Drifting in the snow

How the hell do people do this so good??? We have a 90 degree turn near where I live, it's sort of the end of a road and the beginning of another. Everyone tries to drift in the snow on this corner and 9 times out of 10 they go in the ditch and have to get towed. But every once in a while I see this dude in a Chrysler 300 doing what looks like about 25 or 30 MPH or so around this corner and he nails it ever time. He doesn't over correct or do anything bad but just flies around the corner rooster tailing it the whole way and just continues on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LvSu8z79D4s
youtu.be/LvSu8z79D4s?t=78
youtube.com/watch?v=vAlmCMDWLrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The secret is to not try and do a big drift. If you just go around the corner a bit faster than usual and correct for the oversteer you get, you'll look a lot faster and more impressive than the faggots who try to scandi-flick into it and wrap their shit around a pole.

They're probably taking it way too wide and understeering. You gotta take turn tight as fuck when you don't have grip. You should also learn to weight transfer drift instead of relying on the e-brake.

youtube.com/watch?v=LvSu8z79D4s

You need rwd, you can't drift in your mom's Accord.

300s weigh 4200lbs and have shit grip. Makes it easy to do a basic drift on a corner like that in the snow/rain.
Source: owns one, does this when it rains.

Bullshit, you can drift with fwd but it's more about using weight transfer. You just get more oversteer with rwd.

Those fucking flames at 1:18
youtu.be/LvSu8z79D4s?t=78

MY DICK CAN ONLY GET SO ERECT

>HOW DO PEOPLE DO THINGS WELL?
Practice

That 300 is good at it because he's practiced it in parking lots every winter since he first got his license. He knows that corner and how to nail it perfectly because he's done it dozens if not hundreds of times.

>mfw when your exhaust glows brighter than the tail lights.

Practice practice. Start small. Eventually you'll get bigger and better without thinking.

I'm doing RWD for the first time the past few months. At first I was a mess and I'd knock into the TC and spin the wheels trying to drive conservatively. Just recently now even without snow I hit the TC because it's starting to feel so natural I forget that the TC is going to kick in if it goes more than just slightly sideways during casual driving.

You mean throttle?

You just blow in from stupid town? More throttle gives understeer in a FWD car.

>what is powersliding

You can force the car to keep sliding with RWD, FWD will always eventually pull the rear wheels back in line.
You can definitely induce oversteer with FWD though, that's true.

practice in empty parking lots, learn how your car acts and shifts in sliding conditions

Holy shit that looks so gud. I think I've seen flames like that in those arab aventador revving videos

Shortly before they catch fire ayy lmao

>approaching corner
>get slightly outside where you'd normally take it on dry pavement
>right before the corner lift off the gas
>flick the wheel slightly away from the corner then turn in

If you did it right the rear should break loose now just point the car towards the exit of the corner and modulate the throttle to steer.

If you end up in the ditch you did it wrong.

this is really the way to do it

On a loose surface if you don't manage the car's weight correctly then it'll tend to understeer not oversteer.

Have you ever even driven in snow?

It can depend slightly on setup. When I was teaching a friend to drive stick in my FWDbox once we hit a gravel turnaround and I told him to go ahead and try to slide it.

It was an understeery mess until I told him the secret was to cut the wheel all the way to lock and keep his foot on the gas so that both wheels would break free and pull the car sideways enough to keep the weight of the rear end swinging around. He had a blast. We went around a few times for good measure :D

Practice

We have a mile long forest road a bit north of where I live that me and my buddy use for fucking around on

youtube.com/watch?v=vAlmCMDWLrk

All about throttle control.
I hate to say this normally but if you give it a try in gran turismo or something like that first you’ll see what I mean

you have to use the force young padawan, be one with the car, done drive the car, feel the car

glad you had fun but in general on a loose surface you don't want to just hit a corner faster than you would were you on dry pavement without either doing something to transfer load to the front tires (lift, turn, brake) or deliberately breaking the rear end loose to get the car to turn (scandi-flick)

Yup. That particular car was very short wheelbase with almost all the weight up front, so it was good for overpowering the front and pulling itself into rotation.

We went back to the same turnaround in a different friend's accord. I already knew the accord to be set up even on just a dry or wet road to have the front end just nope out and plow unless you really coaxed it. I thought maybe on gravel there would be less of an impact from alignment and suspension setup, but there was still just too much weight in the rear for the front end to yank around and hold rather than just skitter sideways a bit and going back to plowing. And if you figure accords are for normies, that's pretty much what you'd want to have happen for safety.

this. its not witchcraft to due with his car or anything like that. hes good