as fuck.

I waifu gote and mistel, but only because they are in the harem

EFF does it better and lets you teach them spells, so they can have fun with stuff from Colorful Magic and the like.

Define "waifuing a tesg follower".

post armor on the one on the left

Marrying them and then fucking them before bed every night

"Armor"

Too many reasons to list.

Nope not at all. They are waifus after all!

>those textures on that sweater
Galen-sama, why?

What is the reso on those tattoos you're uploading even if you don't mind me asking?

there is a mod that prevents this right?

these assholes grouping up at the door? is it because there are too many NPCs?

How much a difference does 1440p make for Skyrim? Is it a substantial improvement?

Yes actually, look up More Tavern Idles

I am a firm believer of 1080p being the best p. It's definitely not worth the performance downgrade for only about 20% more screen space.

Yeah it's called "fus ro dah"

Dragon Lily.

It's her favorite sweater. Her grammie knit that for her when she was much younger, so a little stretching occurred when she developed her huuuuuuge... magicka reserves. It's part of the joke.

does it have UUNP support

1200p is objectively better.

MFG console appears to be nonfunctional for me, I'm unsure why. The MfgConsole.dll and .ini files are both properly in data\SKSE\Plugins, are not overwritten at all, and 'extrainfo' is turned on in the .ini file. Anyone here know what could be the culprit?

Proportions are awful and 1200p has worse compatibility with most mods. Frig off izzy.

She looks good in it regardless

>Proportions are awful
>1200p has worse compatibility with most mods
The fuck are you talking about? For this game it's simply more vertical space and in general it's closer to the golden ratio. It's objectively superior, anyone with a brain agrees.

Why do you have such a hair trigger temper over the most trivial shit? Frig off izzy, and take your "they're only IRONICALLY bad xd" 2012 screenshots with you.

What the fuck does resolution have to do with mod compatitibility?

I don't you just have really thin skin lol why you mad? I'm just educating you and that other guy, chill out man.

My "ironically bad" screenshots are better than your "nothing but anger because you were wrong" posts.

>when skyrim originally came out i was just getting out of highschool
>i considered myself highly liberal at the time
>playing skyrim i sided with the stormcloaks
>in my ingroup of friends made 'ulfric 2012' obama memes
>realize much later that the stormcloaks have more in common with the confederates in the american civil war
>the imperials with the union and all that
>think the political irony is kinda humorousand embarassing

anyone know of any tabard mods?

>it's old so it's bad
They look fine.

She wouldn't be using it if it didn't.

Give it up.

Izzy is not a person who can admit that other people's opinions are as valid as his own, or that his own might contain flaws. Arguing with him is like trying to talk a wall into turning transparent.

Best to simply ignore his posts and move on. Nothing of value is lost by doing so.

they look fine, but they have nothing to do with his post, like waving a flag "i'm izzy, pay attention to this post" because he wants people to know its him and they eat up the image limit

You're clearly new and haven't seen Izzy's other, even worse, screenshots. They're all terrible and low res mostly animu shit with the express purpose of being used to avatarfag. And get your eyes checked if you think those blurry DoF CA smears look good.

Got a link to the UUNP version? Can only seem to find the UNPB version.

Most of them are 2K, some sleeve tattoos are 4K.

Yes I am. That guy doesn't have an opinion on this matter though, he clearly has no idea what an aspect ratio is.

>posting 1200p images when talking about 1200p
>nothing to do with my post
Contain your rage. Posting screenshots is what we should all do, this is an imageboard.

My images are fantastic, Eiries and many other respected screen archers has even admitted on several occasions that I'm a fantastic screenshooter. I guarantee you my images are better than yours on averagee, and that nothing you've ever taken comes close to my peak.

@185009654
Sure thing kiddo. Enough (You)s for you, all this attention has clearly gotten to your head.

Should be fine on my PC then.
And thank you again for taking consideration. Hard to find decent texture stuff.

>this cop out
Typical autist.

If the file size is large you might think otherwise. I've used some ridiculously large character textures in the past and they're no good for performance.

continue posting pics they amuse me

@185009654
imagine being this much of a pathetic and autistic laughing stock
you are literally the anthony burch of tesg, and nobody loves you

I'll probably manage. I don't mind playing a little sub 30. Can always lower reso if I have to. I'm not picky, honestly.

@185009815
>jizzy actually thinks that garbage looks good
Wew lad sorry about your toaster and eye/brain problems

If you don't respond to him like a dick, he's pretty accepting. Sure, you won't change his mind, but outside of a few snide comments he won't attack you for them.

wtfuun.tumblr.com/post/154087833400/dragon-lilly-dress-uunp-hdt-main-mod-required

Post yours too.

>reeeeeeeeeeeee
It's okay to be a sad sack who has no arguments but just don't post when it's u resorting to samefagging. You're just ruining the thread right now.

I always got insulted playing below 45, most of my time was at 60fps.

What's with the @postid stuff?

I don't disagree, but accepting or not he has a tendancy to post in an incredibly condescending manner that can really get on people's nerves.

1. It's a passive aggressive way of saying that they aren't giving the poster they are replying to anymore (you)s.

2. They're trying to escape the argument while still posting. They hope the person they're responding to won't notice, and thus won't reply.

>>jizzy actually thinks that garbage looks good
Where the hell did you get that idea?

Dude seriously why are you so mad at me? I've helped you in the past and have never not been pleasant to you. We're literally on the same team.

Because tumblr took over. I haven't done anything to make anyone mad this thread and just look at these people ruining the thread.

is this an altmer child or a fantasy elf?

skin isn't piss yellow enough, but she doesn't have wonky jap elf ears

@185010049
>everyone who calls me out on my shitposting is a samefag!
sad, man. just sad. it's abundantly clear nobody here likes you. and you're objectively ruining the thread by posting your shitty pictures and detracting from the image limit, i'm doing nothing wrong by calling your loser ass out

it's a surefire way to get shitposters desperately trying to bait harder for their precious (You)s, if they don't get a proper (You) then they freak out. works every time and it's hilarious

I miss oblivion, but everytime i try to mod it, I get annoyed at how much of a hassle it is compared to skyrim, and I end up back in skyrim.

send hlp.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

@185010206
You what? You don't even know me.
>Where the hell did you get that idea?
Maybe from a few posts up where you retardedly boasted that all your screenshots are teh best evur when they're all low quality shit?

I like modding Oblivion because when I load up the game I get to heard pleasant music, sound effects, and funny NPCs chatting about. The sound design in general is great too, like the sfx you hear out in the woods. The mods I often install are great too.

Why is it a hassle for you compared to Skyrim?

>Maybe from a few posts up where you retardedly boasted that all your screenshots are teh best evur when they're all low quality shit?
Totally different game.

And sorry I assumed you were the one other person who posts Oblivion screenshots in /tesg/. Apparently there are three of us.

>Why is it a hassle for you compared to Skyrim?

Lack of MO support. I've been modding since manual in Morrowind, but nowadays, I don't have much patience for the old ways.

Think you might have those up here in the next 30? Starting to get a little pressed to go to bed soon.

I honestly don't have the luxury to complain about framerate, so I'll take what I can get.

I feel you there. I've never been a big fan of mod managers in previous games since they all basically did the exact same thing as installing mods manually. I used them pretty much to adjust load order and that's it.

But Mod Organizer has spoiled the SHIT out of me.

Why can't you use it for Oblivion? Should work. Either way that's a pretty boring excuse especially when OBMM or Wrye exist.

I'll put them on my blog if you don't get them before you go to sleep.
demwaifus.blogspot.com/
I have some other tattoo textures so I'll just link them all when he uploads them.

How?

Upon further testing, if I put the files into the data directory directly instead of using Mod Organizer it all works.

When I use Mod Organizer somehow it doesn't. Yet all my other mods seem to work just fine through Mod Organizer, this is the only one that has had problems. What the fuck.

When I was using mfg and I think extendedUI at the same time, I had to move mfg after that mod or else mfg wouldn't work. But you said it's not being overwritten, so Im not sure.

Unfortunately for you, the ETA for the upload is 1 hour and 10 minutes. Sorry for being a third worlder with shit internet.

Go get some sleep pal, try it out tomorrow.

did you enable it in MO as both a mod and a plugin?

As far as I can tell, OBMM will overwrite files, and BAIN overwrites, but tries to preserve things. I'll try to get MO working with oblivion.

>How?
Mainly because I have quite a few mods which all adjust the same files, and it's SO damn nice to just adjust the order they load to determine which one overwrites the others.

For example I got Auriel's bow on tuesday and wasn't happy with the texture, so I downloaded a few different retex mods and loaded them up in-game. I swapped out the priorities to see the different textures and used that to pick the one I liked best.

I also used to worry about uninstalling mods back when I had a huge amount and not being sure if I'd be removing a texture that was previously overwritten and breaking a piece of armor, that kind of thing. MO is super, super nice in those regards. Also being able to right-click a mod and hit its nexus page instantly, being able to see immediately which version of a mod I have installed, those kinds of things.

Individually none of those are really essential but lots of small, helpful fixes together add up to one big helpful program.

I don't know how Wrye manages that sort of stuff but I know it's better than OBMM. But why uninstall mods that are conflicting? Outside of texture modding, which you don't need to do much for Oblivion, there's never really a situation where you have to switch stuff around.

>Mainly because I have quite a few mods which all adjust the same files, and it's SO damn nice to just adjust the order they load to determine which one overwrites the others.
You can just install them on top of one another though, and like I said above Oblivion doesn't have many mods that overwrite.

I'm not using extendedUI so that shouldn't affect it.

>did you enable it in MO as both a mod and a plugin?
It doesn't have an ESP file, I enabled it as a mod and ensured that when I look at the data tab on the right side of the program MfgConsole.dll and .ini were there and the 'Mod' column for them was not in red to indicate any overwrites.

Only problem really is that now that it wasn't working for that one mod, it makes me wonder if it could be fucking up for others as well. Other mods I've recently installed have no problems but with many mods which aren't immediately apparent it might have fucked up something somewhere else. Like, now I'm wondering if my uncapper is properly working to adjust XP rates.

I can wait. Sleep is only temporary. I do not wish to miss this opportunity.
You're giving your time for this so I will be here to receive it.

I doubt it's MO messing up, but if you're concerned about your uncapper, just change the .ini file for it to give you 343 perks on levelup and load up a save and level up to test it.

Post your load order and such.

You can also just scroll up later.

Hehe, well then, please be patient.

Your internet is incredibly bad.

Here's the funniest part.

This is the most expensive and the best internet plan that the ISP has.

What could it be other than Mod Organizer messing up though?

All I did was copy the three folders out from the Mod Organizer folder (SKSE, Scripts, Interface) and drop them directly in the Data folder, disabled the mod, and now it works. Before where I didn't get the extra info, now it comes up perfectly.

Where the fuck do you live, North Korea? I think my dial up used to be faster than that garbage.

Let's just pretend she's bosmer.

Indonesia, AKA the same country where the previous minister in charge of communications and technology once said "What do you need fast internet for?"

>indonesia
Jesus christ. I've heard nothing but awful things about the people, the government, and apparently now the internet there. I would literally kill myself if I had to live in that shithole of a country.

Just to be sure, go to the nexus page and download the mod again through MO, then reinstall it, choosing replace. I suspect you got the directories messed up when installing the mod.

But hey, at least everything is cheap here and the food is very good.

I've never been, but I live in Utah and have spoken with Mormon missionaries who have been.

From what I hear, everyone is incredibly racist, rude as fuck, and dumb as bricks (Shitty education system). People are unhealthy as fuck due to a huge number of really shitty habits like just dumping trash everywhere (Especially rivers), chain-smoking, awful diets, etc. The government is corrupt as hell, and apparently now I learn their internet is HILARIOUSLY pathetic.

I mean at least you're not living under the thumb of a dictator, or literally starving in africa, but from all I've heard of the place it's still a complete and utter shithole.

>I live in Utah and have spoken with Mormon missionaries
>From what I hear
lmao

From what I hear, Somalia is a really nice place. You should go there user!
Third-world countries are awful places and you should never go to them if you can avoid it.

I know, I'm living in a veritable paradise on earth compared to a 3rd world country. I'm probably spoiled as hell compared to the people there. I'm not even Mormon myself, and if I was I'd probably try to go on a mission somewhere in the US since housing in 3rd world countries is worse than being homeless in the US.

>Mormon missionaries
Oh kek. No wonder.

Openly preaching any religion except Islam will most likely end up with you being lynched by an angry mob, and being accused of being Christian is as almost as bad as being accused as a communist.

I'd heard they were racist as hell, didn't hear about extreme religious intolerance. It's sounding better and better by the minute!

So all country talk aside, here's a skyrim-related question.

Are there any mods which fix Ash Piles so they actually get removed and don't stick around forever?

>be me
>have the reserve mod player home
>use it normally for a week or so
>suddenly whenever i fast travel to it or fast travel near it (rorikstead and such) the game crashes
>my entire book collection and loot in chest is impossible to get to because of this

please help ;_;

Will anything in TES ever top Oblivion Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, and Shivering Isles?