All right, Veeky Forums...

All right, Veeky Forums. Rent in LA even with roommates in a cuck shed is $6-700 per month and looks like doesn't get lower than that. With utilities and we're approaching $800. I could lease a new car with that money. Gas, insurance, repairs and maintenance would be additional expenses, and there's still the commute jew, but all in should still come out cheaper than renting an apartment here. Is this the Veeky Forums way to go, Veeky Forums?

lol user you're on Veeky Forums Veeky Forums

majority of kids here still live with their parents in some flyover state. They will tell you to move out of that "liberal shithole". truth is, do whatever you can afford and try not to live beyond your means.

I have a friend whos now lives Little Tokyo where his S2K just collects dust in the garage as there is like no point to driving it anywhere (he's a work at home dude). Also its obviously expensive.

Are you planning on living out of your car?

if you have to ask, you're answer is obvious
just get a civic or something equally cheap

That's a big fat braphole

I lived in my car for a year. Stayed in LaHabra for a couple of months. Get a van, m8. You can get a small van like a Transit Connect/Promaster City.

DONT FUCKING LEASE.

Move out of your liberal shithole. In any red state you will have far less taken from your paycheck and rent will be lower. Plus car regulations are cheaper too and no emissions bs. In Texas you can take a straight piped car to nearly any mechanic and it'll pass inspection

In Texas, it takes 12 hours to get anywhere and the roads are complete shit.

Austin, San Antonio, and Houston are all within 3 hours or less of each other. Fuck living in Dallas. Roads are not bad. I've only been to San Diego and the roads were similar

>I've only been to San Diego and the roads were similar
>civilized paved roads
>compared to dirt trails and chipped asphalt

Yeah whatever hickboy, don't compare your shithole roads to our roads ever again. I've seen where you people live, and it's fucking disgusting. Austin is the only civilized city left in your big pile of nothing state.

S O Y
O
Y

>rent will be lower
Yeah the real estate is worth less cause nobody wants to live there

Florida.

>warm
>fuck snow, but that won't be a problem in LA
>taxes are ridiculously low, specifically with the absence of state income tax
>little to no restrictions on cars
>cost of living is wayyy lower than cali
>university system is excellent
>lots and lots of jobs in just about every sector coming in all the time, so you'll easily be able to find work
>literally never deal with snow
>car culture is actually pretty fun here; I am at FSU right now and there are pretty much v6 mustangs and camaros everywhere, but actual car meets have some really cool stuff, even up here in the sticks in tallahassee.

Objectively the best state for Veeky Forums, only downside is our lack of fun roads.

anywhere in the SGV and IE would be cheaper

Buy a van and do a conversion if you plan on going that route.

>brags his city's home prices are inflated by foreign investors
>cant afford a home
You can't even get proper Premium gas in Cali haha

Another downside is that its fucking florida

hey OP this guy was right

see these posts below.

>university system is excellent
>lots and lots of jobs in just about every sector coming in all the time, so you'll easily be able to find work

I live in LA. Pay $750 in rent, another $100 in utilities. I can't imagine ever owning a home here besides by inheriting my parents'. I'll probably move to another state some day but I don't like the idea of leaving my home state to a bunch of beaners and Hollywood transplant fags. Get a motorcycle, it'll save you from the commute and insurance jew. Living out of a car/van/rv always turns to shit, literal shit. I've known a handful of respectable non druggie people that tried it and it's a bunch of work just staying clean and sane.

>Live in Ohio
>Rent is seriously cheap as fuck and can buy a nice house with land for like next to nothing
>Lots of snow in upper Ohio so can have a snowmobile or have a boat for Lake Erie
>Lots of great twisty driving roads in the southeast or around Pittsburgh
>Jobs in Columbus
>Low taxes
>Kickass corn and soybeans everywhere so can hoon in fields
>No dumb retail alcohol laws
>No fucking car inspections

>Move to Colorado
>Rent is like $1500 a month for trash apartments and huts cost starting $350k to buy with no lawn
>So dry skin itches constantly
>State is ruined by Texans and Californians
>Great twisty roads in the mountains
>Jobs pretty much only in Denver where rent is high and the jobs don't pay comparatively
>Have to buy alcohol in special stores
>High taxes
>Potheads. liberals, and homeless people everywhere
>Have to pass a yearly emissions and safety inspection so you can't mod your car or even use an aftermarket ECU or tune

Fuck this I'm going back

>Live in Ohio
>Live in Colorado

while Colorado is thriving from the weed ting, for the most part its for rich fucks, regardless of political affiliation.

Your life isn't exactly going to be better in ohio and your wages are def going to be less, there's a reason why its cheap there and it aint because there are a bunch of "white" people there.

Live in a trailer on the beach like Martin Riggs.

why leave the state? theres plenty of great cities here that aren't that expensive. North California is pretty good.
Iget you though. I was born in this fucking place and am getting priced out by transplants

I'd leave the state because I could buy a big house with land in Vermont for like 300. I'd feel bad leaving my parents though. My two siblings already moved to DC and I'm all they have left here in LA.

>lib fags say everywhere that isn't commiefornia is a "flyover state"

>HURR DURR ITS $800 JUST FOR RENT

there's 49 other states you fucking retards

though it would be better if you stayed where you are cuz we don't want em

>Homeless people
Yeah what's the deal with that? Every off ramp and grocery store parking lot in the state has some faggot flying a sign.

Move somewhere else.

>soybeans
>soy

>LA
There's your problem. move somewhere better

>tfw live at home with parents and dad is a landlord who owns two properties, the one we live on and one we rent out to our neighbors, so I will never have to pay rent ever and can just live at home forever and do whateve the fuck i want

Move to Arizona,Nevada,or New Mexico somewhere close to them.
It would be cool to live in a rural desert town

Honestly you should consider moving to the Midwest. The cost of living is pretty cheap.

Inb4 flyover. Anyone who says that clearly hasn't been anywhere in northern Michigan, it's beautiful up there. Also cheap to live up north too, unless you go for a meme city like Mackinac island

>$6 dollars to $700 a month
that does not sound too bad desu

Any state that has inspections at all is a shitty state.

>In Texas you
are surrounded by fat dumbfucks with more guns than brain cells

>living in California
>ever
why anyone would want to live in that shit hole state is beyond me
>b-but muh pacific coast highway
there's plenty of fun roads in other, less shitty places

>Ohio kickass corn

Kys

wow, why so bitter?

Amen brother. Traverse City is gorgeous with great food, beer and tons of bitches. its where i want to retire.

231 native here- Fudgies get out, REEEEEEEEEEE!

>paying out the ass for a shoebox because you love the city so much
If people hocking the "liberal shithole" meme are kids still living at home then people hocking the "muh beautiful cultured city" are in their late twenties and early thirties blowing thousands a month on rent all so they can blow it on garden variety recreation.
>I paid 1800 a month in rent so I can have some food I can't get elsewhere
>so I can fuck around a bit in a club
Whereas your parents already had careers and children while you're just playing around in the city. Grow up.

Traverse City is cool, in October I went to the u.p for the first time with some friends and I legit didn't want to leave. Everyone was so nice and the scenery was stunning. If you ever get a chance go to Tahquamenon Falls State Park and walk on the trails. It takes a few hours to walk from end to end but it's so worth it

Pic related

What if you're making six figures whilst living in the city?

Then don't hang out on this board.

> Soyboy angst

if your goal is to save money, sleeping in the car is way to go. grab a used transit connect cargo van, convert it into a living space and you got a efficient mobile home.

get a 24 hrs membership and u can use bathroom/shower all day long, and can safely sleep in its parking lot at night.

get an unlimited wireless plan and tether it for Wifi.

it wont be a comfortable lifestyle, but u can sure as hell save a lot of money.

>Texas
>inspection

ROFLMAOOOOO, we Texans be free xD

Fuckover here to Indiana and enjoy being able to drive whatever you want and not get bothered for it.

In California I just pay some Mexican a few buck$ and he passes my inspection ...

>Ohio
>doesn't mention speed cameras that are still used everywhere despite state banning them
>60mph highway speed limit
>helicopter enforced speeding tickets
>cops can "eyeball" your speed and cite you for it
>shit drivers everywhere
>roads are shit despite being constantly under construction
>likely to get stuck behind Amish fucks on the only country roads

Yeah no, fuck Ohio. Michigan will always be better than you.

t. Alabama

And any state that doesn't have inspections is an underdeveloped hick shithole. Besides, American inspections are a fucking joke anyway, you have to literally have the headlights missing to fail them.

>Michigan will always be better than you.
You have to speak up, I can't hear you from all the way down in your pothole.

Seriously. I went to school in Michigan. Worst place for someone who cares about their car.

>Ridiculous amount of rust on cars less than 10 years old
>Potholes and shit roads everywhere in the winter, constant construction in the summer
>It's warm for maybe 3 months out of the year

Seriously, fuck the Midwest. You too Ohio.

and all those reasons is why its cheap to live in the midwest. its shit there.

>believing the pothole meme

Don't live in a low income area. Turns out people who pay taxes have better roads. Who woulda thunk it

Move to Georgia. 800$ a month is a 1200 ft^2 house that you actually own.

Buy a 125cc bike you faggot. Park it inside the apartment.